Lucille IPA - Georgetown Brewing Company

Georgetown Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

Beer added by: appenzeller on 08-13-2010

4.12/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured into a shaker pint glass. Poured into a shaker pint glass. Pours a medium golden amber with a one finger slightly off-white head with decent retention and light lacing. Nice aroma of piney and citrus hops and light bready malt. Flavor is balanced bready and caramel malt and more subdued piney and citurs hops than the aroma. Light citrus juice and rind. Balanced malt and hop finish with light lingering piney and citrus hops. Medium bodied. At first I was slightly dissapointed that the flavor was not as fresh hop intense as the aroma, but this IPA really grew on me as I finished the glass and since I was drinking it with a meal, a total assault on my taste buds would have been inappropriate anyway. A very nice balanced IPA that I would drink any time I ran across it, especially while dining. Nicely done.

4.89/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I happened across this beer just by chance while in Seattle on business. We were having a beer on the sidewalk in front of Celtic Swell in Alki Beach. I had just finished one of their lackluster cream ales when the waiter came back to get our order for a second round. He asked me how the cream ale was and I told him I was an IPA guy. He said, "Then you want a Lucille". Yes I did and yes I do! The aroma from the Lucille is amazing. The strong, sweet smell of grapefruit hit us before he made it to the table. The taste did not disappoint either. Very smooth with a nice clean finish of citrus. Almost the perfect IPA in my opinion. This will now be my "go to" beer when in Seattle and I will search bars, pubs, restaurants that serve it. At least I know its available on Alki, I guess that's where I will have eat and drink when in the area. MY old standby was Manny's, I now have a new favorite. That'd be Lucille! Just another note. I spent a week in Seattle in a 40 hour training class. At the end of the week, I got a text from a friend asking how the week went and what I was doing. I said, I have face buried in Lucille. I hope they didn't get the wrong impression.

4.38/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the Tacoma Craft Brew Festival.

Outstanding beer, with the quality apparent from the first sip. Not just a good color, but the brew practically glows. Smooth taste, lots of body and gravitas. Manny's is the main beer from G-Town but this is its big sister.

4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

4.32/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice gold with a hint of brown. Nice half inch head with very decent webbed lace.

Floral and citrus combine with a hint of pine resin and a light malt background. Very intense smell.

Pine and floral hops lead off the taste. Smooths out around the middle with some light malty goodness. Grass and citrus finish it off. Very smooth going down. Only slightly heavy on the carbonation.

Damn! This is one hell of an excellent IPA.

4.59/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Easy drinking NW IPA. Pours nice with a light head. Georgetown's growler exchange leaves the beer fresh in a growler for several days. After 5 days, thee beer had the same carbonation as the day I tasted it in the brewery.

Piney sweet aroma, nice and bitter for a relaxing summer day. Copper color with a light head that is perfect for an IPA. one of my favorite NW IPAs.

Lucille IPA from Georgetown Brewing Company