Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale - Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel AleKentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale

good

Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co. visit their website
Kentucky, United States

English Strong Ale |  8.19% ABV

Beer added by: SheepNutz on 07-13-2004

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,384 | Reviews: 581

4.96/5  rDev +34.8%

4.95/5  rDev +34.5%

My favorite but a little expensive. Good strong ale with a hint of bourbon flavor and smell.

4.94/5  rDev +34.2%

All the familiar characteristics of a good bourbon hit me immediately. That oakey and vanilla scent, the copper color. It drinks like the smoothest bourbon you've ever had with that unctuous buttery feel going down. And a hint of residual warmth. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is delicious, smooth, and has an aggressive, tricky 8% ABV.

4.92/5  rDev +33.7%

4.92/5  rDev +33.7%

4.89/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A great tasting beer. Very enjoyable

4.87/5  rDev +32.3%

THis beer blew me away . I got it at Grapes and Grains in Barrington Rhode Island and it was absolutly astounding. I have never had a bourbon Barrel age beer taste so perfect. The vanilla and finish of bourbon flavor is so smooth and elegant but robust at the same time. I have found a new favorite.

4.84/5  rDev +31.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I love beer and I love Bourbon. A drink just doesn't get any better then this.

4.84/5  rDev +31.5%

I'll start this by saying I'd gladly drink this beer every day for the rest of my life. It brings together everything great about bourbon, the smokiness, vanilla hints, and oak tastes, and combines it effortlessly with a malty, sweet ale, not a dark and brooding porter or stout. This yields the most drinkable attempt of adding bourbon to beer that I've ever tasted.

Appearance - Nothing special, but it does hold a great head, looks great in and out of the bottle, and is reminiscent of bourbon.

Smell - Bourbon and beer--perfect.

Taste - Again, perfectly combines two of the most amazing creations on earth.

Mouthfeel - Crisp, sweet, and sumptuous. No harsh notes of alcohol from the aging in bourbon barrels. Just smooth and wonderful.

- Adam from Tipped Mixology

4.83/5  rDev +31.3%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This was only the 3rd beer that I found that I liked the taste of enough to not need to wash down every sip with another non-beer drink. That aside, I actually like this beer and would drink it daily if it was around and I didn't have to go anywhere.

I like stouts and sort of like porters. I don't like a barley taste, and this had none of that.

I tasted something sweet and savory, almost chocolate in nature. It was nicely fizzy and goes exceptionally well with Pringles Sour Cream and Chives, with a side of LOTR or The Hobbit.

I'm very happy my local ABC carries it and will be very disappointed if I ever go there and it's not an option.

If you're not a big beer drinker because you haven't found one you like, I recommend trying this one.

4.8/5  rDev +30.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A smooth, crisp beer with a subtle scent and taste of bourbon. Perfectly carbonated, bursting with flavor, this is a fantastic ale!

4.8/5  rDev +30.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Yummy. Good beer to marinate steak tips in.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale from Alltech's Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.