Schaefer - F & M Schaefer Brewing Co.

SchaeferSchaefer

poor

awful

F & M Schaefer Brewing Co. visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 08-21-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schaefer Alström Bros
1.11/5  rDev -57.3%

Honestly, this is the second worst beer on earth. First place is the light version. We use to grab this in college for about 30 cents per can (and I was in college in the 2000's, not the 60's). Light gold color with some fluffy head I guess. Aroma is filthy corn and wheat, dirty must, and vomit. The flavor follows almost perfectly and this is really tough to get down during a game of beer pong. Avoid at all costs.

1.75/5  rDev -32.7%

3.75/5  rDev +44.2%

3.33/5  rDev +28.1%

I still Remember the Schaefer Beer Jingle~"Schaefer is the One beer to have when your having more than One" and along with Shlitz,I stole a LOT of em from my Dads beer fridge when I was a kid..hehehe,and later on when I actually was allowed to drink,I drank swimming pools full of both beers,with Shlitz being my go2 beer & Shaefer being the beer I would buy when $$$ was tight..which was most of the time,I cant say it was a really gr8 beer,but it was much better then Blatz [both about $4.99 a case! hehe]
I had not had a Shaefer in well over 20 years,So when I came across a 40oz Fat Boy for $1.89 @ a crappy run down rural country store,I snagged up on it pronto,and thought that the beer probably was 10 years old & would break it out as sort of a joke when my buddies came over,and we all would laugh @ how crappy it tasted,as it turns out,I could not wait,and opened it up almost as soon as I got home,just to see if it was as bad as I remember~
poured it into a standard 16oz Pint glass & to my surprise,a nice fluffy 1 inch white head formed,and stayed there..I waited & waited for over 2 min's,but the head was going nowhere..WTF? a Bud's head is gone in 30 seconds,when I put the ole Sniffer to it,I smelled a nice sweet mild corn & grain aroma,also a slight grassy scent,not unpleasent at all..humm? Taste was very much the same,very mild & grainy with just the slightest bit of a citrus note and just a wee bit of a metallic taste in the background,I have to Admit that I was amazed at just how good this beer tasted,I Remember it being a LOT less drinkable back in the day,this was actually a very smooth,easy drinking beer! and honestly just as good..No,Better then a Ton of much Higher priced Macro lagers on the Market today,and if I could find it in Bottles in my Area,I would buy a case from time to time when money is tight,No doubt @ all!cheers & Peace2all.

2.98/5  rDev +14.6%

Bought a 40 oz bottle from Windmill Liquors in Orleans, MA on 7/8/13 for $ 2.55.

Poured into a glass tumbler served at fridge temp.

appearance: pale, brassy yellow with a 2 finger, snow-white head. Nice lacing.

aroma: faint hoppiness, a little corn and some mustiness.

mouthfeel: decent, full.

taste: gentle for an adjunct with enough hops to balance a slight sweetness which leaves a mineral like saccharin taste.

notes: it is what it is. I wish it didn't have the weird aftertaste because otherwise this would a decent, little beer.

2.5/5  rDev -3.8%

2.25/5  rDev -13.5%

Schaefer from F & M Schaefer Brewing Co.