Minhas 1845 Pilsner - Minhas Craft Brewery

poor

Minhas Craft Brewery visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

German Pilsener |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Atron67 on 03-23-2008)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

From notes on 9/6/2013

My original rating was a 0.5, but I guess on this site you need to give it a 1. Doesn't deserve that high of a score.

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had in my life. Toured the Minhas Brewery, which was actually very fun, and received a bottle of this for free. This beer tastes like water that came from a rusty pipe. We had two bottles of it and literally dumped it down the drain. It really takes a gross beer to dump it.

Maybe we just got a bad batch because other reviews are ok for this beer.

1.75/5  rDev -29.1%

2.75/5  rDev +11.3%

2.75/5  rDev +11.3%

3.25/5  rDev +31.6%

2.2/5  rDev -10.9%

This beer poured out as a clear looking yellow color. The head comes then goes. There is no lacing and not much to look at. The smell of the beer is like a sweet fruity kids cereal. No hop area at all. The taste is sweet, not much bitterness at all, kinda boring. The mouthfeel of the beer is light bodied, decent carbonation but thin and watery. Overall this beer was pretty much what I expected.

2.25/5  rDev -8.9%

The beer poured a clear pale gold and produced very little white bubbly head which dissipated into nothing within seconds. No lacing.
The smell is grainy and bread is noticeable, but all over very weak.
The taste only hints the style. Just as bad as the other beers I have bought in the same sampler. The only reason I am writing a review is to warn other beer lovers of this one. The metallic aftertaste does not compliment the heavy grainy bread feel.
Will never buy it again.

2.73/5  rDev +10.5%

The 2nd beer of my Minhas morning, lets hope it's better than the first. Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle.Has a dark golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is mildly sweet, a bit of soap? Taste is like no other pils that I have ever had. Sweet, soapy, very dry at the finish. Feels light in the mouth and overall strike 2 for Minhas.

1.5/5  rDev -39.3%

I poured this beer into a snifter, though it probably could have been experience just as well from the bottle. A pale straw color was the most average aspect of this pilsner. Being fair, this is the highest aspect of my score on this beer. The aroma reminded me of a dusty basement floor with something sticky/sugary spilled on it. The initial taste confused me into thinking I was drinking a light beer. There was a faint sweetness and a little straw flavor. The modest amount of carbonation swept this away as the aftertaste was just empty bubbles of carbonation. It is a very thin beer without much flavor or texture. I am glad I can say that a friend brought it over so I do not have to take responsibility for buying it.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »