Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,980 | Reviews: 1,689

It won a blue ribbon.

The greatest beer at this price point.

I tried it for the first time last night. It's great. I'd always heard bad things about it, but, I love it. My new favorite beer!

PBR is the best domestic lager you can buy and it is $7.99 per 12er. Enough said.

Personally, I found it weird when my friends said that they wanted to funnel beer into their butts, but as a huge Howard Stern fan, I thought "if Richard Christie can identify beer through his ass, how hard can It be?" So I de-pants, my boy Dave held my legs behind my head as I lay on my back, and my other buddy, handsome mike, did the pouring. Just a little sip at first, as I didn't want to get too giggly. All I can say is "Yum!", very good mouth-feel, light but full-bodied, and refreshing - also not sticky! I think that this is the only way to drink this American Classic. Happy drinking, friends!

rating this from a 40oz bottle....due to movies like Gran Torino making this beer hip...that said 40oz bottle was $3.79 in Kokomo Indiana at Soupleys Liquors and they cant keep them on the shelves. the same bottle here in Durham NC is $1.89

oddly enough that same liquor store had 12oz cans x 6 for $5.29 but i wanted to try it from glass for a change and only 25 miles away...12.99 for a 30 pack??? Indiana is weird..they have extreme regional pricing schemes

easily the best "adjunct" lager sold in the US...can version rates slightly lower...like a 4+ because the can does add a bit of a metallic bite,which is NOT present in the 24 oz can...weird

I drink this when i want flavor and a slight hop bite, and since i moved to a better pricing area...its also fairly affordable here...10 bucks an 18 pack....highly recommended from the bottle or on tap.

Classic American full calorie lager

The best American mass produced lager bar none this is plain and simple beer on a budget that taste great with any grillin' food, goes down great when your mowing the lawn I always have a 30 block in my fridge and the best part about it is you can say you bought the beer and no one will drink your fridge empty because they all think Bud Lite taste better this is my everyday beer of choice.

The best American Lager out there! Leaps and bounds better than its competitors. Not as watery, more of a bite and a refreshing malty finish. PBR ME ASAP!...if you like Classic Beer you need not look further PBR will do the trick. Cool brand aesthetics also!!!!

The absolute best bang for the buck ever. Better than any of the mainstream American beers and less expensive. Frank Booth wasn't wrong!!

This beer comes straight from the gods. with the best flavor i have ever experienced . with a golden piss color pour, it keeps screaming back for more. with a amazing head that you cant beat.when it hits your lips its like getting a kiss from baby Jesus, i cant stop drinking it and i probably wont till my liver fails. ALL HAIL PBR!

nectar nectar nectar

Pabst Blue Ribbon is a straight ahead beer. When that's what you want, this gives you top of the line quality for that. It has a 'pure' refreshing light flavor, and sometimes that's exactly what I want. And it does it superbly.

It's a basic beer, what more can anyone say.
My body's senses indicate the ingredients are good.
Some cheap beers I don't get that sense, - with how my body responds.

Best beer for your money!

4.97/5  rDev +69.6%

I've had beer on the World Beer Tour & many great brews, but Pabst Blue Ribbon will always be my favorite beer. It's full of a yummy crisp taste with only the finest of hops & grains with a patriotic appearance, a genuine decent price in liquor establishments & when you drink it you can feel the pride of Milwaukee in your mouth.

4.85/5  rDev +65.5%

There is a reason its called blue ribbon!

True american taste, cheaper, and gets you the obliteration one craves.

Pale, bubbly, light yellowed redneck refreshment!

A million stars on my class chart.

No need to question the AWESOME!

All Hail D.B.S. (Death Before Sobriety)

4.84/5  rDev +65.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This beer actually tastes like BEER. Not some lousy, fruity elixir. I thoroughly enjoyed every sip of this beer and I have no doubt that, based on taste and price, that this beer will be one of my regular beer brands for decades to come. It had a very nice flavor, but it was in no way overpowering like some beers. I highly recommend this beer to anyone who likes the taste of beer and likes to save money.

4.79/5  rDev +63.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

honesty for the price, you cant beat it. Better than miller, bud light, Coors, and the others. Taste is some bitterness, smell is a bit grain like, and some hops. Nothing that would blow you're socks off. Pretty mild body. Nothing bad to say in the brew I had. You must give it try.

4.77/5  rDev +62.8%

What we've got here is a red, white and blue can of goodness. I remember 20 or so years ago I bought this in pounders out of fiscal necessity.

I thought it was great then and I stand up and shout out of the window to everyone still living in Benjamin Franklin Village(NOBODY) "I LOVE PBR"

Mannheim Germany

4.76/5  rDev +62.5%

Appearance - This is a gold-colored beer, very clear, bright white head

Smell - Smells of typical American adjunct - seems to be some corn adjunct in there.

Taste - Excellent, goes down easy, perhaps slightly watery, but excellent taste and a very session-able beer.

Drinkability - Absolutely Excellent. You could drink these all day and never get sick of them.

This is an exceptional American beer. Holds up extremely well against Budweiser, Coors, Miller and the like. If I had to pick between Pabst and them, I would choose PBR every time - based on just the taste; add in that it's usually a few bucks cheaper - even better. If you have never had PBR, you need to try it. MADE IN AMERICA - UNION MADE.

4.75/5  rDev +62.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great adjunct lager. Lite body, crisp, refreshing. For an AAL it does have a little more character than similar brands, not complex, just a little more character. Very drinkable or a great session beer, also a good burger, pizza, tacos beer etc. Compare with other more expensive beers and you will be pleasantly surprised.

4.7/5  rDev +60.4%

It's been over 30 years since I last drank a PBR.
Earlier this year I went to a get together for a person who was retiring and the pub had a PBR sign. I didn't know PBR was still being brewed! I asked for one and have been hooked ever since.
For the price this one of the best beers I have ever tried. I read it is brewed by Miller under contract. All I know is I have found my beer.

Appearance - Golden hue
Smell - Wonderful
Taste - Exceptional. Not too hoppy, which I like.
Drinkability - Goes down smooth

4.7/5  rDev +60.4%

Easy drinking smooth taste and priced right.

4.67/5  rDev +59.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Look you have to put everything in perspective. Obviously this is not the high quality handcrafted beer you would expect from this rating, however when compared to all in it's class this is far superior.

I find the best way to enjoy this beer is can poured into a glass. The appearance is a little nicer than most American style Lagers. Smell is a little grassy but it's not bad at all it's really kind of pleasant and refreshing scent not as skunky as most in it's class. The taste is very surprising with it being very crisp. You can pick up some grain but not overpowering. Very drinkable and no horrible after taste...the mouth feel is better than typical without the carbonation ruining your taste buds for the duration of the session. I think it's the best in it's class, definitely very drinkable, I liked it!

4.66/5  rDev +59%