Pintail Ale - BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub

BridgePort Brewing Co. / Brewpub visit their website
Oregon, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-28-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pintail Ale Alström Bros
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
3.95/5  rDev +12.5%

When poured, it was a golden amber with a medium amout of foam. The smell was of a sweet citrus and fruit. The taste was a sort of a watermelon flavor with the citrus to smooth out the sweetness. The lace on the glass never left even after the last sip. Sweetness and bitterness was well balanced. If you looking for a hoppy flavor, this is not the beer.

2.95/5  rDev -16%

I normaly grab Bridgeport's IPA almost by instinct when I go to the local grocer to purchase beer, but on this night I thought I would try something different, Pintail Ale. Being a product of Bridgeport I knew my decision couldn't have been a bad one, could it? Well, I could have done a lot worse but I think I'm just spoiled with the IPA. The aroma of the Pintail isn't bad and the taste is pretty malty. Being a hophead, I'm screaming for a more hoppy aftertaste. This isn't the worst beer I've ever had, but chances are that I will continue down the beer aisle and stick with the IPA.

3.98/5  rDev +13.4%

Presentation: 12 oz slender brown bottle, “Bridgeport … Oregon’s Oldest Craft Brewery” in raised glass around the neck. Undecipherable freshness code on the back label.

Appearance: Thick off white lace leaves behind sporadic streaks of stickiness, bright tawny colour looks appetizing.

Smell: Fruity with hints of ripe pear and mango, slight citric peel from the hops and an underlying maltiness and musty buttery yeast makes up the aroma.

Taste: Moderately bodied with a crisp smoothness, big juicy fruit character with suggestions of pear and mango. Touch of buttery musty diacetyl. Light and refreshing citric zest flavour give the taste buds a quick snap, hop bitterness plays around the malt with both bitterness and flavour. Yeast flavours of earth and mineral come to mind. Maltiness is a tad thin but does not seem out of balance at all with a light caramel malt flavour. Clean and semi-dry finish makes you want to take another sip.

Notes: A quick and easy ale to put drink, flavourful with small complexities that are not a nuisance to the taste buds. Very well balanced and very drinkable in my eyes.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last