Carling Black Label - Molson Coors Canada

Molson Coors Canada visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Shiloh on 02-17-2003

A contemporary lager beer with a light, crisp, refreshing aroma and taste.

1.5/5  rDev -37.2%

1.75/5  rDev -26.8%

2.85/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Curiosity got the best of me and Black Label made it to the top of my to-do list. When making the purchase the older male cashier asked "Black label? Do you normally drink that." I knew I was in for something unusual with a reputation I had no idea about.

Opening the box the bottles were dusty, making it obvious this isn't a go to beer for the average beer drinker. I cracked the bottle and poured it into a glass. Very light yellow colour, not much foam, carbonation okay, and smells cheap.

First sip and my conclusion, not too bad. For the price there's a lot worse out there. I had no struggle getting through the case, in fact the only reason I haven't bought this again is because I have to drive out of my way to get it at the beer store. Not carried at all locations. I don't know why, compared to all the other discount beers out there Black Label is pretty damn good.

Good for summer BBQ's, relaxing watching the game, any occasion where you just want a decent beer. Can't go wrong for the price!

2.25/5  rDev -5.9%

2.25/5  rDev -5.9%

2.36/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Pours a piss poor yellow colour. Thin foamy head. Smells ol wet grain. Tastes like malt, corn syrup and cardboard. Mouthfeel is thin and watery. But what do you expect from a budget beer? It's bland but it's drinkable. I wouldn't pay for it, but I wouldn't turn it down at a party.

3.75/5  rDev +56.9%

4.66/5  rDev +95%

Poured into a frosted 16 oz glass. Very thick head, golden brown in appearance. Smell is not at all offensive. Very little hops, somewhat grainy flavor. Overall, one of the best value beers I've tasted. Would highly recommend this for an inexpensive drink with a nice flavor. I drank about 16-20 of these in my first sitting, with 5% ABV I was highly intoxicated but I couldn't stop myself. Be careful, Carling Canada's Black Label is impossible to put down.

Carling Black Label from Molson Coors Canada