Molson M - Molson Coors Canada

poor

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  4.90% ABV

Molson M, the world’s only Microcarbonated lager is proudly brewed with precision and consistency. An authentic, 4.9% lager with an exceptionally easy drinking taste, because details make the difference.

Years of innovation have enabled us to create this Microcarbonated lager based on Molson Coors’ proprietary process. This process allows us to brew Molson M to the ideal level of carbonation to deliver all the goodness of the hops and the subtle flavours created by the yeast during fermentation, delivering a lager with an exceptionally drinkable taste.

(Beer added by: ZorPrime on 11-21-2009)
4.28/5  rDev +76.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Molson Canada is the first to introduce Microcarbonation. Basically smaller bubbles, and lots of them. Makes for an extremely easy drinking and smooth tasting beer.

This beer pours a light gold colour. Lots of small bubbles.

Smell is very faint. Like a dull Molson Canadian.

Taste is what a Canadian Lager should be. Strong, but not offensive.

Due to the microcarbonation it feels great on the tongue. Just the right amount. Goes down smooth.

Overall I was very impressed with this beer. I will be purchasing again in the near future. Good job Molson.

Also, if you consume alot do not fret. No Molson Mudslides the following day with this product.

MB

Subliminal64, Oct 14, 2013

TheHammer, Feb 10, 2013

Skizem, Dec 23, 2011

RyanPollock, Feb 19, 2014
3.44/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Molson M has taken a lot of flak amonst beer snobs, but I happen to actually enjoy it, especially at the $2 tall boy price point. Its like going to see an Adam Sandler movie and expecting an Oscar nominee. For a toonie I'm not expecting to be blown away, but this I find is far superior to the other macrobrews you find. I think Molson Coors was expecting it to be a bigger hit than it has been, I've been to a few restaurants that have it listed on the menu but no longer carry it. Also the supplier to the local LCBO has been trying to get this beer replaced there with something else.

It pours a light golden colour, two fingers of white head that dissipate quickly. The microcarbonation process injects many small bubbles, makes it interesting to look at.

The taste in inoffensive, not boozy or harsh at all. Makes for a good thirst quencher after mowing the lawn, also would be very easy to drink a few of these in a row.

Derek69, Jun 06, 2014
3.25/5  rDev +34.3%

Alberta_Beer_Guy, Jul 16, 2012
3.15/5  rDev +30.2%

It's an average (pale-golden) lager in appearance.
There is a slight head, but the glass I had it in, dissipated quickly.

Aroma is slight fruit and spice. There are some tones of malt and hops on the nose. I will say, it's one of the better smelling Molson brews I have had.
Some sweet corn adjuncts linger around with a bit of cereal grain.

Not offensive whatsoever.

Mini carbonation ( hence the micro carbonation used in production ) "M" Sort of like a popping on the tongue.
I found it faded fast.

Soft, easy drinking and smooth.
I would purchase this again, however, I think they should lower the cash you have to shell out from a premium price point.

Decent on its own, or with nacho's and burgers, wings or med-spiced dishes.

TheBeerGuy101, Mar 20, 2012
3.08/5  rDev +27.3%

On tap at a Boston Pizza.

A- Ordinay golden macro lager with a very small head.

S- Touch of grain, very plain.

T- Mild lager. Some graininess. While not anything special, it rises above many macro lagers by having no noticeably bad flavours. Very clean tasting. Very little hops.

M- Not too thin for the style. Quite acceptable really. Carbonation fairly low.

D- A very easy to drink beer and not too watery.

JOaikido, Nov 28, 2009
3.05/5  rDev +26%

The beer is not horrible. Very average, considering it's hype especially. It tastes unoffensive and grainy like a watered-down Canadian as many have suggested. It does have a slightly different mouthfeel which I appreciate, but it seems to lack the pizzazz that even Molson Canadian has (and it doesn't really have pizzazz) I'd say worth a try for the effect, but don't expect a life-changing brew.

RyanBelle, Apr 06, 2011
3.05/5  rDev +26%

Decent head at first pour but settles very quickly.

Smell: Very light & mild hop aroma. Other than that there is not much to it.

Taste: Very Light bodied but clean and smooth. Slight and I mean a slight hop taste. Not much taste or flavor. Very similar to Molson Canadian but less carbonation it seems.An okay beer but nothing to write home about. Prefer Molson Canadian a bit more.

rwrk42, Dec 16, 2011

MJ63, Oct 26, 2013

Pale straw in colour. Its white head is surprisingly big and very tight. I'm not surprised by it's poor retention and lack of lacing, however. Faint scents of grain and bread, and an even fainter banana note. What little flavour it has is beer-like in the most generic sense, with that same subdued banana as the aroma. It is clean though. Very clean. Feels thin and watery even for the style. A lot of the texture in most standard american lagers comes from the spritzy, prickly carbonation. Without it, there is almost nothing in terms of mouthfeel. If they wanted to make an even smoother lightly flavoured and light bodied mass produced lager, then they seem to have succeeded. It really does go down like a glass of ice-cold water.

mintjellie, Jun 22, 2011

papawu76, Dec 02, 2011

Koopdad, Jun 01, 2014

rbuisson, Nov 25, 2011

Pmicdee, Feb 01, 2014

I've laughed a little bit at people giving this beer serious reviews and knocking it quite a bit. I tried this beer in no way expecting it to be anything even remotely close to a quality microbrew. I only had hopes that it "may" be something from a bulk north American producer that I could tolerate, and that I could count on being available. Well, I do find it quite a bit nicer than regular Canadian, easy drinking, clean taste, good bulk general purpose beer. I still don't consider it something in the leagues of being worth taste testing or comparing to real beer, but as a refreshing beverage that can commonly be found or that I can toss to a buddy on a hot day....it's quite nice. My ratings above are meant to be nothing...neither for or against in context of rating against real beers. But compared to the big brews out there it's my current favourite. If I'm looking to enjoy a quality beer matched to food or such, this and all other major brewery products are not where I look.

Teoma, May 06, 2012

Kremlock, Sep 24, 2012

A: Pours a clear yellow with a finger worth of white fizzy head. Within a minute the head goes down to a ring around the glass left no lacing.

S: Sweet and sour grainy aroma.

T: Sweet grains are basically all there is.

M: Light fizzy carbonation with a light body.

O: Like I said before this is basically a lighter, less carbonated version of Molson Canadian. But upon looking up this beer I found out it is only 75 calories. So if you're someone looking for a better alternative to one of those low calorie beers this is perfect and a lot better then something like Molson Canadian 67.

marty21, Mar 28, 2011

bigox420, Nov 28, 2011
2.98/5  rDev +23.1%

After seeing hundreds of billboards, trucks decal'd up, print ads and other marketing hype, I decided to splash out and buy a can of this -- worlds first "micro-carbonated" beer.

Served fridge cold, into a warm clean pint glass

A: For those wondering - micro-carbonation appears to be a process that makes the bubbles smaller, they actually appear to be undetectable to the human eye since the beer actually looks flat; take a sip however and there is indeed carbonation there.

The head dissipates quickly of course and leaves no lacing. the beer itself is fairly amber for a macro adjunct lager.

S: Its shite. smells a like a more malt forward "Canadian". At least it taste like something though. cheap 6 six-row barley and god knows what adjuncts. faint alcohol presence as the glass empties and the beer warms.

T: Lots of cooked corn and sort of a celery puree.

M: Sort of interesting here. I actually like the mouth feel. bubbles are undetectable on the tongue but the beer is certainly not dead feeling. Seems to make you far less gassy than the average over-carbonated macro shit...Unless it just comes out the other end?? I'll update later :S

Overall: One you should try for fun, and then move on to other stuff. Interesting science experiment. the Heston Blumenthal of beers.

uno99, Apr 16, 2011
2.93/5  rDev +21.1%

Can from the Beer Store. 473ml into a pint glass - microcarbonation huh? Let's give this a whirl.

Pours a pale yellow, with a finger of white head that falls to the thinnest layer with some tight bubbles. This is super clear, but I detect some small bubbles rising in the body - microbubbles? Nose has some faint corn, mild DMS and a general sweetness but is very light. Nothing outstandingly offensive, and expected given the style. Taste has some general sweetness again, light corn, a touch of bitterness. Carbonation prickles the tongue a bit - is this the microcarbonation? Thin and watery feel. Not offensively bad, but relatively undifferentiated from any other macro adjunct lager out there, barring some interesting advertising.

liamt07, May 24, 2011
2.89/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

This one was a freebie, and thank god for that because otherwise I doubt I'd ever have the pleasure of drinking this. I'm not sure what microcarbonation is, nor do I care.

Pours a brilliant golden colour with a half-finger head that dies down very quickly to almost nothing; not even a cap remains. The smell is mostly the same as Canadian or your average macro lager; corn and rice. If I use my imagination I can pick up some orange zest and grass.

Taste is smooth, but wholly uninteresting. Sweet grains and corniness - alright for the style, no serious off-flavors. I can't detect any hops. This reminds me of Canadian, surprise surprise. Carbonation is not quite as intense as in most macro lagers. I still have a feeling 'microcarbonated' just means less carbonated - but what can I say, I am skeptical by nature. Light-bodied and very easy to drink.

As someone said earlier, this beer only has 75 calories per bottle, which is only slightly more than their awful Canadian 67 line. If you are watching your weight, are a diehard Molson loyalist but don't want to drink 67, then this could be an option. I do not fall into that narrow category though, so I doubt I will get it again. Pretty much interchangeable with Canadian in terms of flavour and drinkability - and since this costs more, you might as well just stick with the regular instead of premium.

[Updated Oct. 31 2013]

I did the unthinkable and actually spent money on a can of this, but I am not feeling inclined to change the score much. This tastes okay - since it's basically just Canadian, which I have a soft spot for - but the whole 'microcarbonation' gimmick pretty much just amounts to flatness. It is extremely easy to drink quickly, but there are cheaper/tastier lagers that work equally well. No thanks.

Final Grade: 2.89, a C.

thehyperduck, May 26, 2011
2.86/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

Re- reviewing this beer after probably about a year since I last tried it. 473 ml can purchased from The Beer Store for $2 (with returns money). Served cold into a glass.

Appearance - Clear golden color, that isn't pale, but it's not really a rich golden color either. A few tiny bubbles make their ascent to the surface. About a finger of frothy looking white head was poured (good) but it didn't last long (bad). Minimal soapy residue on top lingers for the duration.

Smell - There is a lot of sweet corn aroma but nothing vegetative that would be offputting, nor anything metallic.

Taste - Sweet at first then moves to dried cereal grains in flavor. Absolutely no bitterness. Strange combination actually kind of works for me personally, but it's hard to say why

Mouthfeel - A little on the flat side and thin bodied. Lacks the crispness that you would can find even with Canadian.

Overall - It's like Canadian with less crispness and flatter otherwise the two beers are pretty similar. i was happy to revisit this since it's been awhile, but this is a reminder that there's a reason why if I'm going for adjunct lagers, Molson Canadian is the way to go.

DenisKolkin, Jul 04, 2014
2.8/5  rDev +15.7%

I hate that my curiosity over this gimmick made me surrender $2.25 to The Beer Store. But I felt I owed it to myself to see if smaller carbonation meant bigger taste. I hate to give away the plot this early, but guess what my friends? It does not.

There's definitely a slick, upscale air about the packaging. And it's even signed by John Molson. Who died 175 years ago. It's cool that he didn't let a little thing like death stand in the way of his endorsing this product.

Anyway, pours a very clear golden color yielding carbonation that looks normal size. Maybe there is subcarbonation that is too small for the naked eye? Yeah. That's probably it.

The aroma is mild sweet grains.

Microhopped more like it. It tastes weak and watery, with a light sweet biscuity, grainy malt cut by just the merest suggestion of hop bitterness. Clean taste. Tastes like a watered down Canadian with a splash of apple juice.

This is actually a pleasant enough beer. It's lacking any real bitterness or depth of flavour or character, but it's incredibly inoffensive and drinkable for what it is.

MeisterBurger, Mar 30, 2011