Lucille IPA - Georgetown Brewing Company

Lucille IPA
No picture uploaded.

Georgetown Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

(Beer added by: appenzeller on 08-13-2010)
Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Mar 02, 2013

Icehousman, May 26, 2013

gkangas, Nov 27, 2011

portlandmonk, Aug 15, 2013

doughanson78, Nov 15, 2011

wildshire, Feb 04, 2012
4.89/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I happened across this beer just by chance while in Seattle on business. We were having a beer on the sidewalk in front of Celtic Swell in Alki Beach. I had just finished one of their lackluster cream ales when the waiter came back to get our order for a second round. He asked me how the cream ale was and I told him I was an IPA guy. He said, "Then you want a Lucille". Yes I did and yes I do! The aroma from the Lucille is amazing. The strong, sweet smell of grapefruit hit us before he made it to the table. The taste did not disappoint either. Very smooth with a nice clean finish of citrus. Almost the perfect IPA in my opinion. This will now be my "go to" beer when in Seattle and I will search bars, pubs, restaurants that serve it. At least I know its available on Alki, I guess that's where I will have eat and drink when in the area. MY old standby was Manny's, I now have a new favorite. That'd be Lucille! Just another note. I spent a week in Seattle in a 40 hour training class. At the end of the week, I got a text from a friend asking how the week went and what I was doing. I said, I have face buried in Lucille. I hope they didn't get the wrong impression.

NoCurse2012, Sep 09, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +15.1%

On draught at the Swiss. THIS is a NW IPA. Huge hop flavor, super dank, resinous, wow. Major aftertaste of hop oils. While on the dull orange side, there's not much more then a hint of biscuit to the malt. This is strait hop juice. Love it. Wow. Georgetown doesn't seem to do a lot of beers, but they do them well. Love there red DIPA, which I just realized I haven't had in way to long! B.B. would be proud of this one for sure, it really sings.

ccrida, Oct 19, 2010

youradhere, Apr 11, 2012

Asics, May 07, 2013

TobyRoseman, Jan 27, 2014
4.61/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Growler purchased at the brewery poured into a pint glass.
Lady at the brewery said ABV was 7.2, didn't know the IBU.
Poured perfectly clear light brassy appearance with abundant head that retains very well. Nice lace.
Flowery sweet malt balances hop presence nicely.
Very smooth taste that allows a pleasant but not overpowering hop feel to flow through that gives the feeling that it is enjoyable long after swallowing.
The smooth taste and feel competes with the best IPA's. A very drinkable beer.
My first growler was great, my second even better.
Whenever I get to the South End I make sure my trip includes a stop at Georgetown Brewery to swap out my growler of Lucile.
update 8/5/11:
I am unfazed by the relatively poor ratings by my fellow BA's whose opinions I respect. Far and away one of my favorite beers.

NWer, Sep 23, 2010
4.61/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Easy drinking NW IPA. Pours nice with a light head. Georgetown's growler exchange leaves the beer fresh in a growler for several days. After 5 days, thee beer had the same carbonation as the day I tasted it in the brewery.

Piney sweet aroma, nice and bitter for a relaxing summer day. Copper color with a light head that is perfect for an IPA. one of my favorite NW IPAs.

angrymice, Jun 30, 2013
4.6/5  rDev +10.3%

Tomorris, Oct 06, 2014
4.6/5  rDev +10.3%

FuselGuy, Aug 23, 2014
4.55/5  rDev +9.1%

Lucky enough to sample this beer at "Brews and Blues" in Desmoines, WA. A blues festival that serves beer.

Apperance was a light amber with a thin foamy head.

Smell was a surprising piney hoppiness.

Taste was a hop heads delight. The bitter finish was just what I needed on a hot afternoon of sitting in the sun.

Mouthfeel as very good but I must admit that the beer did not stay in my mough toooo long.

Overall an excellent experience and was pleasantly surprised to find out that Manny has a sister!

NoHipTee, Oct 14, 2011