Laurentide - Molson Coors Canada

LaurentideLaurentide

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Blonde Ale |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Barraclou on 05-28-2005)
3.5/5  rDev +31.6%

2.5/5  rDev -6%

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

4.45/5  rDev +67.3%

Oh man this is sad that they don't make this anymore. I only had this one time but I had a lot of it this one time that my friends and I camped in Quebec. Yea I know this is not a respectable type of beer according to the shared opinions of beeradvocate types, but this beer is really good to drink. It tastes a bit like milk, which I gather is the result of "adjuncts" but fucking whatever. If you like drinking liquid that tastes good, this was a good product. Especially if you like it when that liquid gives you a buzz.

I gave the appearance 3.5, because I never poured it out of the bottle, except for into my mouth.

2.8/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I've been told this beer was very popular in Québec in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's. It seems to now be relegated to "Québécois PBR" status. I found it on a ride back from Sherbrooke at the duty free near Stanstead and Derby Line,VT. It seems somewhere inbetween Molson EX and Labatt 50, with, dare I say it?..less flavor. It's got a watery texture, light faint tannin hoppy flavor, and goes down easy. Maybe a little corn syrup like adjunct in there somewhere, but really can't tell. I think this may have been a Francophone pride answer to 50 back in the day, because of the cool retro looking Rooster logo.

3.9/5  rDev +46.6%

I was pleasantly surprised when I took a trip to Montreal and found this. It was the cheapest beer per bottle they had at the Super C, so I got the 28 pack of bottles.

Appearance: Nothing to special, a regular Blonde Ale.
Smell: A nice slight hoppy smell, though not overwhelming.
Taste: I was very surprised how good it tasted, it had that American Blonde Ale taste of Bud Light, etc. but with more flavor and presence.
Mouthfeel: I enjoyed it, it wasn't a chugging beer to me, but it wasn't quite one that you savor in your mouth for a long time
Drinkability: This beer definitely can be drunk for a good while, goes down very smooth, little after-taste.

Overall, a very good beer for being Quebec's Cheap beer.

Presentation: Here's another Quebec classic one. Laurentide could be considered as a French Canadian Bud. It used to be a best-seller, but since a few years, it is only sold in 28 (24+4)economy pack.

Appearance: It is just another yellow fizzy beer.

Smell: The adjunct aroma is very present and some hops is found in the back.

Taste: It tastes old-style macro.

Mouthfeel: It is average. Not bad, not good. Just a typical mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Overall, it is just an ordinary beer for ordinary people.It is ok, if you like Bud, Miller and that kind of stuff.

Laurentide from Molson Coors Canada