Single-Wide I.P.A. - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Single-Wide I.P.A.Single-Wide I.P.A.

good

good

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Beer added by: kcillini77 on 12-15-2008

Boulevard Single-Wide I.P.A. is our take on a style that originated in 18th century Great Britain. This American version—inspired by our Smokestack Series Double-Wide I.P.A.—boasts a heady combination of six varieties of hops, some of which were employed for dry-hopping.

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Single-Wide I.P.A. Alström Bros
3.88/5  rDev +3.7%

Tasty, with a bitterness that punches far above its ABV weight. Pours a clear, bright orange with a medium head. The aroma is mild, slightly spritzy orange, but not strong. The flavor, however, is strong and orangy, with a rich, forward bitterness, like licking the rind of a blood orange. The malt balances it with a slight sweetness and a long, satisfying bitter finish. This beer reminds me of a slightly sweeter offering from Stone.

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

3.88/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

1.9/5  rDev -49.2%

Presentation: 12 oz short bottle, best by date of 8/24/09 printed on the neck. I was excited to see this along with the Irish Red now available in Colorado.

Appearance: Way over-carbonated, a slow pour results in half a glass of foam. Color is a hazy orange.

Smell: Something is a bit off - after the wild pour and a slight funk in the aroma, I'm getting worried.

Taste: Lots of hop bitterness, but the flavor isn't hops, its more of a funky note, and I can't imagine that is by design.

Overall impression: I was thrilled to see Boulevard hit the shelves in Colorado, but now I'm a bit worried. The Irish was mediocre, this is worse. I'm not sure if its infected, or just how this beer tastes, but I found it barely drinkable.

4.27/5  rDev +14.2%

A- Tangerine-orange colored, hazy body with a big, bubbly, pillowy head. Lacing is decent, foamy

S- The smell is phenomenal with a distinct yeast/grain flavor typical to rising bread. Of course there are loads of American, citrus-flavored hops.

T- Flavor is mellow besides the glowing hop profile of stingy bitters.

M- Relatively light with foamy carbonation.

D- A damn good, bottle-conditioned beer from Boulevard, probably the best from their regular line-up. I have a great respect for the bottle-conditioned beer that can tame the yeast monster.

3.8/5  rDev +1.6%

Thanks to Beerman207 for the hook up on this one. It's been in my fridge for a few weeks and I kind of forgot about it, so I figure it's best to get it drank before it sits any longer. Review is from notes taken on 2/25/2012.

Appearance: Pour is a hazy and light golden/coppery color; strong carbonation bubbling up throughout and there is plenty of floaties in the body from the additional yeast used at bottling; starts with a fluffy, one-finger, slightly off-white head with decent retention;

Smell: Smell is pretty solid when I first crack it and I love the blend of the bitter and fruity hops with the sweeter aspect from the yeast; really reminiscent of grapefruit.

Taste: Pretty good, but it comes across a little weaker than I hoped for based upon the smell -- perhaps I let it sit too long in the fridge; it's still good, but just comes across a tad watery; the bitter grapefruit-like hops are up front, and there is a nice grainy and sweeter breadiness that follows up from behind. I like IPAs they're a pretty straight forward beer than can avoid become overly complicated, but this does have the nice touch of the added yeast at bottling and it does give it just a nice twist.

Mouthfeel: About what I would like in a beer of tho caliber-- body is light and not imposing; the carbonation is just about spot on and ranges from sharp pricks to a smooth bubbliness around the rest of the palate. A nice light aftertaste is certainly pleasant as it lingers around.

Overall: I would definitely pick this beer up again, but I would force myself to try to drink it a little sooner to avoid any adverse aging affects on the beer itself. Still a solid beer and I would drink this all summer whether sitting on a lawn mower or standing in front of a grill.

3.75/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.8/5  rDev +1.6%

3.85/5  rDev +2.9%

4.27/5  rDev +14.2%

Orange in color with a thick off-white head. Also, some yeast floating around in the brew. Not much lacing on the glass.

Bitter hop aroma of pine and citrus lure me in for a sip.

Hops are robust, citrusy, soapy and delicious. Just a touch of caramel sweetness in the malt. Surprisingly smooth for an IPA, the flavors are well blended.

Sturdy medium-body and adequately carbonated, drying on the palate.

A hop-lover's dream. Very drinkable and balanced despite the tons of flavor.

4.11/5  rDev +9.9%

best by 10.30.11
A: hazy orange. super thick and creamy off white 1" head lasted the entirety of the 30-45 minutes it took to finish the glass. a thick blanket of lace with no clear spots on every sip. just an amazing head.
S: citrus, pine, and honeyed bready malt. nice and fresh smelling. i like the use of relatively pale malts here. noticeable yeast character.
T: lightly sweet bready malts are washed out by a smooth and slightly juicy hop bitterness. finishes dry with lingering hops. yeasty. just a touch thin.
M: nice and frothy. light to medium body. lively, natural Co2. great job on the bottle conditioning.
O: a very pleasant surprise, as other offerings i've had from boulevard have been underwhelming. i also like that this is under 6% abv...will definitely buy this again. also props for the 6 pack enclosed box which precludes any light from getting in prior to purchase.

3.25/5  rDev -13.1%

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

3.98/5  rDev +6.4%

Got this on special. It was outdated. I was not worried since the hops would be a good preservative.

I poured this and got a nice fluffy head on a lighter than normal(for an IPA) color. Color was gold with a tinge of orange and some carbonation bubbles. The nose was nice and citrus. The taste is mostly citrus with nice hop profile. Not much malt in this one but it is very appealing to drink and has a nice mouthfeel. The ABV is not as high but beer is still slightly warming. A very good offering for the style.

Single-Wide I.P.A. from Boulevard Brewing Co.