Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros

jboles5472, Dec 25, 2011

I feel a sense of pride when I drink this beer.This is a classic american lager that I hold close to my heart so it is going to be hard to say anything negative about this beer,My cousin and I used to sneak this brew from my grandmother's fridge when we were just 11 or 12 and take it to the woods and drink them for my first ever buzz.Great beer Great price it pours an appealing light gold color It smells like sweet corn and malt.It taste like liquid gold.The mouthfeel is a little sub par but not enough to complain.The drinkability is unsurpassable but hey I'm biased.

pabstblue78, Oct 01, 2009

vwbus7, Jun 26, 2014

chrisjelliott, Dec 29, 2011

Golden clean color in the glass and smells like a good cold crisp PBR should. It tastes like a good day on the river or getting face shots with ur bros and the mouthfeel is thirst quenching and refreshing. Overall its the best cheap canned beer you can buy and the can says nothin but freedom!

MTfish, Oct 17, 2013

Pabst Blue Ribbon. Where can I start? I have so many good memories with this beer. I lived in Albuquerque for a little while and we used to go down town to this Punk Rock bar named the Atomic Cantina. They had $1 sixteen ounce cans all day every day. Great way to start a night of bar hopping.
As usual, I review beers based on style but also reality.
Pabst is great clean American beer.

Nothing fancy here. Lighter than Budweiser, cleaner than Miller and Coors. Tastes like cold, clean, crisp goodness. Okay this is not a "beer snob" type of beer. It's not even my favourite beer either. But every once in a while I will choose this over ANY beer of ANY style. Usually when I'm broke, LOL... But that's besides the point.

Pours light golden in colour.
Smells like cereal grains and sweet malty overall
Smells very neutral. Slightly sweet.
Tastes clean and crisp. Dry beer before it was popular.

This is a classic. And I highly doubt it will ever go out of style or production.

TexasRedskinFan, Aug 30, 2013

brodypb_14, Jun 17, 2014

Nathan103, Aug 19, 2014

jnoelani, Jun 16, 2012

samdelira, Mar 07, 2014

cjvh9, Jun 18, 2014

Reviewed for what it is, this is perfect. It's the best American adjunct by far in my opinion; far beyond Bud and its ilk. It's nothing when compared to craft beers, of course, but at $3.19 per 4-pack of 16 oz. tall boys, this is my go-to when I want to get messed up for cheap (cough cough I mean it's a great session beer). Perceptible hops, an okay malt body, and no gross aftertaste make this an excellent offering for the price, considering otherwise you'd be looking at Steel Reserve or something like that.

SkullFission, Aug 27, 2014

Definitely the best AAL.
Runs rings around Budweiser yet remains cheaper.
It's the only AAL that has a crisp finish, no funky-off flavors.
Best drunken from the can or bottle.
If lack of money forces you to the adjunct section of the beer fridge, always go with PBR.

These kinds of beers need their own scaling system, reviewed in the context of what they are (cheaper alternatives to craft) My rating reflects my opinion of it within it's market. Also would be pretty cool to see this beer hitting the "okay" mark on BeerAdvocate (it deserves it)

Cheers

JamesCornman, Aug 08, 2014

docedoce7, Dec 11, 2011

sevenshubby, Jul 24, 2012

MANICMECHANIC, Jul 28, 2012

I tried it for the first time last night. It's great. I'd always heard bad things about it, but, I love it. My new favorite beer!

beerlover1990, Jul 28, 2014