Lapin Kulta Special III - Lapin Kulta

No picture uploaded.

Lapin Kulta visit their website
Finland

Euro Pale Lager |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: bark on 03-01-2005)
Reviews by kvltmetalhead:
3.03/5  rDev +8.2%

Alright so this is my first review. This review maybe a little skewed due to the fact that my pallet is a little off because I drank DFH's Squall before trying this beer. It may also be off due to the fact that I have only had one other Euro pale lager beer before trying this one. So I the the only other beer I can compare this too is a drain pour.

Now one other quick explanation before I get to my review... How did this beer end up in my hands when i live in a small town in the middle of NY State? Well the explanation is quite simple my roommates got married and one of them lived in Finland for a couple of years. She lived in Tornio, Finland. Her maid of honor or what ever its called grew up and still lives there and brought some of the hometown beer home with her and I gots to try one.

Alright the review well I interviewed Johann Hegg of Amon Amarth four months after I turned 21 before I knew all about the amazing world of craft beer and asked him this question..."blah blah blah questions about metal then... American beer what do you think about it?" paraphrasing "American beer is total shit!!! and anybody drinking a Bud, Coors Miller, Corona or Labatts... or there light versions should be shot on the spot" we all had a good laugh about that.

So this is my second experience drinking a Euro Pale Lager and to me it looks a lot like your typical American macro lager just with a few extra floaties.

The smell I do not like at all just like the first Euro pale lager I had is a huge turn off for me I don't really know how to describe it to me smells awful. But it did have decent head retention but no lacing to speak of.

I can see why Johann Hegg said American "Macro" Beer taste like shit because it has a lot more flavor then any American macro beer I have ever had. Its a very grainy flavor but it was not bad I rather enjoyed drinking it. Grainy is really the only word I can use to describe it I did not really pick up any other flavors besides the grain. Unlike the first Euro pale lager I had which tasted exactly like it smelled complete ass.

I feel this beer is extremely drinkable if you can get over the unappealing smell and highly sessionable if your just looking for a average lager with more flavor then your typical American macro lager.

kvltmetalhead, Jul 21, 2009
2.25/5  rDev -19.6%

Sold in the UK as 'Premium lager' no mention of Special 111, but obviously the same beer at 4.5%.

Green 33cl bottle, best before 26th Jun 09, drank 17th Mar 09. Poured into a Veltins Pilsner stemmed tulip glass twice.

Usual golden lager/pilsner look, bright, clear and clean. Good sized white head on top at first, turning into a collar and wisp just as quick as the cheaper versions brewed all over the world.

Odourless, gets my standard 3 for a non-smelling lager/pilsner.

Watery and weak in taste and bodyfeel, not overly impressed, a lager from Laos was comsummed before this beer and it was miles better in every aspect. This is a 'burp' lagerbeer, just full of wind and no substance. A dry metallic nasty flavour begins to appear towards the end of the mouthfeel and as the beer warmed up at the end of the tasting, it started to have a damp cardboard sort of tang, not nice.

Very dissapointed, my first Finnish beer and it is a dud!

BlackHaddock, Mar 17, 2009
3.25/5  rDev +16.1%

sami1971, Sep 21, 2014
2.68/5  rDev -4.3%

A - Pale straw colour with a few centimetres of white head that falls away almost immediately.
S - Grain with some slight floral notes.
T - Slightly sweet grain taste.
M - Medium bodied with fairly high carbonation.
D - Nothing I'd try again but nothing too out of place. Just another boring pale euro lager.

brendan13, Sep 13, 2007
Lapin Kulta Special III from Lapin Kulta
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.