Molson Brador - Molson Coors Canada

poor

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Malt Liquor |  6.00% ABV

This malt liquor is a robust, full bodied beer with a distinctive aroma and a sweet, smooth taste.

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 04-15-2002)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

beerhunter13, Feb 20, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -47.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz bottle at fridge temp poured into a pint glass. i recieved this from a nieghbor and he didnt know how old they were. he got them from his canadian relatives. aparently you can only buy this stuff in canada.

pours a clear golden color, darker than most macros, but still a nasty looking color. a half inch of super fizzy white head that faded instantly. looks even more off putting than your average macro.

smells of apples and grapes, really wierd.

taste is pretty repulsive. has this funky old grape taste, and corn adjunct malts. thicker than your usual macro on the palate.

this was definatly a drain pour altough i recieved 2 of these and drank the other one out of the bottle with my nieghbor just to be nice. but now pouring into a glass, after a few sips i find it undrinkable.

i did have this a long time ago and do remeber it being kind of nasty, but not this bad. im defrinatly thinking these are old bottles. if i can ever get some more for some reason id try to do a re review, but im definatly not going out of my way to get it.

dogfishandi, Jul 07, 2010

When my friends suggest this I thought they were pulling my leg, but I guess there are hommies in Canada too. This gutter beer has nothing on it's American Counterparts. Drick it extremely cold and fast, unless you wnat to hurl.

bewareOFpenguin, Oct 18, 2002
3.33/5  rDev +16.8%

First off, this beer is a malt beverage, says it right on the label. I bring this up because malt beverages are their own category. In my opinion, this style is the absolute worst style in the beer universe.

App. Slightly deep than your average pilsner. Actually had nice huge retention.

S&T surprisingly nice, bananas and yeasty maltness. Not bad considering the time of night I discovered it. Bud Light on the other side. Maybe that's why my #c reviews are higher.

Not a bad beer in a pinch.... and being a malt.

FLAbeergutinMASS, Oct 10, 2005

MaizenBrew, Jan 29, 2014
2.55/5  rDev -10.5%

Thanks to my supervisor for hooking me up with this one. Poured into a pilsner glass. Pours a clear golden color with white heading decent lacing throughout.

Nose is mostly corn sugar with a touch of citrus hops.

Taste is not as bad as you'd believe being a malt liquor actually enjoyable.

Mouthful is very thin with decent carbonation no overkill at all.

Drinkability is not nearly as bad as the other malt liquor's of the world I probably could have had another but didn't have anymore. All and all not really a must try but exactly horrible either.

TheFightfan1, Mar 07, 2009

FriedSlug, Sep 19, 2012
2.4/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Golden with a slight head. No smell except a little yeast. Great tasting if it remains icey cold, if not tis a wee bit skunky. No apparent hops or any malt. This used to be one of my favorite beers but now I'm a bit educated to tasting I realize this belongs in a "fotee" next to Schlitz, Cobra or even an MGD. If you are going to drink it, drink it fast. That alone says something about this.

Ahhdball, Jul 21, 2003

cdwil, Dec 30, 2011
2.75/5  rDev -3.5%

chefduff2, Jan 05, 2013
3.13/5  rDev +9.8%

A: Medium golden color that's crystal clear, medium sized head of frothy white bubbly foam. Decent head retention. Medium level of carbonation, no lacing.

S: Rich aroma of malty goodness mixed with buttery toasted bread and mild grains. Minimal hop presence. Slightly boozy. Not bad.

T: Medium bodied filler malts and grain, with a mild buttery character. Minor hints of hops, with a touch of alcohol. Fair.

M: More density here than most macro brews. Mild carbonation. Slightly slick and sharp. Easy drinking.

D: Not bad. I could do this on a summer day when i'm looking for something with a touch more kick. Worth a try.

Notes: Special thanks goes out to biegaman for the 12 oz. bottle.

Frozensoul327, Mar 07, 2007
1.5/5  rDev -47.4%

nyyfanatic213, Jul 09, 2013

MattBreight, Jul 06, 2012
2.1/5  rDev -26.3%

Ordered in error, not knowing it was a Molson product... The server then proceeded to tell me that the "young kids" like to drink it because of the higher ABV.

A - Pours a pale golden colour, thin layer of head with no retention or lacing.

S - Scent is mild, metallic and loaded with sweet corn and grassy notes.

T - Same as the nose with the sweet corn and grassy notes. Mild and short lived.

M - Medium, smoot and wet.

O - Tastes like any other macro with a bit more sweetness attributable to the higher ABV. Definitely not recommended, and a mistake I surely won't make again.

andrenaline, Dec 01, 2012

3.5/5  rDev +22.8%

gwiedman1, Jan 20, 2013

bsopko, Feb 16, 2013
2.73/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I used to drink this stuff as an import from Quebec in the 70s when it had body and was 8% AVB.. Recently bought a couple of singles from the beer store....quite a letdown from the way I remember it. Poured like the typical Molson fizz...pale golden, carbonated, weak heading. More malt sweetness to the nose than most Molson slop, medium mouth feel with sweet malt acceted by a nice hop twang...fast finish but a nice bready after taste...alcohol is detectable. Not bad...not good....certainly not the way it was.

pootz, Jul 20, 2004
3.83/5  rDev +34.4%

Eye: This is a really good looking beer, especially given that it is a macro, and generally macros don't need to look good because 90% of the time they are drunk right out of bottle or can. Body is a straw gold and clear. Lively carbonation supports a nice looking head-white with good lacing and excellent retention. Really this is a good looking beer, it looks better than many of the craft/micro brews I've tried.

Nose: This beer actually has the best nose I've ever smelt from a macro. I'm getting a nice sweet malt aroma with a tad of spiciness. I can also detect a bit of adjunct in there, maybe some rice. All in all though, this is prolly the best smelling one I've had to date....I'm not turned off by this beer's aroma when it is poured into a glass, it doesn't smell foul like many other macros.

Tongue: This beer is very much different than what I expected it to be. It is packed with malt flavor, sweet malts, and a bit of fruitiness (apple) are what I get from this beer. Hops are here in just enough amounts to balance the beer-a bit spicy, well at least thats the best way to describe them. Reminds me of a Pils/Euro Pale Lager/Munich Helles. Very good, worth a try. The overall taste/flavor is a bit fleeting, but what is there, for the time it lasts is pretty good.

Edit: after a bit, I'm almost to the bottom of the glass, that apple character seems to get annoying. I think that it may be a flaw in this beer, I haven't drank too many lagers with that sort of flavor. Still a quality beer though... tough to make a call on this one...lots of good things, few bad things.

Mouthfeel and Drinkability: When this beer first hit my lips I was very surprised-this beer is full bodied!(well more full bodied than I expected at least-in terms of overall "beer styles" I'd say it has more of a medium-light body, but for the style it is much fuller than expected.) It finishes with a slightly drying finish. Carbonation is just right, medium levels give this beer a nice crisp, clean, and biting refreshment that one doesn't normally find in a macro. This is a beer that I'd definitely drink again, it is the best offering, in the category of a pale lager, that I've ever had from BMC(to date). If you have a chance to try this beer I highly recommend it, it will surprise you I think, it definitely surprised me.

becktone, Apr 08, 2008
3.53/5  rDev +23.9%

Pours a light golden with a thin white head. Good retention and pleanty of lacing. Aroma is of grain,and some hints of fruity grassy hops. Body is light andf very carbonated. Taste is of malty grains up front with a bit of hop in the finish. Refreshing. Not bad for what it is.

riversider76, Oct 01, 2008
3.28/5  rDev +15.1%

Crystal clear, pale amber with a fine, off-white cap. Good head retention with spotty/streaky lacing. Grainy cereal aroma, fruity esters and hops. Low bitterness, a bit of caramel and grainy malt, fairly fruity. Light bodied with medium/high carbonation, a bit drying. Not bad and fairly good for a macro beer. One of the better Molson products I've had.

DrJay, Jan 26, 2008