1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Son Of A Peach - RJ Rockers Brewing Company

Son Of A PeachSon Of A Peach

good

RJ Rockers Brewing Company visit their website
South Carolina, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

(Beer added by: mikesgroove on 02-27-2009)
View: Beers (27) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 101-125 | 126-150 | 151-175  | next › last »
Ratings: 425 | Reviews: 154 | Show All Ratings:
SaCkErZ9

3.58/5  rDev +0.8%

Served on draft at Laura Alberts in Daniel Island (Charleston), SC.

Goes into the glass from the tap a cloudy, dark pach color. Small head that diminishes to a ring around the collar.

Aroma is peachy for sure. Smells a lot like triple sec liquor.

Flavor is a bit odd. It tastes like a float made with vanilla ice cream and peach shnapps. The peach flavor seem artificial and is quite strong.

Creamy mouthfeel with lower carbonation for the style. I could handle mybe two of these but the sweet peach flavor would get old in a hurry.

07-01-2009 21:59:41 | More by SaCkErZ9
ChainGangGuy

Georgia

3.58/5  rDev +0.8%

Appearance: Pours a clouded, appropriately wheat-hued body with a wispy, but lasting, white head.

Smell: Predominately fruity but also fairly wheaten aroma with the bulk of the scent made up by ripe, juicy peaches. Aroma = Peaches > Wheat.

Taste: Slightly tangy malted wheat with a few chunks of honey-coated graham crackers and tiny hint of vanilla. The sweetness, thankfully, is nicely restrained. Of course, there's a strong peach flavor with a touch of tartness to it, though not quite as forward as the aroma suggested. I detect a slight bitterness, though no real discernible hop flavors. Finishes rather dry with a faintly tart lingering peach flavor.

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: A fine, fruit-flavored wheat ale for a pint's worth, particularly if you're a peach aficionado. Though I can't help but hold it aloft with a wink and declare it one for the la--HAHA, ah, that Ding. With only 7 reviews currently entered, he's already beaten me to that conclusion. Well, I still stand by my verdict -- Son of a Peach is one for the ladies! Which, now that I think about it, isn't a half-bad name for a beer to begin with.

04-25-2009 15:07:52 | More by ChainGangGuy
woodjm

South Carolina

4.43/5  rDev +24.8%

Finally able to try this one on tap and was very excited. I've reviewd a couple Rockers brews before, and since they are my local beer I may be a little biased, but this one was really unique. It has a cloudy color, obviously unfiltered; I'd compare its appearance to an apple cider (which was cool). Aroma is full of peaches. I've tried a lot of fruit beers (namely blueberry ales) that smell "fake", but this aroma seems really authentic. Taste has a little peach to it, but not as much as you would expect going off the aroma. Just a little bit alcohol as well which I didn't expect. I'm told the abv is 5.8%. Overall a very refreshing, interesting beer and one that I plan on drinking by the 6 pack over the summer. Can't wait for its release in bottles.

03-26-2009 01:18:07 | More by woodjm
southernbelle09

South Carolina

4.55/5  rDev +28.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer "technically" hasn't been released yet, but I've managed to get my hands on it twice so far. Once from the tasting wall at the brewery, and once from a limited trial at Terry's a couple weeks ago. I know I've said Buckwheat was my favorite by RJR, and since I've only tried Son of a Peach twice I'm not going to refute that right now, but let's just say I am EAGERLY anticipating the release of this one! It pours a cloudy peach color with very little head. Aroma is dominated by peach which I think makes it seem like you taste more peach than you actually do. Not sure how or when they added peaches during the process, but it's certainly a unique blend of aroma and taste. This one is not overly sweet at all, especially for a fruit beer. There is a little sweetness at the end, but certainly a beer you could continuously down. Carbonation levels leave this beer crisp and refreshing. I'm sure there are some beer geeks out there that won't give this one a fair shake, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice job!!!

03-02-2009 18:49:54 | More by southernbelle09