Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 4,841 | Reviews: 1,619

My dads beer of choice. good stuff.

Reviewed for what it is, this is perfect. It's the best American adjunct by far in my opinion; far beyond Bud and its ilk. It's nothing when compared to craft beers, of course, but at $3.19 per 4-pack of 16 oz. tall boys, this is my go-to when I want to get messed up for cheap (cough cough I mean it's a great session beer). Perceptible hops, an okay malt body, and no gross aftertaste make this an excellent offering for the price, considering otherwise you'd be looking at Steel Reserve or something like that.

Definitely the best AAL.
Runs rings around Budweiser yet remains cheaper.
It's the only AAL that has a crisp finish, no funky-off flavors.
Best drunken from the can or bottle.
If lack of money forces you to the adjunct section of the beer fridge, always go with PBR.

These kinds of beers need their own scaling system, reviewed in the context of what they are (cheaper alternatives to craft) My rating reflects my opinion of it within it's market. Also would be pretty cool to see this beer hitting the "okay" mark on BeerAdvocate (it deserves it)

Cheers

It won a blue ribbon.

The greatest beer at this price point.

I tried it for the first time last night. It's great. I'd always heard bad things about it, but, I love it. My new favorite beer!

PBR is the best domestic lager you can buy and it is $7.99 per 12er. Enough said.

Personally, I found it weird when my friends said that they wanted to funnel beer into their butts, but as a huge Howard Stern fan, I thought "if Richard Christie can identify beer through his ass, how hard can It be?" So I de-pants, my boy Dave held my legs behind my head as I lay on my back, and my other buddy, handsome mike, did the pouring. Just a little sip at first, as I didn't want to get too giggly. All I can say is "Yum!", very good mouth-feel, light but full-bodied, and refreshing - also not sticky! I think that this is the only way to drink this American Classic. Happy drinking, friends!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company