Lucille IPA - Georgetown Brewing Company

Lucille IPA
No picture uploaded.

Georgetown Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

(Beer added by: appenzeller on 08-13-2010)

mdaschaf, Jan 30, 2014

4.75/5  rDev +13.9%

rrock44, Nov 27, 2013

foxyaardvark27, Nov 20, 2013
4.1/5  rDev -1.7%

On tap at the Skyview Grille.

A clear orange amber with a dense off white head with decent retention and modest lacing, this looks pretty good. The nose is a hoppy treat. Rather bitter and fragrant citrus and pine hop aromatics are present, dank and herbaceous. Sweetness is reserved with a faint toasted caramel note present. The palate opens with a pleasing, pungent bitterness, with a blend of grapefruit, pine and marijuana. Hop flavor is modest but it really works here ; the exceptionally clean bitterness lends flavor by itself. Malt character is faint, with only a look little burnt sugar present. Clean on the finish with a pungent and resiny bitterness, there is a little alcohol present, and that does detract from the wonderful palate. Excellent.

DefenCorps, Nov 17, 2013

Borrythebear, Nov 13, 2013

dmorgan310, Oct 31, 2013
4.44/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a growler into a pint glass. Light head and has good carbonation. I can smell the piney hops. Has a decent bitterness, not over powering and very drinkable. Notes of grapefruit come out when sipping. Good medium bodied IPA. It's a shame they aren't into bottling yet or I'd pick this up more often.

Danimals_Beard, Oct 29, 2013

tastymug, Sep 29, 2013

Ajlvt, Sep 22, 2013

ellswrth, Sep 21, 2013
4.13/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured into a shaker pint glass. Poured into a shaker pint glass. Pours a medium golden amber with a one finger slightly off-white head with decent retention and light lacing. Nice aroma of piney and citrus hops and light bready malt. Flavor is balanced bready and caramel malt and more subdued piney and citurs hops than the aroma. Light citrus juice and rind. Balanced malt and hop finish with light lingering piney and citrus hops. Medium bodied. At first I was slightly dissapointed that the flavor was not as fresh hop intense as the aroma, but this IPA really grew on me as I finished the glass and since I was drinking it with a meal, a total assault on my taste buds would have been inappropriate anyway. A very nice balanced IPA that I would drink any time I ran across it, especially while dining. Nicely done.

LiquidAmber, Sep 17, 2013
4.89/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I happened across this beer just by chance while in Seattle on business. We were having a beer on the sidewalk in front of Celtic Swell in Alki Beach. I had just finished one of their lackluster cream ales when the waiter came back to get our order for a second round. He asked me how the cream ale was and I told him I was an IPA guy. He said, "Then you want a Lucille". Yes I did and yes I do! The aroma from the Lucille is amazing. The strong, sweet smell of grapefruit hit us before he made it to the table. The taste did not disappoint either. Very smooth with a nice clean finish of citrus. Almost the perfect IPA in my opinion. This will now be my "go to" beer when in Seattle and I will search bars, pubs, restaurants that serve it. At least I know its available on Alki, I guess that's where I will have eat and drink when in the area. MY old standby was Manny's, I now have a new favorite. That'd be Lucille! Just another note. I spent a week in Seattle in a 40 hour training class. At the end of the week, I got a text from a friend asking how the week went and what I was doing. I said, I have face buried in Lucille. I hope they didn't get the wrong impression.

NoCurse2012, Sep 09, 2013