Son Of A Peach - RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company visit their website
South Carolina, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

(Beer added by: mikesgroove on 02-27-2009)
WMEugene

4.3/5  rDev +21.5%

A - Pours an extremely murky orangish golden amber color with very little head, but pretty good lacing for this type of beer.

S - Wheat, peach and yeast notes. Pleasant, but not strong.

T - Very, very peachy. A bit tangy and syrupy tasting. If you like peaches, this will be a great tasting wheat beer for the summer months. This gets better with every sip.

M - Medium bodied, great carbonation levels, a bit chewy, the peach flavors really linger on your mouth. I really wish I had more than one of these right now.

O - This one really surprised me. This is really tasty and a great summer-style beer. I really love peaches, so I look forward to having this one again. It's very peachy and could become one of my regular summer rotation beers, enjoy!

04-30-2012 23:32:02 | More by WMEugene

07-28-2012 22:15:35 | More by carrollmel7
PerzentRizen

Mississippi

4.25/5  rDev +20.1%

This is one amazing beer received in the Under 100 BIF - only 11 reviews!

Poured into a Duvel glass with a nearly opaque orange. The head was a thick large bubble head that reduced quickly. I was a bit disappointed with the head formation. Coaxing a head is typically easy from a wheat but not in this case. I believe the fruit has caused more acidity which decreased the head retention.

The smell is of fresh, and I mean fresh, peaches. Being from the south I can definately appreciate this aroma. There is absolutely no hop aroma which is not unusual for a wheat beer. I would like to smell more wheat backbone and less peach nectar honey aroma.

The flavors are of a mead and wheat/fruit beer mixture. If there's not honey in this one I'd be surpised - there is that dry yet sweet flavor. Obviously peaches, peaches, and more peaches are tasted but more than that is a sweet wheat/malt flavor that is extremely long.

The mouthfeel is robust and clingy compared to many wheat beers I've tried. The residual sugars make this somewhat sticky and a little syrupy even.

The low alcohol and great flavor makes this fruit wheat beer a joy to drink. I only have 1 but I'd gladly put away two or three of these bad boys.

05-30-2009 00:36:07 | More by PerzentRizen
GatorCoop

07-31-2013 03:18:00 | More by GatorCoop
HopHustler8696

4.23/5  rDev +19.5%

I don't typically enjoy wheat beers. I usually don't even think to order them because I don't even feel like I can judge them fairly, but while visiting this brewery in SC I decided to try it.

I'm sure this beer changes from year to year because it is a seasonal. It pours very cloudy and orange. It has a very nice head though and smells sweet and peachy. I'm guessing they use frozen peaches because fresh would probably add a very inconsistant flavoring depending on the crop.

I can definitely taste the higher abv in this beer. It has a somewhat bitter finish, but think it's a great wheat beer.

03-13-2012 21:08:55 | More by HopHustler8696
mikesgroove

4.22/5  rDev +19.2%

Actually cracked my first ever bottle of this one tonight. I had been wanting to try it before, but this was the first time. Served cold and poured into a pint glass, this one was consumed on 10/20/2009.

The pour was nice hazy light amber in color with a smooth overall look to it. Nice cloudiness to it and a nice head of white creeping up and over the top of the glass. Aroma is tight, loads of peach and spices coming through. Hints of cinnamon and nutmeg and loads of fresh peach notes. Nice crisp, clean flavor here. Fresh off the tree peach flavor, really very well done and I am officially impressed here. Crisp, fresh fruit, light notes of spice and a healthy dose of light grain notes. Soo friggin drinkable, wow. I really cannot say it enough, I am impressed.

Perhaps my favoite beer of theirs I have ever had. This was just sublime at times. A great, great beer.

10-21-2009 00:59:11 | More by mikesgroove
TheycallmeTim

4.15/5  rDev +17.2%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a shaker pint.

A--Bright, bright apricot orange, with all sorts of sediment floating around in it. I mean, it seriously looks smoothie-like in there. Seeds, yeast--is that pulp? I'm kidding, but this is cloudy and there's definitely crap floating around. Not bad, just...different. Head is a generous two fingers of creme colored dense foam. Good retention and lacing.

S--Smells like peaches. Bright, fresh, juicy peaches. Incredible donkey punch of fruit here. Gawd almighty do I hope this doesn't taste as sweet as it smells.

T--And we're safe. Phew. This actually tastes quite good. Flavor profile is more bright peach, but much mellower, with the essence of the flavor rather than any residual sweetness taking over. Thank the sting of the wheat for that. Great interplay between the fruit and tangy wheat going on here. It's a fairly straightforward profile, but that's true to the style, and the season for which it's brewed. The ingenuity comes in with the fruit used.

M&D--Typical hefe or wit mouthfeel--thin and spritzy. Easy going. Insanely drinkable. And this is coming from a guy whose closest tolerance for fruit beers was pumpkin ale. Fruit beers generally piss me off. This one is tasty. Strong summer refresher in the wheat beer category. Kind of like an American Wit.

12-28-2009 03:07:28 | More by TheycallmeTim