Son Of A Peach - RJ Rockers Brewing Company

RJ Rockers Brewing Company visit their website
South Carolina, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger. Available during the late Spring and Summer months.

(Beer added by: mikesgroove on 02-27-2009)
View: Beers (31) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
« first ‹ prev | 451-475 | 476-500 | 501-525  | next › last »
Southern1962

07-02-2013 00:09:29 | More by Southern1962
BeerSmart

1.93/5  rDev -45.5%

A BeerSmart Review:

I always want to be fair accurate and truthful in my reviews and get right to the point. This was a deliciously looking draft, clear with a light effervescent head. It looked like an easy-to-drink, flavorful, summertime staple.

Call it a bad tap, bad batch or simply a bad beer, but the highly anticipated instant taste of peach was quickly overpowered by the taste of women's perfume. A second palate clearing sip ended with the same result. If this sounds appealing this may be your beer, but for this craft beer lover it's most definitely not.

Bottom line: UNFINISHABLE

08-11-2013 19:45:41 | More by BeerSmart
Brandi123P

South Carolina

4.01/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I had this beer on a whim. I saw it in the cooler at work as a special craft night beer. I popped it after hours and took a few sips. I figured it would be nice and refreshing and boy was I right! It was so sweet and perfect. Pale ale and had amazing peach hints through the whole experience. To me it would be an amazing summer beer. I loved it so much our local Sam's Club sales local beers and I stocked up!!! Favorite for now!

02-19-2014 20:01:02 | More by Brandi123P
lilythewallflower

4.5/5  rDev +27.1%

07-13-2014 20:18:00 | More by lilythewallflower
fergjosa

03-01-2012 21:22:29 | More by fergjosa
StvDvs

3.95/5  rDev +11.6%

I haven't had this beer by itself, so I can't properly review it by its own merits. However, I feel that I would be remiss if I didn't suggest this:

Mix half and half Son Of A Peach and a Milk Stout (I had Duck Rabbit). What results is just the smoothest, maltiest, creamiest, peachy, mocha flavor. Highly Recommended. I typically do not enjoy a fruity beer, but another patron insisted that I try it, and even offered to pay for it if I didn't enjoy it.

04-30-2011 00:38:04 | More by StvDvs
P_Prouty

04-20-2013 03:45:22 | More by P_Prouty
robfrey67mustang

would not buy again . heavy on peach. not so great on the beer flavor. i mixed peach schnapps and apricot brandy with it to make it palatable so i could finish the remaining 5 bottles. my brother didn't care for it. oh well..abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwkxyz.:(

07-27-2013 14:36:02 | More by robfrey67mustang
JillianB5

4.61/5  rDev +30.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I really enjoyed this beer. While it has heavy peach flavoring, it's not sweet at all, so you can have more than one and not OD on the sweetness that is the downfall of many fruity beers (in my opinion). Give it a shot and see if you like it. I've definitely had MUCH worse. I'd buy this for my home (I originally had it at a bar). Happy tasting!

08-04-2013 01:35:19 | More by JillianB5
Creed1992

South Carolina

3.63/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Still new to the beer scene, good friend took me to a bar to try some seasonals. This was one of my first seasonal craft beer experiences, so i'll try to be accurate.
A- Very warm color, almost peachy tints. Little head retention noted, left a small ring of beige-white foam.
S- if this were a cologne, i'd wear it. smells absolutely amazing, fruit notes right off the bat with a good herbal note.
T- Not quite what was expected, first got a mouth of sweet peach flavor, almost candy like. the one thing that killed me, is that my friend said it reminds her of sunscreen. for the rest of the night i could not forget this on my palate as i drank. Finish was almost nutty, maybe almond?
M- almost slippery when rolled around, leaves a slight film but isn't unpleasant at all. feels rather refreshing on the tongue
O- As a first experience, this was not a bad one for seasonal beer. I would certainly drink this again given the opportunity but at the same time i will not go ape-crazy for it when i see it on tap. If you're into fruit flavored beer, this might be right up your alley.

08-12-2013 06:22:02 | More by Creed1992
TerryMatt

3.73/5  rDev +5.4%

I was surprised to see an offering from South Carolina at my local grocer, and this my first time crossing the state line.

When I poured this one into my pint glass, the aroma of peach was very strong, and the head was fairly ivory colored, which tells me that they could have overdone the spice elements. The color was what I expected, an unfiltered cloud of wheat that would go well with a swiss cheese and fruit salad. However, the freshness of this beer was quite refreshing for my palate and my mind, as I have been drinking predominately lagers recently.

When I tasted it, the peach and biscuit malt taste was on top, with the hops not too pronounced, pretty much what to expect from fruit flavored beers. It reminds me of a peach Blue Moon, if there ever was such a thing.

After this beer was done, I made a mental note to get a good Belgian white with no fruit. Time to get back to basics.

09-03-2013 02:29:36 | More by TerryMatt