Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale - Boulevard Brewing Co.

Tank 7 Farmhouse AleTank 7 Farmhouse Ale

Boulevard Brewing Co. visit their website
Missouri, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  8.50% ABV

Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

(Beer added by: grumpy on 06-19-2009)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev -16.1%

4.14/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

A - I poured relatively slowly into a tulip glass and still piled up a substantial head of good sized bubbles. It retained well but ultimately the head was rather thin. The beer maintained a thin film throughout, mostly due to vigorous carbonation. The color was a cloudy straw. Very pretty.

S - Subdued, but still plenty of indication of what to come. Mostly I detect the traditional Belgian-style smell that I would expect. In addition there were a medley of spices that I have a hard time defining, and some floral hops.

T - Really nice - the Belgian-Style flavor dominates, but is accented by hops with floral qualities and spices. The hop characteristics fade during the course of my enjoyment of this beer, but it actually drinks better to me the deeper I go.

M - I thought this was the weakest component of the beer. The strong carbonation made the beer feel fizzy. This sensation faded in my glass, but even though the fizziness diminished, it still never had feel worth savoring.

O - I thoroughly enjoyed this beer while sitting out on my deck waiting for the grill to heat up. It had a wonderful combination of hops, yeast, and appearance. In many cases I could care less what a beer looks like, but when I'm relaxing out on my porch after a fairly arduous work week and the weather is fantastic, yeah, the hazy, straw-colored glow really added to my enjoyment.

3.5/5  rDev -16.1%

4.33/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

From the bottle poured into a tulip glass. Nice hazy orange color with a contrasting white head.

Strong smells of citrus and hops but a little too hoppy for me. The taste and mouthfeel are great - a nice touch of carbonation to tickle the tongue.

Overall a fairly decent saison. Not as good as some others but fairly solid for what can be found in 4 packs at the store! Probably going to be a new go to beer for me during the summertime so I can save my bigger bottles for friends.

4.5/5  rDev +7.9%

Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.