Molson Canadian Lager - Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

Around the world, Canada is seen as a shining example of nature at its best. We have thousands of freshwater lakes and barley fields as far as the eye can see. That's what makes us so proud to brew Molson Canadian, our signature beer. Brewed without preservatives, from St. Johns to Vancouver, over 3000 Canadians have a hand in bringing Molson Canadian to their family, their friends, and their communities. The people who live here truly deserve a beer brewed with the best this land has to offer. That’s why we make sure our award winning lager is as clean, crisp and fresh as the incredible country it comes from.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Molson Canadian Lager Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,573 | Reviews: 516

Super tasty easy to drink

Not as cheap as genny or pbr... But good drinkable beer. I like my crafts but this might be the best tasting beer you don't have to talk about. So long as it's cold!

Best beer in America in Canada

I was at the store and saw a twelve-pack of Molson Canadian Lager going for $10.99, 16 oz. bottles. Seemed like a good deal, so I went for it.

Appearance: Yep.

Smell: Good solid macrobrew smell, with no distinguishing features. For some reason I expected it to have a skunky smell like Moosehead Lager, but it didn't.

Taste: Straight-up North American lager taste, with no distractions -- no fruit flavors, no honey, no chocolate, no pink umbrellas.

Mouthfeel: Medium body, with just the right amount of carbonation.

Drinkability: Excellent.

Overall: This is a great beer, as good as or better than any of the similarly-priced BMC products (Bud, MGD, or Coors Original). Highly recommended.

Outside of the craft beer world, this is my go to beer. Over 30 years. Maybe it's a hockey thing.

4.82/5  rDev +71.5%

My second favorite beer. I can't believe these reviews, this is one of the greatest beers ever made. If you love beer (especially canadian beer) then you are going to love molson canadian. This is a great beer, I highly recommend it. If I had the money I would buy this beer everytime, its that good. Pours a nice golden colour, with a frothy head. Molson canadian+buffalo pizza=bliss

4.73/5  rDev +68.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Softly drunk, strong enough, amazing taste.

4.62/5  rDev +64.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Very good Canadian beer. Looks good. Smell of wonderful hops and the head isn't bad on this beer. Taste of golden hops that is crisp, clean and refreshing. Mouthful has the same rating see taste. Drinkability is wonderful could drink a good amount of beer with this brand. By far the best Canadian beer out there.

4.61/5  rDev +64.1%

My friend hates American beer and only drinks imports. He recommended this to me and I LOVE IT!!

A:Yellow with a head that takes a while to "foam down"

S: Not a very strong scent that I've noticed to this beer, maybe a little...very little hoppy smell.

T: My favorite of the import beers; and best tasting in my opinion. It tastes hoppy like a beer should but has a "I am not drinking" no bloat feeling like Miller Lite which is awesome in my book

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its a winner but be careful this beer is a creeper and will knock you on your ass.

4.57/5  rDev +62.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Crisp, clean, and refreshing. A good companion for fishing, the beach, or just puttering around in the yard.

4.44/5  rDev +58%

Molson is one of my favorite beers. Canadian beer, this one especially, has an exceptional smell and taste to it. When I am not drinking a heavy, dark beer, this is my favorite beer. Whether you drink it out of a bottle or can, Molson Canadian Lagar will always taste great.

4.4/5  rDev +56.6%

I found this to be an exceptional lager beer. I especially enjoyed its taste and drinkability. It is a far suerior product to those watered down versions put out by Bush, Bud, or Bud Light and - at a significantly lower price per bottle I might add. I will make it a point to always keep some on hand (for myself if no one else).

4.38/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great tasting Canadian beer not too heavy

4.22/5  rDev +50.2%

Reviewing as I'm drinking...

Appearance: No need to pour this bad boy. I know this beer well!

Smell: Smell of light grain and grassy hops.

Taste: Smooth grain, crisp carbonation, and a clean and crisp sweet-grassy finish.

Drinkabilty: Superior to all American Macros. Open 'Em Up...Drink 'Em Down!

I am a lover of local New England Micros like Long Trail and Magic Hat, and love the Sam Adams line. I also love Hoegaarden, Bass, and Duvel, but when it comes time to go back to basics, this is the beer I reach for. Like an old friend, it never lets you down. From the land of Hockey comes this beer that is Cold, Crisp, and Refreshing! Drink one while watching your favorite NHL team..it just feels right,eh?

4.18/5  rDev +48.8%

Better than Budweiser. And every time I partake in drinking this fine Canadian offering,I have a yearning to watch "Slapshot". What's not to like about this beer?

4.1/5  rDev +45.9%

it Poured a pale yellow with a fluffed white head. Settles to a thin head that lasts for most of the beer. some light lace but hardly any.

it smelled of sweet grainy aroma.

The taste was a Nice crisp grainy taste. It's was sweet but not too sweet.

mouthfeel was medium light carbonation , medium body to be expected for this style. quite enjoyable. I think i'll have another.

as far as drinkability i think its One of the best regular lager beers that north america offers from our freinds up in canada. a great beer if you plan on drinking quite a few beers and don't want a whole lot of that annoying fizzy adjuct taste that's found in lot of mass produced beer brands.

4.08/5  rDev +45.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Molson Canadian, in a 5 liter Can: This was purchased in Canada, at a duty free shop just over the border. As noted, it was in a 5 liter can, with a very cool self contained tap unit.

I was very, very impressed with this beer. It had a wonderful, smooth and creamy mouthfeel that is absent from typical Molson bottles, for example. The beer tasted much richer and dare I say fresher than the typical. In addition, the beer had a slight haze to it, and put out a prodigious head with great staying power. The beer itself was well balanced, predominately malts, with bare hints of floral hops. Not a trace of adjunct flavors.

As noted, this was, in my view an exceptionally tasty standard lager, and went very well with the snacks at the memorial day party. If you find one of these 5L cans fresh, pick one up for your next gathering.

4.05/5  rDev +44.1%

Very light and refreshing. Has a distinct sweetness about it. Dry and especially crisp. A bit watery but after a long hot day working outside in the heat in Florida it goes down smooth. Hey i need to put down this crap i'm drinking and go and get a box of this stuff.

It's a good Canadian beer in Canada. The higher abv makes it better.

Molson Canadian beer has a medium, white head and a very clear, golden appearance. Carbonation is moderate. The aroma is of barley malt, and the taste is mild, with barley and some very slight hop bitterness. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Molson Canadian finishes crisp and refreshing. Overall, this is a very enjoyable lager, and I recommend you try it.

RJT

Today...this beer poured very well,had a very clean,blonde appearance and a good effervescence energy. Consequently the odor too was very fresh,and the taste did not disappoint. A sweet malty bready flavor and yet not heavy or skunky after taste. I enjoyed this beer very much, really cooled off a hot afternoon by the pool.I would recommned anytime and anywhere,however.

This is my favorite Canadian Macro lager. Being a French-Canadian, I believe this lager represents Canadian beer fairly well at the Macro level. It's main attraction is it's balance. It's got carbonation, but just the right amount to make it exciting enough to drink all night. It's got flavor, and many dimensions of it...whether its a slightly bitter hop, a nice toasted corn, or a really malty fizzy gulp...it's all in there. The mouthfeel is very "alive", the drinkability is "all night long, every weekend" for many Canadians, and the smell is very attractive, no skunkiness, nothing offensive in this beer whatsoever. And when poured nice and cold, you'd be very hard pressed to beat this beer with another Canadian Macro Lager. Cheers...pour me another one!

I tried this for the first time at an Ottawa '67s game held in the Ottawa Civics Centre.

Appearance: Golden colour with a thin white head that reduced to lacing.

Smell: Mostly grainy, smells a lot like corn, actually.

Taste: Well balanced, with a hint of sweetness and a bit of corn.

Mouthfeel: Nice carbonation.

Drinkability: Amazing to drink, especially price considered. Great thirst quenching beer.

I try to keep a sixer of this on hand for use as my all around beer. I love how basic it is to be honest. And you really can't beat the taste for the price.

Pours clear, light golden color. A thin, course head that dissipates completely in a matter of seconds. No lacing. A sweet aroma and citrusy flavor. Clean finish, almost no aftertaste. A very refreshing brew, even though it lacks character.

3.97/5  rDev +41.3%

Come on, people. I get this is a craft beer site, but that doesn't mean you automatically discount commercial brews. You have to rate them objectively for what they are. If you were on a site that focused on independent music, but also gave you the option to rate all music that's ever been released, would you not give Michael Jackson's "Thriller" 5 stars?

That's why Canadian is getting a 5 star review from me. It's the best of what it is. If you don't even want to consider that, then go listen to Bon Iver and leave me alone.

Molson Canadian Lager from Molson Coors Canada