Super Bock Abadia Gold - UNICER União Cervejeira S.A.

Super Bock Abadia GoldSuper Bock Abadia Gold

UNICER União Cervejeira S.A. visit their website

Euro Strong Lager |  6.80% ABV

(Beer added by: AlexLMS on 04-25-2008)
View: Beers (9) |  Events

12-27-2011 02:39:22 | More by educorgan
tbeckett

Ontario (Canada)

3.1/5  rDev +17.9%

Bottle from a grocery store in Albufeira. From notes.

A - I have to admit, this beer sucks you in with its packaging. Especially in Portugal. It poured a golden colour with a minimal film of white head. Bright. Strong carbonation. No head retention or lacing.

S - Some yeasty esters. Orange and gentle hops. Orange cocktail or something. Grapes as well. It smelled alot better than I expected.

T - Yeast was really dominant. Mild fruits to go with it.

M - Good carbonation and a medium body. A slightly dry finish.

O/D - Nice. The aroma was fairly good for a lager and it was refreshing and tasty. No complaints. The other reviews for this are fairly poor but I can't hate on this that much. For what it was, it was ok.

06-20-2011 23:56:28 | More by tbeckett
jhtipton

Spain

2.63/5  rDev 0%

Okay, it was free but I did provide alot of good beer to the contributor of what I would consider a better quality. Nice bottle shape. That is a compliment. The color is a medium gold with minimal head and mild carbobnation. I saw F when I approached the site so I'll try to at least be objective. I consider most macros as a C to star so Igive the appearance a C based on average appearance and nice bottle. Smell is average, not bad or skunky just not much more than mild malt atypical of a pale lager. taste is average not any different then a Bud, malt and a little metallic but not too bad; just not any complexity or any bells and whistles. Mouthfeel is light bodied and not special. Drinkabilty is barely average. Not looking for my next source or anything special.

02-17-2011 22:26:38 | More by jhtipton
NewGeneric

1.2/5  rDev -54.4%

Wow, this beer...I thought for sure this would be better than the regular Super Bock, but boy was I wrong. About the only good thing I can say about this beer is that it looked good in the bottle. Once I opened it, the smell took me back immediately, and then I became even more wary as I poured a strange faint orange colored beer with offwhite head. I tried and tried, but I just could not finish the whole beer. At best, it tasted like an imitation saison, which left my mouth in search of water. Ugh.

05-30-2009 20:34:56 | More by NewGeneric
AlexLMS

1.85/5  rDev -29.7%

Just to clarify this beer has nothing to do with the Bock style. It is the brand name.

Appearance: bright clarity with a deep golden colour. The head disappeared as soon as the beer was poured, leaving no lacings whatsoever.
Aroma: sweet malts, fruits and some spices.
Taste: dominated by the sweet malts. No hops at all and off-flavour that I could not figure out.
Mouthfeel: smooth, average carbonation, high alcoholic strength and medium body.
Finish: slight lingering sweet aftertaste.

Overall: Super Bock Abadia Gold, as its sister beer Super Bock Abadia Rubi, were put in the market trying to capitalize on the success of Super Bock Abadia. The result as in most sequels is quite disappointed. Abadia Gold is too sweet, almost cloying and the hops are simply not there. In short, this beer is a marketing strategy without character or personality of its own.

04-25-2008 17:17:29 | More by AlexLMS
Super Bock Abadia Gold from UNICER União Cervejeira S.A.
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.