Son Of A Peach - RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company visit their website
South Carolina, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

(Beer added by: mikesgroove on 02-27-2009)
DubleAs

06-19-2012 02:54:29 | More by DubleAs
Tatara

08-12-2014 21:57:15 | More by Tatara
shlub

07-05-2012 14:23:04 | More by shlub
southernbelle09

4.55/5  rDev +28.5%

This beer "technically" hasn't been released yet, but I've managed to get my hands on it twice so far. Once from the tasting wall at the brewery, and once from a limited trial at Terry's a couple weeks ago. I know I've said Buckwheat was my favorite by RJR, and since I've only tried Son of a Peach twice I'm not going to refute that right now, but let's just say I am EAGERLY anticipating the release of this one! It pours a cloudy peach color with very little head. Aroma is dominated by peach which I think makes it seem like you taste more peach than you actually do. Not sure how or when they added peaches during the process, but it's certainly a unique blend of aroma and taste. This one is not overly sweet at all, especially for a fruit beer. There is a little sweetness at the end, but certainly a beer you could continuously down. Carbonation levels leave this beer crisp and refreshing. I'm sure there are some beer geeks out there that won't give this one a fair shake, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice job!!!

03-02-2009 18:49:54 | More by southernbelle09

ECUPirate09

01-28-2014 20:56:43 | More by ECUPirate09
anexetastos

4.53/5  rDev +28%

SouthernBelle reviewed this one saying that some beer geeks out here may not give this a fair shake. Well, I'm a beer geek, a brewer, a BJCP certified judge, and a beer lover, and I'm about to give this one a very fair shake!

I had three bottles of this beer bottled from a keg of the second batch. I managed to stretch them over three days in order to be sure that my mood at the moment of tasting did not control my impressions. The following observations are an amalgam of those three tastings. One quick note: although at the time of this review the listing on BA categorizes this beer as an American Pale Ale, it is actually an American Pale Wheat Ale (according to the brewer and my taste buds). BA should probably fix this, but you need to understand that going into the review.

Appearance: excellent color (probably in the 3 to 6 SRM range), and a delicate white head. I believe this is an unfiltered product, and had the characteristic cloudiness of a wheat-based fruit beer.

Aroma: peach, peach, peach. The wheat beer that forms the base of this offering is present as an American wheat beer and so does not produce the esters and aromatics of its German cousins. The aroma is very clean, with the peach also displaying mango, pineapple, and apricot undertones. The hops are subdued in the aroma to allow the fruit to blossom. No diacetyl noticeable.

Flavor: again, the peach is up front on the palate, followed by a pleasant sweetness and the graininess of the wheat beer. The IBUs could be slightly higher to counter the sweet, but it is not out of balance as is. What is most important here is that the fruit and the underlying wheat beer are in excellent balance -- the fruit is not cloying, but it is very much present in harmony with the wheat. There is very little malitness, alcohol, or diacetyl present to distract the attention from the fruit and wheat.

Mouthfeel: medium-light body; carbonation level is present by not explosive. No alcohol warming.

Overall Impression: we have here a harmonious marriage of fruit and beer. The choice of peach is the perfect compliment to the American wheat beer, and it is well-presented. Perfect spring and summer beer.

03-05-2009 16:04:17 | More by anexetastos

2.25/5  rDev -36.4%

02-10-2014 21:07:51 | More by AceBeerGrowlers
ChuckMartel

2.28/5  rDev -35.6%

This is what happens when you try to get cute with beer. I had such high hopes for this stuff. Heard it was the iconic beer of RJ Rockers. Looked great. Smelled great. Everything seemed to be going well until I took that first sip then . . . . I'm not sure what they have done to this beer. The peach flavoring must come from the peach pit. It doesn't taste much like peaches. As much as it pains me to say it, Bud Light Lime is much better. I'm just thankful I didn't buy a growler of it.

09-03-2011 01:11:56 | More by ChuckMartel

3.25/5  rDev -8.2%

07-26-2014 01:11:18 | More by Collierr3
TheStBernard

4.83/5  rDev +36.4%

Poured from a bottle an orange, peachy color into a pint glass. Medium carbonation and rather small, nectarine hued head.

Scent was of a sweet southern peach, reminded me of a a wonderful day on the South Carolina beach... Hints of orange and vanilla as well- fantastic.

Ahhhh... The first drink. Medium carbonation, with cool, refreshing taste of biting into a peach. The fact that I took the drink at the wonderful Red Hen restaurant on Johns Island, SC probably made this first sip even better. It continued to stay wonderful after that.

Good god was this a fantastic and enjoyable summer beer! Fantastic! I found a case at the Piggly Wiggly off of Kiawah and may buy another to take back to Pittsburgh with me. If you find it, buy it!

07-12-2011 14:41:44 | More by TheStBernard

3.75/5  rDev +5.9%

06-18-2014 21:58:50 | More by SarahBarista
Viper29223

4.5/5  rDev +27.1%

A great tasting peach wheat ale light in color with an amazing taste very sweet goes great w a salty pretzel ,but I only like to drink one because it's so so sweet most fruity beers are I only wish I like the rest of RJ Rockers beers which don't do,anything for me and my beer buddy's

08-27-2012 18:55:03 | More by Viper29223