Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros

Jamiepl, Jul 30, 2012

AlCzerik, Jul 30, 2012
Photo of
3.5/5  rDev +19%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

, Jul 30, 2012
3.25/5  rDev +10.5%

Giantspace, Jul 29, 2012

SlaughteredWolf, Jul 29, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -49%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I see that the reviewers gave PBR a 72 rating & the Bros an 80 rating. And the reviewers gave Beck's a 67 rating & the Bros a 62 rating. Are you all nuts?!! Beck's now may be owned by InBev & brewed in St. Louis, MO. But I recently called Beck's brewmaster & he assured me that they were still brewing to the German Purity Law, which means they're only using water, barley malt, hops & yeast. I'm sure Pabst isn't doing the same. I know why all of you are rating Pabst higher than Beck's. It has nothing to do with PBR's quality. Rather, it's the "pseudo-hipster's" rating, i.e. "PBR is 'cooler' than Beck's because it doesn't advertise & has the patriotic U.S. colors of red, white & blue." C'mon everyone - get real. No way is PBR better tasting than Beck's. And no, I don't work for Beck's & I'm not German. However, I've brewed my own beers & know a bit of what I'm talking about.

Polecat41, Jul 28, 2012

OBMM1, Jul 28, 2012

MANICMECHANIC, Jul 28, 2012

BigTrubble, Jul 28, 2012

shade13, Jul 27, 2012

bergdj, Jul 26, 2012
2.43/5  rDev -17.3%

A clear light straw colored brew, a low white head with no lacing and small curtains.

Smelling of corn flakes and boiled maize.

Sweet white bread, maize and a dash of lemon.

Little carbonation, fresh and a small body, slightly dry.

A rather run-of-the-mill American lager.

rarbring, Jul 24, 2012

2.75/5  rDev -6.5%

CN1234, Jul 22, 2012

eseemiller, Jul 21, 2012
3.38/5  rDev +15%

Overall, this is among my favorite cheap beers. As a recent college graduate, I have had my share of these low end brews and I have found that this has much more flavor than many of the other macro brand names. With higher income comes better beers, but I will will always look to this beer with a certain fondness.

JZ77, Jul 21, 2012

ktanner99, Jul 21, 2012

rating this from a 40oz bottle....due to movies like Gran Torino making this beer hip...that said 40oz bottle was $3.79 in Kokomo Indiana at Soupleys Liquors and they cant keep them on the shelves. the same bottle here in Durham NC is $1.89

oddly enough that same liquor store had 12oz cans x 6 for $5.29 but i wanted to try it from glass for a change and only 25 miles away...12.99 for a 30 pack??? Indiana is weird..they have extreme regional pricing schemes

easily the best "adjunct" lager sold in the US...can version rates slightly lower...like a 4+ because the can does add a bit of a metallic bite,which is NOT present in the 24 oz can...weird

I drink this when i want flavor and a slight hop bite, and since i moved to a better pricing area...its also fairly affordable here...10 bucks an 18 pack....highly recommended from the bottle or on tap.

netrioter, Jul 20, 2012
4.8/5  rDev +63.3%

What we've got here is a red, white and blue can of goodness. I remember 20 or so years ago I bought this in pounders out of fiscal necessity.

I thought it was great then and I stand up and shout out of the window to everyone still living in Benjamin Franklin Village(NOBODY) "I LOVE PBR"

Mannheim Germany