Banánové Pivo - Pivovarský dům

Banánové PivoBanánové Pivo

Pivovarský dům visit their website
Czech Republic

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Toto pivo je rodným bratrem bílého, svrchně kvašeného piva pšeničného. Přirozeně ovocná chuť pšeničného piva je nevtíravě podtržena jemnou chutí a vůní banánu.

(Beer added by: ark57 on 06-16-2004)
Reviews by ark57:
3.53/5  rDev +22.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

It looks beautiful. Nice gols color with a sligh haze and a nice white head. They even serve it with a dried banana slice. The aroma is all banana. I like hefeweizens, but this is a little ridiculous. The taste is mostly banana with some malt and alcohol. The banana takes over big time. It is different and worth trying, but I wouldn't go back to it too often.

3.7/5  rDev +28%

just back from prague with some updates/additions for this brewery. typed up from hand written note taken at the microbrewery.

A = Yellow, cloudy, 2 finger layer of head that dies down quickly and leaves a lot of lacing.

S = Bananas, apples (lightly), some sweet grapes, smells like banana gum/taffy, just some slight hops and malt.

T = Banana right from the start, some hints of vanilla and apples, malt taste is weak at the beginning but picks up nicely on the back half, low level of hops become slightly stronger at the finish and linger.

M = Low carbonation, smooth and wet.

D = Not a very complex beer, a little too sweet and banana-flavored for me to have more than 1, maybe 2.

If banana is what you want, this is a very good choice. Again, this beer accomplishes what it set out to do.

3.5/5  rDev +21.1%

2.25/5  rDev -22.1%

On-tap. ½ pt Glass. Enjoyed on mar´13. Pale straw color. Veiled appearance. White thin layer is left on top. Intense banana aroma sweeps almost any other aromatic sensation, just a subtle grainy & floral aromas rest. Grainy, sweet/bitter banana flavor. Light body. Moderate to high carbonation. Watery texture. Harsh bitterness in the middle lingers into a long & flat finish. Boring.

2.5/5  rDev -13.5%

2.78/5  rDev -3.8%

Had on tap at the brewpub. Looks like a good hefe, nice cloudy color and head to it, color looks to be very much banana-like (which you may notice to be a strong theme with this beer). Aroma - all banana. I think I might have made out a little malt, but that might have been the beer next to me. Next the flavor - more and more banana. Not quite so overpowering as the smell. the malt character makes it through a little more and it's definitely decently well balanced. the mouthfeel is nice and smooth, nothing to complain about there, though nothing amazing either. This stuff isn't very drinkable to me, as the banana seems to just become a bit too much to stand after a while.

All that said, i think I should mention that I'm generally not a fan of bananas, so that likely colored my review. I like a little bit here or there, but they're generally not my bag. If you love bananas, you'll probably have a much better time with it. All in all though, I think you would still be better served trying out a couple of the other brews at this place.

3.58/5  rDev +23.9%

DISCLAIMER: This beer not for those who do not like banana.

I got a sampler of this before trying the blueberry and then Nettle (eucalyptus) beers. It came out in a small glass and looked like someone liquified a banana. There were no chunks but there was a significant haze. The smell was one of very strong banana as was the taste. I didn't notice a whole lot else in the beer, other than a subtle touch of nutmeg. I thought it was very interesting and I am very glad we tried it. Mouthfeel was a bit chewy but not overly thick. I would try this again if i had more time but sadly, I did not come for this beer.

3.2/5  rDev +10.7%

Banánové Pivo from Pivovarský dům
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.