Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros

Definitely the best AAL.
Runs rings around Budweiser yet remains cheaper.
It's the only AAL that has a crisp finish, no funky-off flavors.
Best drunken from the can or bottle.
If lack of money forces you to the adjunct section of the beer fridge, always go with PBR.

These kinds of beers need their own scaling system, reviewed in the context of what they are (cheaper alternatives to craft) My rating reflects my opinion of it within it's market. Also would be pretty cool to see this beer hitting the "okay" mark on BeerAdvocate (it deserves it)

Cheers

I tried it for the first time last night. It's great. I'd always heard bad things about it, but, I love it. My new favorite beer!

Personally, I found it weird when my friends said that they wanted to funnel beer into their butts, but as a huge Howard Stern fan, I thought "if Richard Christie can identify beer through his ass, how hard can It be?" So I de-pants, my boy Dave held my legs behind my head as I lay on my back, and my other buddy, handsome mike, did the pouring. Just a little sip at first, as I didn't want to get too giggly. All I can say is "Yum!", very good mouth-feel, light but full-bodied, and refreshing - also not sticky! I think that this is the only way to drink this American Classic. Happy drinking, friends!

rating this from a 40oz bottle....due to movies like Gran Torino making this beer hip...that said 40oz bottle was $3.79 in Kokomo Indiana at Soupleys Liquors and they cant keep them on the shelves. the same bottle here in Durham NC is $1.89

oddly enough that same liquor store had 12oz cans x 6 for $5.29 but i wanted to try it from glass for a change and only 25 miles away...12.99 for a 30 pack??? Indiana is weird..they have extreme regional pricing schemes

easily the best "adjunct" lager sold in the US...can version rates slightly lower...like a 4+ because the can does add a bit of a metallic bite,which is NOT present in the 24 oz can...weird

I drink this when i want flavor and a slight hop bite, and since i moved to a better pricing area...its also fairly affordable here...10 bucks an 18 pack....highly recommended from the bottle or on tap.

Classic American full calorie lager

The best American mass produced lager bar none this is plain and simple beer on a budget that taste great with any grillin' food, goes down great when your mowing the lawn I always have a 30 block in my fridge and the best part about it is you can say you bought the beer and no one will drink your fridge empty because they all think Bud Lite taste better this is my everyday beer of choice.

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) from Pabst Brewing Company