Single-Wide I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Single-Wide I.P.A.Single-Wide I.P.A.

good

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Boulevard Single-Wide I.P.A. is our take on a style that originated in 18th century Great Britain. This American version—inspired by our Smokestack Series Double-Wide I.P.A.—boasts a heady combination of six varieties of hops, some of which were employed for dry-hopping.

(Beer added by: kcillini77 on 12-15-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Single-Wide I.P.A. Alström Bros

This beer pours a clear golden amber color with two fingers of foamy white head that retains amazingly and leaves a good amount of lacing. The aroma is strong with citrus hop notes. The flavor starts with the citrusy hops and then becomes strongly bitter and finishes with a hint of bready malt. The mouthfeel is overcarbonated and leaves a very lingering bitterness. Overall a good ipa.

WoodBrew, Apr 06, 2012
3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

Pours a clear yellow amber color with a finger of white head. Lots of white lace.

The nose is lightly hopped with a mix of subtle seet malts. Light grassy hops.

The taste is also light and refreshing. Grassy hops meet seet malt in a conservative, tidy motion.

Light, crisp, and refreshing. Light-bodied

Overall, decent a good for a summer day, just not too bold or memorable.

ChugginOil, Apr 06, 2012
3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

matthageman, Apr 01, 2012

bowlerjoe2, Apr 01, 2012
3.45/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle from a mixed six at Happy Harry's Grand Forks, North. BB 6/30/12. Poured into a Duvel tulip at ~4C

A: The bottle opens with a noticeable "Pssht!" and a ton of head (2-3 fingers) pours atop a hazy copper orange brew.
S: A balanced nose, initially with sweet carmael malts then a bit of American fruity hop notes. The hop nose is a little light here.
T: The body has a subtle sweetness with some light hop flavours and a bit of a bitter bite. Way too subdued for an American IPA in 2012. Maybe I'm becoming immune to subtler hopped IPAs, but this is decent, but reminds me more of SN Pale or Summit EPA.
M: Biting carbonation and a bit of building bitterness.
O: A nice enough beer, but it sure doesn't come across as a modern IPA. At 5.7% it's at the lower end of the spectrum, and it certainly comes off as a pale ale to my palate.

kjyost, Apr 01, 2012

fuzzcherry, Mar 31, 2012

mdimeglio, Mar 31, 2012
3.88/5  rDev +3.7%

an ipa on the lighter side. nose is fresh fruity hops, with a resiny aroma. sweet like honey. flavor is very light and delicate, not at all what i was expecting from this american ipa. the hops are refreshingly tart, but not bitter. malt profile is very light, crystal to pale on the flavor spectrum, and very well balanced. feel is super light for the style, but pushing medium bodied. well carbonated but not explosively so. a great brew to enjoy outside in the spring. very fresh flavors went well with a couple of beer brats on the grill. very sessionable and may become a staple in my fridge this season.

StonedTrippin, Mar 28, 2012

4.5/5  rDev +20.3%

Darles_Chickens, Mar 18, 2012

SweJon, Mar 09, 2012
3.78/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle poured into my Terrapin glass. It poured slightly hazy and amber in color with a thick, frothy head to it. It left some thick, rocky looking lacing on the edges of the glass as I drank it as well.

The aroma has a citrusy hoppiness to it with some strong notes of grapefruit and orange peel to it. I get a some bready malts playing a support role as well.

The taste also shows a lot of grapefruit like citrus to it with a little bit of a brighter orange like flavor. I get a little more of a sweet, bready, maltiness to it as well.

The mouthfeel is medium bodied with carbonation being average. Overall it was a pretty good beer, but not a really outstanding one of the style. Pretty drinkable and nicely flavored overall though.

billab914, Mar 09, 2012

RDW, Mar 03, 2012

steamboatbrewer, Mar 01, 2012

saheider, Mar 01, 2012

NastyT, Feb 29, 2012
3.78/5  rDev +1.1%

Thanks to Beerman207 for the hook up on this one. It's been in my fridge for a few weeks and I kind of forgot about it, so I figure it's best to get it drank before it sits any longer. Review is from notes taken on 2/25/2012.

Appearance: Pour is a hazy and light golden/coppery color; strong carbonation bubbling up throughout and there is plenty of floaties in the body from the additional yeast used at bottling; starts with a fluffy, one-finger, slightly off-white head with decent retention;

Smell: Smell is pretty solid when I first crack it and I love the blend of the bitter and fruity hops with the sweeter aspect from the yeast; really reminiscent of grapefruit.

Taste: Pretty good, but it comes across a little weaker than I hoped for based upon the smell -- perhaps I let it sit too long in the fridge; it's still good, but just comes across a tad watery; the bitter grapefruit-like hops are up front, and there is a nice grainy and sweeter breadiness that follows up from behind. I like IPAs they're a pretty straight forward beer than can avoid become overly complicated, but this does have the nice touch of the added yeast at bottling and it does give it just a nice twist.

Mouthfeel: About what I would like in a beer of tho caliber-- body is light and not imposing; the carbonation is just about spot on and ranges from sharp pricks to a smooth bubbliness around the rest of the palate. A nice light aftertaste is certainly pleasant as it lingers around.

Overall: I would definitely pick this beer up again, but I would force myself to try to drink it a little sooner to avoid any adverse aging affects on the beer itself. Still a solid beer and I would drink this all summer whether sitting on a lawn mower or standing in front of a grill.

bamadog, Feb 26, 2012
3.93/5  rDev +5.1%

Poured from the bottle into a mug. I almost broke my neck the first time I tried to drink this because I had just cleaned my wood floors and was wearing socks. Needless to say, I cleaned them again because IPA is not a great addition to wood floors. So here goes the second attempt.

Appearance - Pours a hazy gold, nice thick, creamy head which slowly dissipates and never totally goes away. Nice bubble action inside the brew too.

Smell - Big pine, floral, citrus, just a hint of yeast and grain. Just like an IPA should smell.

Taste - Follows the nose almost to a T. Good balanced taste between the hops and malts.

Mouthfeel - Finishes pretty clean and bitter. Like it.

Overall - What can I say? Another solid offering from Boulevard, could certainly be used as a sessionable beer. There isn't a thing wrong with this beer, in fact I really like it. However, if given the choice, I will go with Boulevards Double Wide IPA, which is this beer ramped up to an Imperial. It's every bit as good, just with more ABV. Boulevard strikes again

TheCondor, Feb 21, 2012

mechanicalprints, Feb 21, 2012

ChocolateJesus, Feb 19, 2012
Single-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.