Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR)

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.74% ABV

- ABV% 4.74
- Calories 144

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-24-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR) Alström Bros
1.75/5  rDev -40.5%

1.25/5  rDev -57.5%

PBR out a 40oz bottle for $3, not because my local 7-11 wanted to appeal to an "urban" demographic but because of the percentage of privileged white hipsters around here wanting to act like the urban demographic, if you catch my drift. Poured into a pint glass that used to hold a better beer. The first glass kind of tasted like the IPA I was drinking before I got too drunk to taste things and switched to the Nectar of the Gods. It's Monday, by the way, and yes, I am a lazy college student. This ish is pure Americana, which is to say that it's owned by international businesses and produced as cheaply as possible out of genetically modified ingredients. I fucking love it. Cheap, gets me kinda buzzed with 4.7(?)ish percent ABV and it's really not too bad tasting if you chill it a lot and pour it into a Kolsch glass/narrow-mouthed mug to concentrate the very mild hop nose it bears, and to distract from the corn/rice/whatever the hell adjunct grains they are putting in it. It's either the kind of beer you should drink after you polish off the good shit, or it is the good shit if you are impoverished. PBR is a timeless, shite drink that I imagine average Joes will quaff until the end of time. I anticipate talking to my grandkids about the times I've had with this beer and inadvertently turning them into Pabst-swilling lushes like myself.

P.S. Yes, I do live in Portland. I am a walking stereotype, so fucking sue me.

3.5/5  rDev +19%

3.7/5  rDev +25.9%

This is my go to beer. I try a bunch of beers and always come back to PBR. Its already one of the better AAL's out there. The mouthfeel is decent, it's not strong and does the job. no chemical taste or weird flavors. It's on par with Budweiser and you get a free 6 pack for the same price. Can't say anything bad about Pabst.

2.25/5  rDev -23.5%