Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Tank 7 Farmhouse AleTank 7 Farmhouse Ale

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  8.50% ABV

Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

(Beer added by: grumpy on 06-19-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale Alström Bros
4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

4.1/5  rDev -1.7%

4.71/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Saw this at the local supermarket and since I have enjoyed Belgian farmhouse style beer in the past I thought this would be fun to try.

Poured from a 750ml bottle into my pilsner glass. The color is a light gold with a fluffy cloud of white foam that retains nicely.

The smell is very agreeable. Hoppy and floral with an overall aroma of freshness.

The taste is only the tiniest bit bitter as well as hoppy. the flavor is dominated by sweetness, especially in the aftertaste. I would imagine as a result of spices being added as is customary of the style.

Overall a great beer that's best enjoyed on its own. I would advise against trying to pair this brew with food. I found the flavor too sweet to be compatible....at least with the cheeses I paired it with.

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

3.93/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Overflowing bottle into pint glass.

A: Massive head that sticks around throughout over a hazy straw-pale body. Great puffy cloud lacing all up and down the glass as well. Very nice looking brew.

S: Nice Belgian notes, cloves, black pepper, and just a hint of banana. Big grapefruity hops on top of this.

T: Big hops kind of join forces with the black pepper notes and alcohol, just a bit over whelming, although I just had curry so I may need to update this next bottle I have. Nice dry finish.

M: Very nice medium to full feel.

O: Good beer, but I am thinking the 13.99 I paid for four may have been twice what it is worth. If the others go better. I will update the review.

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

3.5/5  rDev -16.1%

4.23/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours like you'd expect from a farmhouse. Light color with tons of head. Takes several pours to get into the glass. The smell is very nice. Can really pick up some spice in this one. The taste is the best for a farmhouse I've ever had. Then again I don't drink many of this style. It has that bit of tanginess with a lot of the spice you get from a Belgium tripel. The spice does linger just a bit but overall this is a very good beer. I would grab this again.

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.