Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,982 | Reviews: 1,690

Beer starts and ends with an ice cold PBR. Yeah we all like a nice micro brew from time to time. Or having a nice stout or IPA when the mood strikes. But lets be honest there is nothing better than turning on the game, sitting back and cracking a Pabst Blue Ribbon. My only gripe is that Miller has chosen to skyrocket the price of this once working class beer. PBR is the best, hands down.

I feel a sense of pride when I drink this beer.This is a classic american lager that I hold close to my heart so it is going to be hard to say anything negative about this beer,My cousin and I used to sneak this brew from my grandmother's fridge when we were just 11 or 12 and take it to the woods and drink them for my first ever buzz.Great beer Great price it pours an appealing light gold color It smells like sweet corn and malt.It taste like liquid gold.The mouthfeel is a little sub par but not enough to complain.The drinkability is unsurpassable but hey I'm biased.

Golden clean color in the glass and smells like a good cold crisp PBR should. It tastes like a good day on the river or getting face shots with ur bros and the mouthfeel is thirst quenching and refreshing. Overall its the best cheap canned beer you can buy and the can says nothin but freedom!

Good, has a rich history, cheap at bars!

Pabst Blue Ribbon. Where can I start? I have so many good memories with this beer. I lived in Albuquerque for a little while and we used to go down town to this Punk Rock bar named the Atomic Cantina. They had $1 sixteen ounce cans all day every day. Great way to start a night of bar hopping.
As usual, I review beers based on style but also reality.
Pabst is great clean American beer.

Nothing fancy here. Lighter than Budweiser, cleaner than Miller and Coors. Tastes like cold, clean, crisp goodness. Okay this is not a "beer snob" type of beer. It's not even my favourite beer either. But every once in a while I will choose this over ANY beer of ANY style. Usually when I'm broke, LOL... But that's besides the point.

Pours light golden in colour.
Smells like cereal grains and sweet malty overall
Smells very neutral. Slightly sweet.
Tastes clean and crisp. Dry beer before it was popular.

This is a classic. And I highly doubt it will ever go out of style or production.

My dads beer of choice. good stuff.

Reviewed for what it is, this is perfect. It's the best American adjunct by far in my opinion; far beyond Bud and its ilk. It's nothing when compared to craft beers, of course, but at $3.19 per 4-pack of 16 oz. tall boys, this is my go-to when I want to get messed up for cheap (cough cough I mean it's a great session beer). Perceptible hops, an okay malt body, and no gross aftertaste make this an excellent offering for the price, considering otherwise you'd be looking at Steel Reserve or something like that.

Definitely the best AAL.
Runs rings around Budweiser yet remains cheaper.
It's the only AAL that has a crisp finish, no funky-off flavors.
Best drunken from the can or bottle.
If lack of money forces you to the adjunct section of the beer fridge, always go with PBR.

These kinds of beers need their own scaling system, reviewed in the context of what they are (cheaper alternatives to craft) My rating reflects my opinion of it within it's market. Also would be pretty cool to see this beer hitting the "okay" mark on BeerAdvocate (it deserves it)

Cheers

It's America in a can! Grab a 40 of this stuff and sit around a good camp fire with friends. Cheap and delicious.

Incredible hop aroma balanced by a fantastic malt bill. Hints of delicious tropical fruits hand picked by god himself. This beer is best aged 5 years in a climate controlled cellar for best results. 5/5!!!

It won a blue ribbon.

The greatest beer at this price point.

I tried it for the first time last night. It's great. I'd always heard bad things about it, but, I love it. My new favorite beer!

PBR is the best domestic lager you can buy and it is $7.99 per 12er. Enough said.

Personally, I found it weird when my friends said that they wanted to funnel beer into their butts, but as a huge Howard Stern fan, I thought "if Richard Christie can identify beer through his ass, how hard can It be?" So I de-pants, my boy Dave held my legs behind my head as I lay on my back, and my other buddy, handsome mike, did the pouring. Just a little sip at first, as I didn't want to get too giggly. All I can say is "Yum!", very good mouth-feel, light but full-bodied, and refreshing - also not sticky! I think that this is the only way to drink this American Classic. Happy drinking, friends!

rating this from a 40oz bottle....due to movies like Gran Torino making this beer hip...that said 40oz bottle was $3.79 in Kokomo Indiana at Soupleys Liquors and they cant keep them on the shelves. the same bottle here in Durham NC is $1.89

oddly enough that same liquor store had 12oz cans x 6 for $5.29 but i wanted to try it from glass for a change and only 25 miles away...12.99 for a 30 pack??? Indiana is weird..they have extreme regional pricing schemes

easily the best "adjunct" lager sold in the US...can version rates slightly lower...like a 4+ because the can does add a bit of a metallic bite,which is NOT present in the 24 oz can...weird

I drink this when i want flavor and a slight hop bite, and since i moved to a better pricing area...its also fairly affordable here...10 bucks an 18 pack....highly recommended from the bottle or on tap.

Classic American full calorie lager

The best American mass produced lager bar none this is plain and simple beer on a budget that taste great with any grillin' food, goes down great when your mowing the lawn I always have a 30 block in my fridge and the best part about it is you can say you bought the beer and no one will drink your fridge empty because they all think Bud Lite taste better this is my everyday beer of choice.

The best American Lager out there! Leaps and bounds better than its competitors. Not as watery, more of a bite and a refreshing malty finish. PBR ME ASAP!...if you like Classic Beer you need not look further PBR will do the trick. Cool brand aesthetics also!!!!

The absolute best bang for the buck ever. Better than any of the mainstream American beers and less expensive. Frank Booth wasn't wrong!!

This beer comes straight from the gods. with the best flavor i have ever experienced . with a golden piss color pour, it keeps screaming back for more. with a amazing head that you cant beat.when it hits your lips its like getting a kiss from baby Jesus, i cant stop drinking it and i probably wont till my liver fails. ALL HAIL PBR!

nectar nectar nectar

Pabst Blue Ribbon is a straight ahead beer. When that's what you want, this gives you top of the line quality for that. It has a 'pure' refreshing light flavor, and sometimes that's exactly what I want. And it does it superbly.

It's a basic beer, what more can anyone say.
My body's senses indicate the ingredients are good.
Some cheap beers I don't get that sense, - with how my body responds.

Best beer for your money!

4.97/5  rDev +69.6%

I've had beer on the World Beer Tour & many great brews, but Pabst Blue Ribbon will always be my favorite beer. It's full of a yummy crisp taste with only the finest of hops & grains with a patriotic appearance, a genuine decent price in liquor establishments & when you drink it you can feel the pride of Milwaukee in your mouth.

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company