Molson M - Molson Coors Canada

poor

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  4.90% ABV

Molson M, the world’s only Microcarbonated lager is proudly brewed with precision and consistency. An authentic, 4.9% lager with an exceptionally easy drinking taste, because details make the difference.

Years of innovation have enabled us to create this Microcarbonated lager based on Molson Coors’ proprietary process. This process allows us to brew Molson M to the ideal level of carbonation to deliver all the goodness of the hops and the subtle flavours created by the yeast during fermentation, delivering a lager with an exceptionally drinkable taste.

(Beer added by: ZorPrime on 11-21-2009)

2.2/5  rDev -9.5%

Molson M is one of those weird beers that people either really love or really hate. I'm the latter. The taste is not the problem here, it tastes like plain old Canadian, but this beer is flat is anything I've ever had - the "microcarbonation" gimmick is a joke.

Basically if you take Canadian, let it sit for a day, then drink it, you will have this. Ugh.

3.5/5  rDev +44%

2.25/5  rDev -7.4%

3.25/5  rDev +33.7%

2.75/5  rDev +13.2%

I've laughed a little bit at people giving this beer serious reviews and knocking it quite a bit. I tried this beer in no way expecting it to be anything even remotely close to a quality microbrew. I only had hopes that it "may" be something from a bulk north American producer that I could tolerate, and that I could count on being available. Well, I do find it quite a bit nicer than regular Canadian, easy drinking, clean taste, good bulk general purpose beer. I still don't consider it something in the leagues of being worth taste testing or comparing to real beer, but as a refreshing beverage that can commonly be found or that I can toss to a buddy on a hot day....it's quite nice. My ratings above are meant to be nothing...neither for or against in context of rating against real beers. But compared to the big brews out there it's my current favourite. If I'm looking to enjoy a quality beer matched to food or such, this and all other major brewery products are not where I look.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

The commercials and advertising claims make Molson M out to be something quite unique - its appearance, however, suggests it's anything but special. Its pale straw colour and watery, clear complexion is predictable and ubiquitous. And for all this hype about carbonation, the beer has no head and the bubbles are spent within minutes!

The nose is saccharine sweet (like cotton candy) and smells of canned creamed corn. The only instance this bouquet is acceptable might be, perhaps, in the cheap jugs of sparkling white wine high-school students buy on prom night. A touch of roasty caramel malt is surprisingly noted but, sure enough, is found on the ingredients list.

Assuming, for a moment, that Molson M is "more gently" carbonated, this non-sense about "preserving all the goodness of the hops", well, that's pure hooey. For one, the beer is brewed without a trace of hops to begin with. Secondly, what do the bubbles have to do with bitterness or aroma? Carbonation was about all Molson lagers had going for them!

As result, the toning down of bubbles has led to a jacking up of the cloying, adjunct-ridden flavors of canned corn and soggy white bread. There's fewer bubbles to distract from them. The sips that taste of nothing are a welcomed departure from those that stick to the tongue like scotch tape and rip off in the aftertaste flavors of mildewy cardboard.

Big breweries rely on the fact that a fool and his money are easily parted - today I am that fool. The registered trademark "microcarbonation" sounded to me like the stupidest, most made-up pile of advertising garbage and now, having tried it, I can say for certain that it is. This product is fit for marketing classes, maybe, but not the beer fridge.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

I don't know what I was expecting from this beer. The commercials are nice, but come on. It's a Molson product. Can it really be that good? Well, let's find out. This beer pours your usual pale golden/yellow colour, with very little head to speak of. Smell is very light of hops, malts and a bit of spice. Hey, spice. Tasted a bit stale. Some malt flavour, some hops, but overall it tasted bland and stale. Mouthfeel is watery. Overall, I'd rather have Canadian. Or even Coors Light. This is an overrated beer that a huge producer is trying to put a quality spin on. Well, their is very little quality to be had.

3.15/5  rDev +29.6%

It's an average (pale-golden) lager in appearance.
There is a slight head, but the glass I had it in, dissipated quickly.

Aroma is slight fruit and spice. There are some tones of malt and hops on the nose. I will say, it's one of the better smelling Molson brews I have had.
Some sweet corn adjuncts linger around with a bit of cereal grain.

Not offensive whatsoever.

Mini carbonation ( hence the micro carbonation used in production ) "M" Sort of like a popping on the tongue.
I found it faded fast.

Soft, easy drinking and smooth.
I would purchase this again, however, I think they should lower the cash you have to shell out from a premium price point.

Decent on its own, or with nacho's and burgers, wings or med-spiced dishes.

Molson M from Molson Coors Canada