Molson Golden - Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-20-2001

A smooth, mellow beer of moderate sweetness, not too bitter and slightly malty.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 579 | Reviews: 214

2.99/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear light golden color. Bubbles rising from the bottom, white head that leaves a film. Light lacing.

Aroma: Faint adjuncts, slight sweetness.

Taste: A harsh metallic note. Some malts, adjuncts? Slightly skunky finish.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated.

Overall: I have no idea what I just drank. It could have been any number of mass produced American pale lagers.

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%

2.51/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Initially, I was a fan of Molson brews. They were one of my bridge beers that got me into exploring the ever expanding craft beer industry. (I know it is not a craft beer) However, I have not had this beer since I was young with my Dad and I cannot wait to review it.

Appearance- Totally see through with many carbonation bubbles. It has color that has a light yellow/straw or even "Golden" hue to it. With a fierce poor a two fingered pure white head was present and lasted about two minutes before disappearing into a thin skin of foam on the surface. As I finished it lacing does say on the glass just a bit.

Smell- With the initial whiff, I really only smell corn and rice. With the second smell, I really detect a sweet grain to this beer. Really, I was expecting a bit better smell; clearly there was not any adventure in brewing this mass marketed beer.

Taste- With the first hit of the palate I am getting an overwhelming corn and grain taste. It leaves a skunky aftertaste as well even with the first gulp. With the second taste, I gather even more corn; you can really make out the natural sweetness of corn in this brew.

Mouthfeel- Molson Golden mouthfeel is definitely better than other mass marketed beers. Without a doubt it is not "as" watery as others. For being so light in color, the body of this beer is heavier than I presumed but still very very light.

Overall- Disappointed. I was not expecting a whole lot however the earthiness of the beer dominated its entire presence. This is the definition of a chugging beer, because you do NOT want to just sip on it. I would recommend this as a lawn mower beer or when you invite your buddies over for the big game. This is not a one of a kind brew. CHEERS!

3.5/5  rDev +30.1%

1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

3.75/5  rDev +39.4%

2.25/5  rDev -16.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Molson Golden from Molson Coors Canada