Molson Export - Molson Coors Canada

Molson ExportMolson Export

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Blonde Ale |  5.00% ABV

With over 100 years of brewing tradition behind it, Molson Export continues to grow in lore. Its history, however, could never be as rich without the original, high-quality ingredients that have come to distinguish it from other brands.

We brew Molson Export with two-row barley, an exclusive strain of ale yeast that goes back to the origins of Molson Breweries, hand-selected Golding and Oregon hops and water.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-11-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Molson Export Alström Bros
rbuisson

Manitoba (Canada)

11-25-2011 20:25:37 | More by rbuisson
Singlespeedmtb

12-16-2012 02:29:20 | More by Singlespeedmtb
BuffaloBilly

4.78/5  rDev +60.9%

This is my #1 favorite beer, second being molson canadian, third being labbatt's blue. I love this beer, it is the greatest beer I've ever had. I love this beer cold with a hot pizza on a sunny new york summer day. Has a great frothy head, and pours a nice golden color. BEST BEER EVER! Highly recommended.

08-08-2005 01:55:42 | More by BuffaloBilly

4.25/5  rDev +43.1%

07-11-2014 22:41:47 | More by Jb1976
Noelito76

4.08/5  rDev +37.4%

I had Molson Ex on tap in Montreal and Quebec City pubs. The head disipates on this beer pretty quickly. If I'm feeling like a light Ale that is "drinkable" this is the beer for me. Mouthfeel is refreshing and the taste is much better than your average macro as the quick but potent hoppy aftertaste you get with this beer is what I like about it. It's what Molson's chief macro beer, Canadian, should taste like.

05-06-2005 17:48:58 | More by Noelito76
Kwak

4.03/5  rDev +35.7%

Export
Head: Average milky white no taste.
Body: Smooth , good brownish tint to the golden color.
Taste: Small hoppy taste light malt flavor.
No nasty skunk aftertaste.

The best thing to come out of Canada since ice hockey!

11-24-2002 21:39:20 | More by Kwak

touchmeimsac

11-23-2011 14:47:23 | More by touchmeimsac
generallee

3.98/5  rDev +34%

Presentation: It was poured from a brown 11.5oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: It has a pale golden color body with visible carbonation and very good clarity. On top there is a bright white foamy head that makes some nice lacing patterns on the glass. It also has good retention as it slowly fades to thinner covering that hangs on until the last sip.

Smell: The aroma is light overall. It has a sweet grainy character with a touch of corn husk and a hint of alcohol.

Taste/Mouth feel: It has a crisp light cereal grain flavor with very clean or neutral hops that just enough bitterness for balance. Its palate is light to medium bodied with a lively texture and carbonation. The finish is crisp, clean and refreshing.

Notes: This is one of my favorite beers from the big breweries. It's always good on a hot summer day and also makes for a good hockey watching beer.

10-10-2008 13:28:51 | More by generallee
sid

Ontario (Canada)

3.98/5  rDev +34%

Molson Export has been my staple since I was in grade 11 (now out of university) This is a man's beer pure and simple. This is the best fall-back beer at a bar when they don't serve what you like.

Out of all the molson products, Export has the most flavour and tastes the best. Starts of smooth with a smell of raw hops ending with a sharp bitter hop finish, a classic finish thats been around for a long time. The hop finish is truly the best part of this beer. Canadian, Blue, Corona, Miller... has nothing on Export in terms of flavour.

I remember the day back in early high school when I used to wear my Molson Ex hat, my Chem teacher came up to me and said...you know what they call Export?..I looked at him with confusion and he says " the armmedillo beer"...I figured it out later...when you turn the ship sideways, you see an armedillo. Anyways, this beer has prestige and hertiage over the past 100 years, the same taste and the same classic export finish.

06-19-2005 20:44:37 | More by sid
aerozeppl

3.95/5  rDev +33%

The old standby. Without Molson Export there is no way I would have been able to get my masters done. When I lived in Albany, NY I first discovered this beer while broke and thirsty. While not the best beer in the world by any strech it is however IMO the best beer for one on a budget. Nice golden color but not much head and it quickly disipates. Nice flavor with some actual taste. No mistaking this for water. What really sells this beer for me is drinkability and price.

10-03-2006 19:46:15 | More by aerozeppl
riversider76

3.8/5  rDev +27.9%

A friend brought this over fresh from the duty free shop. It had a nice color and a good old fashioned beer flavor. It was refreshing,but not too light. I'm sure the freshness was a factor. I liked this beer better than regular Molson Canadian. I would recommend trying this beer.

06-17-2005 16:22:09 | More by riversider76
bullwinkle88

Isle of Man

3.78/5  rDev +27.3%

Molson Ex, one of my favorite beers and probably the one I've consumed the most of in my life, largely attributed to my days at the factory way back when (Miss those stubby bottles).

This is definitely Molson's finest product in my opinion, which is saying something because I enjoy most of their products save for the rare misadventure (Molson M).

Nice crisp taste with a hoppy spicy kick. One of my favorite styles of beer and Ex is a premier option. Mouthfeel is prickly and effervescent. My one complaint is the beer's flavor seems to diminish surprisingly quickly, so try to find one with the closest brewed date.

12-28-2011 04:57:41 | More by bullwinkle88
kevofficiel

Quebec (Canada)

3.75/5  rDev +26.3%

This beer is good. Its really different from other beer. I was not disappointed at all. I have no problem to buy a 24 cases. Really good from Molson its one of their best beer.

08-18-2014 23:17:01 | More by kevofficiel
tittymcj

Connecticut

3.68/5  rDev +23.9%

Poured out very pale yellow and transparent, with a bubbly white head that fades quickly. Little lacing.

Smells like light malt and corn, with some caramel and maple tones.

Taste is quite mapley with some sweet caramel backing. Much better than BMC averages.

Mouthfeel is very light and bubbly. Very easy to swish around.

Extremely drinkable. One of the best "bad" beers I've had.

03-14-2009 16:51:51 | More by tittymcj
NeroFiddled

3.63/5  rDev +22.2%

Basic golden beer with an average strength and a few more hops.

The head retention is slightly better than average, and it leaves some nice lace about the glass.

There's a touch of lager yeast sulphur and a very mild fruitiness over its delicate malt. Some non-descript hops are in the mix, but don't stand out on their own.

It tastes, dare I say it, a lot like Budweiser, but with more hops. And the sweetness of the malt is there because there's more malt, not because of fewer hops.

It's medium bodied and gently crisp in the mouth, and it's a little bit more drinkable in comparison with most American macro lagers, as the hops lend it a touch more character. On the other hand, this is a Canadian beer, and there are a lot more Canadian lagers with more hops than this.

05-31-2006 00:11:35 | More by NeroFiddled
GreatPondBrewer

3.6/5  rDev +21.2%

I can get a 12 pack for under 8 bucks so who complains? And the cap is one of the coolest I have ever seen. Export pours a light straw color with a puffy cumulous head that receded into basically nothing. It smelled pretty bland and swilly, but its taste is somewhat alluring for some reason. Its pretty watery and malty but there is some hop kick at the end. I cannot really explain why I like this beer. Perhaps its because it was what was around the house when I was growing up. Who knows? Anyway if you want to drink reasonably good beer but only have the money for mass produced this is where its at.

05-13-2003 15:06:02 | More by GreatPondBrewer
jaslesp

3.55/5  rDev +19.5%

This a good pretty good beer for a macro, but it was first made when it was a micro-brewery. It has a great ale color and smells fruity. The taste ia awesome for a macro so i think it is above average. The mouthfeel is like most of the ales. In average it is definetly the best ale you can find everywhere in Canada!

08-22-2012 17:41:08 | More by jaslesp
slitherySOB

Ontario (Canada)

3.55/5  rDev +19.5%

An okay product from Molson. Straw gold colour with a head that dissipates fast, but leaves a nice rim. Lace runs down the glass til finished. Slight spicy taste, mediocre use of hops, some malt. Pretty good beer, but not the best Molson beer. Slightly better on tap, but most beers are.

02-27-2003 07:11:41 | More by slitherySOB