Molson Golden - Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

A smooth, mellow beer of moderate sweetness, not too bitter and slightly malty.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Molson Golden Alström Bros
2.5/5  rDev -7.1%

2.51/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Initially, I was a fan of Molson brews. They were one of my bridge beers that got me into exploring the ever expanding craft beer industry. (I know it is not a craft beer) However, I have not had this beer since I was young with my Dad and I cannot wait to review it.

Appearance- Totally see through with many carbonation bubbles. It has color that has a light yellow/straw or even "Golden" hue to it. With a fierce poor a two fingered pure white head was present and lasted about two minutes before disappearing into a thin skin of foam on the surface. As I finished it lacing does say on the glass just a bit.

Smell- With the initial whiff, I really only smell corn and rice. With the second smell, I really detect a sweet grain to this beer. Really, I was expecting a bit better smell; clearly there was not any adventure in brewing this mass marketed beer.

Taste- With the first hit of the palate I am getting an overwhelming corn and grain taste. It leaves a skunky aftertaste as well even with the first gulp. With the second taste, I gather even more corn; you can really make out the natural sweetness of corn in this brew.

Mouthfeel- Molson Golden mouthfeel is definitely better than other mass marketed beers. Without a doubt it is not "as" watery as others. For being so light in color, the body of this beer is heavier than I presumed but still very very light.

Overall- Disappointed. I was not expecting a whole lot however the earthiness of the beer dominated its entire presence. This is the definition of a chugging beer, because you do NOT want to just sip on it. I would recommend this as a lawn mower beer or when you invite your buddies over for the big game. This is not a one of a kind brew. CHEERS!

3.5/5  rDev +30.1%

2.5/5  rDev -7.1%

1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

3.75/5  rDev +39.4%

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

3.3/5  rDev +22.7%

There's just something about this beer. It's definitely nothing special, in fact, it's fairly ordinary. I just happen to love it! I rarely buy cheaper brews, but when I do, it's often this.

Has a light, yet good flavor. Nice and crisp, and has a unique sweetness to it reminiscent of carmel.

2.14/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

12 oz bottle. dated May 13 13. I have to imagine that may be a best before rather than a bottled-on...

A: very pale "golden" hue. crystal clear. not a lot of carb coming up. bright white head is tightly bubbled. retention is more of a rim. spotted lacing.

S: virtually no hop aroma. a sweetened, corn-ish aroma that may have a touch of DMS to it.

T: starts with enough carb to take any potential flavor out of my mind. a bit grainy? finish is tad bland. dry, simple cereal.

M: big and distracting. light bodied for sure.

D: I wish I had more to say about this brew, but between the unappealing aroma and lack of flavor it is tough to use more words in this review. if the purpose of drinking a beer is to drink some fizzy liquid that has alcohol in it, this could suffice. for everyone using this website, pass.

Molson Golden from Molson Coors Canada