Bell Ringer - RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company visit their website
South Carolina, United States

American Strong Ale |  8.50% ABV

Beer added by: mikesgroove on 08-16-2007

Our high gravity offering weighs in at 8.5% ABV and is delightfully loaded with malt and hops. This is an ale worthy of your sturdiest goblet or most treasured stein. Ring it!
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bell Ringer Alström Bros
2.75/5  rDev -25.9%

3.61/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

The Friendly Greek Bottle Shop has really turned me onto this brewery's beers. I am finding them to be really worthwhile, especially at their price point.

From the bottle: "Handcrafted. Every Beer. Every Drop. Every Time."; "Our high gravity offering weighs in at 8.5%abv and is delightfully loaded with malt and hops. This is an ale worthy of your sturdiest goblet or most treasured stein. Ring it!"

A goblet, eh? That sounds like a challenge! I have not broken out a goblet in a while, but I am happy to take up the goblet gauntlet. Holy Heavy Foam, Batman! My goblet may have proven stronger than their Strong Ale, but I backed off and allowed it to settle some before proceeding. I have to admit, though, that the density of the head was phenomenal, creating a mound of dense, rocky, light-tan head with excellent retention. Nose was rich with caramel and toffee notes as well as a decent alcohol burn that tickled my nostrils. Color was a cloudy orangish-amber (SRM = > 9, < 13). Mouthfeel seemed to be on the thin side and man, it brought the heat right from the outset! This would have been illegal to make and sell in South Carolina up until recently and they seem to be making up for lost time. I hold with my initial assessment about it being rich and malty sweet, but I was not getting much in terms of hops. My goblet was ringed with dense lacing as I drank. Phew! Finish kept up the heat, then slowly reduced to near candy-like sweetness. One of these will be plenty, thanks.

3.25/5  rDev -12.4%