Huber Premium Beer - Minhas Craft Brewery

pDev: 30%
Minhas Craft Brewery visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 07-07-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Huber Premium Beer Alström Bros
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

yankees27, Aug 29, 2014
2.5/5  rDev -13.8%

Jerseyislandbeer, Aug 26, 2014

wrightst, Aug 10, 2014

chicagoish, Apr 14, 2014

Lgarciaosuna, Apr 11, 2014
2.79/5  rDev -3.8%

A 330ml bottle with a BB of March 2014. ABV is stated as 4.8%. Acquired a little while back from a B&M store. The label claims that this is an all-grain brew with roots going back to 1845.

Poured into a straight pint glass. A clear golden-amber colour with slight floating sediment and good carbonation. Forms a decent head of creamy white foam that lasts for a minute or so before subsiding to a patchy surface layer. Aroma of light, grainy malt with faint hints of biscuit, husk and stewed leaves. Slightly sweet but otherwise bland.

Tastes of sweet, watery malt with a mild finish. Notes of cooked grain, faint husk, stewed leaves, a twinge of overdone veg and a hint of fruity yeast. A delicate sweetness in the background, followed by a vague dry character upon swallowing. No bitterness to speak of. Mouthfeel is smooth and tingly, with prickly carbonation and a thin, insubstantial body. A subtle aftertaste of steamed grain and leaves.

Meh - a most underwhelming brew. Looks OKish for the style, while the aroma and flavour are dull as ditchwater. Faint malt and leaves with a slight sweetness; not much going on. Lacklustre body. No serious technical flaws but this is unbearably bland. Give it a miss, unless you need something to water the plants with.

jazzyjeff13, Apr 02, 2014
2.7/5  rDev -6.9%

Bottles of this have found their way to a cut price supermarket chain in the UK: 69 Pence (about a dollar) for 330ml worth.

I poured my bottle into a 'Back Forty Beer Co' glass to make it feel at home (kind of) on 9th Jan 2014.

Very pale golden/straw coloured body, clean and clear, the white head left before it arrived to leave a white collar and a little wisp on the surface.

If this is their Premium beer I'm not too sure I'd like their regular brew. Although to be fair this isn't a bad lager, it's just a bit thin on character and flavourings. Refreshing without testing your taste buds or other senses too greatly.

The nose was semi-sweet and slightly grainy, the taste followed in that vein, being pretty sweet: where did the hops go?

Pleased it popped up in Shropshire, but I'll not be rushing off back to the shop for any more.

BlackHaddock, Jan 09, 2014
3.84/5  rDev +32.4%

sampled from a bottle
appearance: dark straw with a hint of red
smell: sweet malt up front from the start great to have an american pale lager that is spot on for style outstanding
taste: malt on the palate thru out start to finish no off taste
mouthfeel: medium to light leans to the medium side

overalll :one of the outstanding all malt out there

hophead98, Oct 06, 2013

KellyScottMad, Oct 03, 2013
2.5/5  rDev -13.8%

rabbitguy, Aug 09, 2013
3.05/5  rDev +5.2%

12oz glass at the newish microbrewery in NE Cowtown.

This beer appears a clear medium golden colour, with a half finger of wispy, very loosely foamy off-white head, which leaves a few minor streaks of remote island lace around the glass as things quickly sink away.

It smells of faint pale grainy malt, a bit of white grape and apple fruitiness, and weak earthy, musty hops. The taste is more tangling between thin grainy pale malt, and icy vinous drupe fruit, with little more beyond a subtle hint of weedy hops.

The bubbles are pretty sublimated, and not particularly noticeable, the body medium-light in weight, and generally smooth, nothing really interfering here. It finishes well off-dry, the middling fruit and malt still really the only game in town.

A very so-so Yankee lager, somewhat better than yer typical offering sporting the 'Premium' moniker, but not by much, and with little balancing offset to make it at all memorable, or especially revisit-worthy.

biboergosum, Aug 07, 2013

Kyrojack, Jan 09, 2013

Jimboe, Oct 03, 2012

bicyclesnbeer, Aug 19, 2012
2.43/5  rDev -16.2%

Huber Premium poured out of the bottle creating a nice frothy head that quickly dissipated to a pale film floating on top of a pale yellow lager. thin lacing lined my glass within seconds of pouring.

Faint smell of malt, stronger smell of corn adjunct. Taste was sweet, almost like corn syrup, with a little malt in the background. Very little hop presence and carbonation.

That being said, the experience wasn't entirely unpleasant. Two bottles quenched my thirst while I BBQ'd on a warm Sunday evening. It went down easily and without a lot of thought. I'm sure Huber was a better-tasting beer at one time, but it still serves its purpose. Not a great, or even a good beer, but I'd still rather drink it instead of a macro brew from the heavy hitters.

A60sburnout, Jul 30, 2012

Joefisherman, Jul 08, 2012
1.1/5  rDev -62.1%

Do not drink this beer. Period.

I'm not a beer "snob." I'll gladly down a Busch, Beast, Old Style, or Keystone if someone's serving one or the other at a party.

However, this beer is offensive and completely undrinkable. I brought it to a friends house to drink while watching a football game not knowing what it tasted like but thinking it couldn't be THAT bad. Well, I was wrong. I could barely finish it. Even my friend commented straight up that it was a horrible tasting beer. Stale, soapy, and flat, like a homebrew kit gone wrong. The yeasty-metal aftertaste lingered far too long.

Do not risk offending your friends, family, and clergymen by serving this beer.

Such a shame because it seems like this used to be a good beer before some recent changes were made (new ownership??).

FireMarshallStev, Feb 07, 2012

bigred89, Dec 04, 2011
1.05/5  rDev -63.8%

K--

I had this a couple-three years ago, and it was totally alright. Like, maybe a halfnotch above Pabst but still solidly below the new/old Schlitz. Maybe I wrote some notes for it or whatever, but for some reason I never gave it a proper review.

So when I saw a 12er just sitting there for 4.99, I had to buy it. Beforehand, though, I asked the clerk--with whom I am friendly--why the beer is so cheap. Was it stale?

"No," he said. "Just shitty."

Hmm... figuring him a snob, the sort that doesn't know how to truly appreciate revival beers (that is, so absolutely unironically that your earnestness borders on irony), I handed over my fiver-plus-change and made way to the car.

A few hours later, mumbling to myself--to the beers, actually--about how "you delicious little bastards" were gonna enjoy living in my tummy, I cracked one open. It tasted of soap and used motor oil. But a while earlier I had had a Zombie Dust, and since Zombie Dust can make high-quality escort sweat taste like low-quality methwhore sweat, I decided to try it again the next day.

Next day, it was the same but worse. Like, the 'Dust had actually made my pallet more forgiving.

I don't know what happened, but this is absolutely not the same beer I had a few years ago. It barely even tastes like beer. It's like something puked out of one of those Mr. Beer kids--bereft of actual malt, it's easily worse than the first effort of most homebrewers.

mynie, Nov 27, 2011
4.5/5  rDev +55.2%

I sometimes love where The CANQuest (TM) takes me, especially after so many AALs! This would be one of those times. I thought that it was kind of a rare style, but then I realized that I have reviewed the top three and six of the top twenty on this site. I am still looking forward to drinking this one.

From the CAN: "From the Oldest Brewery in the MIdwest" - Yuengling, what hast thou wrought?!?

Following the Crack & Glug, I had a finger-and-a-half of fluffy bone-white head with decent retention. Color was a slightly hazy, light lemon-yellow. The nose was bliss - lager sweetness with a slight graininess and no off scents. Ahhh. Mouthfeel was medium with a nice lager sweetness on the tongue. I understand that it is more expensive to make beers without adjuncts, but the tradeoff is significant when it comes to the taste. This was just plain tasty. It had an unencumbered lager taste that I rarely find and which seems to elude many. Finish was plenty smooth for those that focus on such things. This definitely rates cooler space! Well done.

woodychandler, Sep 26, 2010