Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Tank 7 Farmhouse AleTank 7 Farmhouse Ale

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  8.50% ABV

Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

(Beer added by: grumpy on 06-19-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale Alström Bros

sourdream, Oct 21, 2012

rspauldi, Jun 06, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -45.9%

lic217, Oct 21, 2013
2.28/5  rDev -45.2%

I think this was an extra from Exiled. Thanks!

12oz. brown bottle poured into a Levitation tulip.

A: Pours a few tints darker than a pour gold color with nice clarity. 2 fingers of nearly pearl white head with good retention and some lacing.

S: Somewhat subtle but pleasant. Very fruity with plenty of yeasty esters. Not a lot of phenols from the yeast. Light pilsner malts.

T/M: Sharp grain bite and some phenols from the yeast, which is surprising after the aroma. Very peppery and there's a bit of alcohol bite as well. Yeasty esters are being dominated by the phenols but still there behind everything. Body is medium with high carbonation. This beer just get worse as I drink it and as it warms.

D: The phenols are nearly outrageous. If not for this, I think it be pretty drinkable. I actually had to drain pour it after it warmed up further.

pwoods, Jan 11, 2011
2.38/5  rDev -42.8%

A: 4 finger head, funny, the carbonation on the bottom is a perfect circle floating to the top. The head goes down quickly. Nice mellow golden color.

S: Citrus aroma, slightly mettallic, grapefruit.

T: Bitter, bitter, bitter! Hoppy with some grapefruit and other citrus. The bitter taste stays with you as you drink it. Gets more bitter as you drink on.

M: great carbonation, good feel.

O: I was so disappointed in this beer. I was really bitter and just kept getting more and more bitter as I drank it. The grapefruit is nice and refreshing, but the hoppy, bitterness overwhelms any other tones within the beer. I will not be buying this beer again.

Yokoono76, Mar 03, 2013

JarMills, Mar 23, 2013

Aisha, Jul 07, 2013

thgreatrandini, Today at 11:22 PM
2.68/5  rDev -35.6%

Tank 7 poured a hazy bright color with a nice large white lacing head. The aroma has alo of pepper and flower notes. The taste has strong pepper and flowery notes, strong spice notes. Full flavor and nice feel, nice carbonation. Overall found the tastes a bit offensive and undrinkable not for me.

vette2006c5r, Jun 12, 2013
2.68/5  rDev -35.6%

Very excited to receive this extra from mizzouguy! Bottle dated best by 2.24.12 and poured into wine glass.

A- Deep gold color. Pours an inch foamy white head. Very clingy and sticky looking.

S- Crisp floral aroma with a pungent citrus sting. Nice, but nothing spectacular as far as saisons go. Slightly rubbery on the back end.

T/M- Malt is heavy and the main flavor component. A ton of biscuit and bread. Not what I look for in a saison- just can't get behind the high alcohol saisons... Not much hops at all, little bitterness with a little saison funk. Not even a delicate floral flavor found. Medium heavy on the tongue but high carbonation does lighten up a bit.

O- I am yet to find a high alcohol saison that really works for me. I look to a saison on a hot day for that refreshing, crisp, delicate feel. These aren't doing that for me.

TheGordianKnot, Jul 25, 2011
2.69/5  rDev -35.3%

I love boulevards beers, and I know they have GREAT beers. So I'll try to be as nice as I can about this beer. Ok, where to start.. I bought this beer for 11.99 for a 4 PACK. Yes a 4 pack. So I was thinking what anyone would think... This must be GREAT BEER!!! That assumption was wrong. TBH I flat out didn't like this beer, which almost NEVER happens...First of all its way overpriced, it doesn't go down smooth, it doesn't taste good, it doesn't smell good, and it barely even tastes like beer!.. I think the brewers were already drunk when they made this brew because its nothing like the other boulevard brews which are Great! It reminded me of beer made out of hay or straw that someone spiked with some vodka... literally. The only reason I think it says farmhouse ale is because it tastes like a cow brewed it. As a die-hard boulevard fan I am somewhat upset with this brew, especially at 11.99 a 4 PACK kind of feeling ripped off.. I'm surprised boulevard even releases this, and even more surprised with it's high ratings here?? Maybe this beer just wasn't for me but I couldn't find one quality about the beer I liked except for the label!.. If you like to spike your beers with hay and vodka this beers for you!!!

Warmonster, Feb 08, 2014
Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.