Ballantine India Pale Ale - Pabst Brewing Company

Ballantine India Pale AleBallantine India Pale Ale

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

750ml bottles are limited release but 12oz and draft are year-round.

70 IBUs

(Beer added by: puboflyons on 08-21-2014)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Ballantine India Pale Ale Alström Bros

Have been awaiting the return of Ballantine IPA for over 15 years.
I scored my last two cases of Fort Wayne brewed Ballantine at a distributor in
Lancaster PA in 1997. At that time it was a well balanced blend of malty on the sip, and hoppy
in the finish. What most craft brewers haven't learned is that loading up a pale ale with cascade
hops does NOT an IPA make.

The 2014 reincarnation of Ballantine IPA, brewed on contract at the Cold Spring (MN) brewery.
does not disappoint. While my initial impression on 8/21, two days after the south-eastern PA
release date was that it is considerably more hoppy than the Falstaff version, the press on the
beer is that the brewer is reaching back for the pre-1971 Ballantine version. A hard task as
Ballantine aged the ale "in the wood" for a year before sale.

I sampled the 12oz bottle, the label states it to be 7.2% and 70 IBU
Impressive for a national brewer, but exactly where an IPA should be.
The beer poured with a dense light-tan head, with a deep amber color.
Great hop aroma immediately on opening the bottle - possibly attributable to the hop oil
used in the fermentation. Used by Ballantine in the past, but uncommon today.
Ballantine was known to have their own in house distillery for making hop oil.

Despite being hoppier than the long-sought Falstaff version, this is an outstanding IPA.
with a long history behind it. Truly what an IPA should be,
and will have a permanent place in my beer fridge.

LawrenceHandy, Aug 24, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +22.7%

I've been an Ale and IPA drinker for a long time and drank a LOT of Ballantine IPA back in the day. I was surprised to see it's made a comeback and afraid I'd be disappointed with this new stuff. Not so.

This beer defines the difference between East Coast and West Coast IPA's. A Stone IPA will serve honorably as a West Coast representative, the new Ballantine IPA as an East Coast one. I will cheerfully enjoy either type- a pint of top-notch beer is a treat no matter who brewed it or where.

The difference is, in my opinion, the presentation. A West Coast IPA tends to taste clean, citrusy, refreshing and bitter. It tries not to overwhelm the senses. It tastes balanced and always well made but it to me, it always seems just a bit too tame.

An East Coast IPA, and Ballantine will serve as a fine example, is a BIG beer- laden with mouth-feel, bursting with malt and hops and oak flavors and a long, lingering finish that will belie its mere 70 IBU's. It is an intense beer, one that will challenge the tastes of many. It is not polite. It's flavors are almost defiant- a huge nose with hops and malt struggling for control, a bit of oak, just the right carbonation and an insanely long finish worthy of any hop-head.

As I write, I am switching between Victory HopDevil and Ballantine. The Victory IPA is superb. But it isn't Ballantine. Somehow, the new brewers have managed to recapture the essence that made Ballantine not only America's first IPA, but also, for my money, its best.

THIS is the same stuff I used to drink all those long years ago. This is the real IPA. I've had many dozens of IPA's, some of which were outstanding. None matches this, the legitimate rebirth of a legend.

The only factor keeping it from my giving it a perfect score is that I cannot procure it for free, otherwise it would receive a 5.00.

Prytan, Oct 02, 2014
4.95/5  rDev +27.9%

750ml bottle ($7.99 retail in NJ), sampled 8/22/14

A new interpretation of an old classic, arguably one of the most famous (probably _the_ most famous) IPA ever produced in the USA.

Packaging: The bottle I purchased is a 750ml bottle with a slightly updated version of Ballantine's original India Pale label (used from the 1930s through the '70s).
The dark green pry-off cap features the classic 3-ring trademark.
Product is also available in a very attractively designed 6-pack of amber longneck bottles.

Visual: Bright, clear medium amber/copper color, with a tight and persistent slightly off-white head.

Aroma: Dry hop/hop oil aroma immediately present.

Tasting: Slight hint of malt, with a significant and lingering hop bitterness; some 'green' hop flavor notes, but not overwhelming enough to detract. Sampled both at average refrigerator temps as well as at cellar temperature. Like many well hopped brews, it was much more flavorful at the warmer temperature.
While this began as a recreation of the classic product, it is (according to publicity for the brew) actually more of an 'interpretation' of what the original Ballantine company might have come up with today. A faithful re-creation was not possible since the original formula(s) for this old classic were lost (the original company folded in 1972).

As a result, certain aspects of the product are _quite_ different from the original; this new rendition is slightly lighter in color (the original had a moderately deeper copper hue); the overall hop 'character' is significantly different (although the bitterness level seems to be pretty much spot-on); and while there is definitely a hop aroma present (accomplished with a combination of dry hopping and distilled hop oil like the original), here, it is at a somewhat more subdued level than the original.
Another significant difference is that the original was long aged prior to release (traditional for the IPA style, but rarely done these days).

Having said all of that, this brew is a very fine effort and even if it more resembles other modern interpretations of the IPA style that have cropped up in the last 25 years or so, the current owners of the brand and their brewmaster deserve props for coming up with a product worthy of the legacy and rich history of what is definitely an American classic (and which more than a few brewers have declared as their benchmark for IPA).

Judging this beer on it's own merits without comparison to the legendary original (but giving a nostalgic nod to the original), this gets a high score from me.
I hope it survives past what I'm sure is currently a test marketing phase.
The product deserves some attention.

LuskusDelph, Aug 23, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Had this on 2014-10-21 in Columbia, PA from a bottle with a produced on date of 2014-10-05 so it was very fresh.

A - Pretty clear dark orange with a 3-finger off-white head and really good lace.

S - Lots of pine, oak and hop bud floral that's lightly dank. Some sweet aspects with a bit of citrus flesh and grain.

T - Hop forward with lots of pine and orange flesh, then a goodly-amount of lightly roasted grain sweetness with some caramel. Nice touch of oak tannin and no vegetal taste at all; probably due to the use of hop oil for bitterness. Finish includes pine, oak tannin, orange zest, light caramel and good-but-balanced lingering bitterness.

M - Medium body and light medium carbonation. Substantial, resinous and a bit prickly. Dries nicely.

O - I really enjoyed this beer. The malt/hop/feel balance is reminiscent of a Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere although this is brasher. I first had Ballantine IPA in North Jersey as a teenager in 1971-72. It was still being brewed in Newark, NJ. At the time, I remarked to my friends how different it was from the other brews we'd score on occasion. I didn't know how to describe the taste way back then other than it really tasted like pine needles. This is reasonably close to how I remember it tasting; particularly with the pine, oak and bitterness. I don't recall as much citrus in the taste or dankness in the aroma from back then but I think these are improvements. My first sensory reaction when tasting this was one of familiarity; long-lost familiarity. I'm glad this is available and in an unusual move on my part; I'm going to up the overall rating by .25 just because the familiarity really hits me where I live.

Tucquan, Oct 24, 2014
4.29/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Bottle purchased at Nathaniel Square Corner Store in Rochester, NY.

Pours a dark-ish copper, with a nice, healthy 1.5 inch head, and a really solid amount of webby lacing.

Smells quite brash and awesome, intense pine resin and oak, some grass, and toasted bread.

The coolest thing about this one is that it comes out in a time of IPAs that are very different from this one. This is intensely hoppy, and almost searingly bitter- with none of the citrus flavors found in the modern IPA. There's some really bitter oak, almost like tree bark, and it's dripping with dry pine resin. This beer is intensely dry, with maybe the slightest kiss of grapefruit rind. The malt character is pretty full, but adds to the bitterness. There's bitter bread and rye flavors.

This one is medium bodied, with no alcohol presence, and a full, crisp, and intensely dry mouthfeel. Very drinkable, however.

I am floored by how good this is. It's super cool that they brought this back for modern craft beer geeks. I'm also floored that somebody made by Pabst could taste this good.

GreesyFizeek, Oct 22, 2014
3.68/5  rDev -4.9%

Beautiful, strong snow white head with excellent retention and tons of spider-webbed lacing. Brew is a light copper, slightly hazy, translucent, and bubbly. Honestly, I couldn't expect any beer to look better.

Light hoppy aroma. Earthy, herbal, floral, with light, dry citrus peel and pith. Plenty of caramel and pale malt aroma, as well. A surprisingly old-school IPA aroma (no pun intended). Slightly stale caramel malt presence; at a month and a half old, it shouldn't be precisely stale.

Everything in the aroma - good and bad - is passed on to the flavor. Slightly stale caramel flavor up front, which is quickly washed over by nice waves of bitter hops: grapefruit, peel, and floral. Very bitter brew.

Extremely lively brew, moderate but not unpleasant sting, very drinkable, dry effervescence but a long lingering hop oil presence.

This might be a better IPA if it were fresher, but it's not quite old enough to be stale. It's remarkably bitter, and carries that through with a very traditional balance of old hops and classic malts. I would like to try it fresher (or on tap, for that matter), but I really enjoyed the beer for what it is.

Roguer, Sep 20, 2014
4.38/5  rDev +13.2%

Mixed trepidations, here. On the one hand, I've always had a weird thing for Ballantine. Like, for its semiotics. I've barely ever had the beer, and it was always barely better than Pabst (I swear the stuff I just drank tasted different from the stuff I drank circa 05, tasted better, but who knows). The brand is gorgeous. The fact that it's taken so long for it to see a beer geek-aimed revival is a shocking testament to how badly Pabst misunderstands the contemporary beer scene.

So I heard they were bringing this back and I nearly crapped me'self. The threads announcing its return were full of all sorts of bad forebodings, entirely new recipe, not wood aged, yada yada. Who cares. I wasn't old enough to drink back when they made this. I was not even alive back during its most desirable incarnations. Who needs historical consistency when you got logos? That shit looks like patent medicine. A-and they sponsored old timey baseball teams!

But then, the scariest revelation: this is brewed in Cold Springs, MN. That's the country's second worst brewery right? Not as bad as Minhas, but good god they've produced some undrinkable shit.

So even though I was excited to see a bomber of this, I hesitated at its 6.99 pricetag. Which, really, ain't that bad, but goodness. Cold Springs? You ever have their Colonel Pub Pints Hefe? Like drinking clove-flavored Raid.

This pours pretty. Dark amber, billowing white mountain of a head that settles down into a respectable cap. Smells like hop oil, I guess? I don't really know what hop oil smells like. Floral with high acid. Big hops, yes, but it doesn't come across exaggerated. Plus the profile is very light on the citrus, meaning it tastes like a pre-07 hoppy beer, meaning it's a welcome change of pace.

Tastes very good. The hops are almost syrupy, which is like the exact opposite of every other double IPA, where the malt has a syrupy consistency that stains the back of your mouth. This is green hops up front, a mellow middle that's straight up English Pale malt, and then ending on a big kiss of more American hop syrup.

Noice.

mynie, Sep 08, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +16.3%

No gimmick. On par with meantime's IPA as an exemplar of an Atlantic version of the style. Minus .5 because there's no rebus on the cap.

tjdrewry, Yesterday at 12:27 AM
3.88/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Fantastic re-surrection.

A: Big golden amber w large foamy off-white head that fades slowly and leaves a thick lace.

S: The aroma is too faint. It's caramel malts, floral hops and citrus.

T: Follows smell, starts out sweet with flavors of caramel, flowers, and citrus. Earthy hops bitterness is next in a nice see-saw balance.

M: Very creamy and smooth, medium to fuller body, sticky. Nice

O: Fantastic re-make. Would buy this regularly. Bring on the cans. My Dad's go-to beer, formerly brewed in Newark NJ.

Act25, Nov 21, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +22.7%

My remarks would be very similar to those of LuskusDelph of Aug 23. On its own merits, this is very high quality. However, I agree with him that the hop taste seems significantly different than Ballantine IPA as made until the 1990's and especially in the 70's. That beer was more like "autumn leaves", more earthy and stemmy/woody which I think was from Bullion and Northern Brewer or another of the older-style hops.

The new one has a zesty grapefruity nose and taste and reminds me a lot of a typical APA, like a supercharged version of that - or a typical craft IPA which is kinda saying the same thing. It doesn't taste oaky in any way although apparently it gets a wood treatment of some kind.

To me, Pabst missed an opportunity because the beer as I remember it was more like some kinds of British pale ale or best bitter. A 70 IBU example of that style made in America would be a great addition to today's scene. Still though, I wish the company well with what they decided to do and it is good to see the name Ballantine India Pale Ale in the market again.

Hodgson, Nov 18, 2014
3.86/5  rDev -0.3%

Pours hazy amber/copper color with a lot of tiny sediment floating in it and a thick foamy 2 finger beige head that was full of bubbles, fading very slowly, leaving great foamy lacing rings and a thick layer on top. Smells of orange peel, grapefruit, citrus hops, biscuit, caramel, earthy notes and floral hop spices. The hop aroma was strong and in command, but not dank like a wet hop nor very spicy, but it still smells like a nice IPA. Tastes of citrus hops and graham cracker up front, with light grapefruit, biscuit, tea leaf, pepper, toasted grains, caramel, earthy notes like peat moss or dry tree leaf, and floral hops or dry hay. More spices and malt in the flavor with malty dry notes like burnt toast coming through and an odd lemon or orange sweetness that trails off on the dry side. Pretty smooth as this brew masks the ABV completely, it has a medium body, average carbonation and enough flavor to go down easy. A tad bit maltier than I was hoping for, but still a nice second act for a classic American IPA.

CHickman, Nov 08, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +9.8%

Super excited to try this beer long out of retirement. Paid 2.50 for the single at carnivores but I can get bottles for 11 dollars a sixer.

A - In the glass chock full of carbonation giving it well over an inch of head that dissipates to a good lace ring this beer is unfiltered with a hazy copper amber color.
S - Nice malt to hop presence in the smell possibly from the hop oils?
T - This beer is smooth with a great herbal bitterness, smooth crystal malts, and a touch of sweet malt in the finish.
M - Drinks well like light to medium. I could chug it but prefer to sip.

Overall I am amazed since my brother likes it and he only drinks Yingz. May need to find more of this.

DrDemento456, Nov 06, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +16.3%

Did not expect this! World class.

budbear, Nov 06, 2014
3.93/5  rDev +1.6%

I truly believe that the mass production of this beer has effected it's rating. This is a good IPA. It has a hoppy, bitter twist that was balanced and enjoyable. I would purchase this again.

Bottom Line: Solid Effort!

themind, Nov 05, 2014
3.74/5  rDev -3.4%

A: Bright. Light amber. Plenty of carbonation. Large off white fluffy head with great
retention and sticky lacing.

S: Light tropical fruits and malts. Not much here.

T/M: Pine. Grapefruit. Hops. Bitter. Malt sweetness. Zesty tingle. Tropical hop flavors.
Well balanced with a medium body and just a slight alcohol feel.

O: The original IPA. Great tasting hoppy ale. It can't compete with the new class of hop
bombs, but It can however stay right with most other IPA's.

Cheers!!

mnrider, Nov 05, 2014
4.78/5  rDev +23.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I had been looking forward to trying this beer ever since I heard the news that they were reviving the Ballantine IPA brand using a recipe as close to the original as they could. Obviously the way the IPA is brewed is different from how it used to be (aging it in oak aside), but I certainly admire the attempt to get back to the basics of what an IPA should be. I was lucky to find a case at one of my local distributers and opened a bottle, pouring it into a pint glass.

Visual: A nice, dark amber color, topped by a two-finger width head.

Aroma: The hops hits you right away, but not in an overpowering manner. I admired the slightly oaken smell that tries to approach the essence of the original.

Taste: This is a bitter IPA, but that's the way it's supposed to be. Another commenter mentioned that eastern IPAs are meant to be in your face, and I agree. There is nothing apologetic about its flavor, and that's what I liked about it. I was drinking my Ballantine at an Asian restaurant with some pretty spicy Indo Mien. I thought the two complimented each other quite well, actually.

Mouth: I like the hop and malt feel, and the aftertaste lingers well, not in a bad way at all. Definitely a good IPA.

Overall: I really wanted to get my hands on Ballantine IPA, and it definitely does not disappoint. I was worried that it would not live up to my expectations, and I'm glad I was proven wrong. It's IPA at its best. Now if only I can get it on draft...

Doctor_Bogenbroom, Nov 04, 2014
4.26/5  rDev +10.1%

(no dates on the bottle - poured into a tulip pint)

L: pretty butterscotch hue to the liquid, relatively clear... finger-width stand of off-white foam slowly recedes, leaving its snail trail clinging to the glass... nice thick bands of lace

S: kinda like a run-of-the-mill, textbook West Coast IPA... lemon and orange zest, fresh flowers in summertime... faint, dry, black peppery note with a touch of tobacco and a hint of medicinal alcohol (akin to, but certainly not just like, mouthwash)... overall, smells fresh and inviting and strangely vintage

T: a bit dry and lightly toasty with a subtle leathery, dinner-roll crust flavor in the finish... orange pulp and lemon oil emerge in the aftertaste - rather vibrant and almost tangible... the pale malt somehow climbs up in the back through the middle of the fruity hop wash... just the right amount and coverage of bright, spicy bitterness... i'd say the overall character draws from both current American and English baseline interpretations

M: really darn smooth... pillowy-soft flow with some fray and fuzz on the surface... somewhat filling on the outset through the mid-point, but it falls away and flattens out well enough

O: whether or not this sticks out of the pack much flavor-wise is somewhat irrelevant here... this, first and foremost, is a fantastically engineered IPA - arguably elegant and refined, with a beginning, middle, and end... it's just neat to drink a Ballantine IPA and, sure, I'd drink this again... good stuff

Bouleboubier, Nov 02, 2014
4.05/5  rDev +4.7%

Poured with a short white foam that maintained a steady thick cap throughout. Started with very active carbonation migrating upward through the viscous, copper orangeness. A combination of herbal and pine hop aromas up front with bready malt followed by fresh mint notes. Medium bodied, malty feel, with rich carbonation through the middle that transitions to a tangy, crisp feel toward the end. Bready malt flavor throughout. Herbal hop bitterness up front with a tangy bite in the middle. Herbal flavors transition to a hint of mint and then slowly to pine hop bitterness to the end. Finished semi-dryly with a long lingering pine hop bitterness.

IronLover, Nov 01, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

Drank 1 straight out of the bottle.

Strong pine hop aroma and flavor but different from some West Coast IPA's where citrus/grapefruit hops are overly dominant. There is also a discernible malt presence that brings a nice balance - definitely not to the point of an English IPA (Ballantine is much more in your face), but just a bit more than the typical American IPA. The 7.2 ABV is masked well with only the slightest hint of alcohol. Linger dry bitter aftertaste.

1/1

theh3rbalist, Nov 01, 2014
4.2/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Ballantine India Pale Ale
12 oz. brown glass bottle, "Packaged on 08/27/14 1726"
$1.99 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

There's been a lot of hype surrounding this beer, as well as a massive advertising campaign, and although I was optimistic about it, I also feared that it might fail to deliver - it does not.

One of the things that excited me most about it was the idea that it would be aged in oak. Well, of course, we know that's not true, but there is an oak component to it. I'm going to assume that they're adding oak staves to it during conditioning. Regardless, for a big brewer to do that is a bit exciting in itself.

It looks great in the glass with a mostly clear copper body beneath a huge head of fluffy off-white froth. More impressive are the thick rings and broken walls of lace that remain behind, and hold.

The aroma is hoppy, as would be expected, but there's also a bit of malt to it. The hops are citrusy and gently piney, which is certainly not historically accurate, but they're also floral and a bit grassy. I find lavender and a touch of wood, but I think the woodiness is coming from oak, and not hops. It's bright and welcoming.

The flavor delivers a rich malt base that's more than full enough to handle the hops, both in flavor and bitterness, with it's grainy, biscuity, and caramelish character. Some yeasty fruitiness is present as well, mainly delivering apple, but there's more to it as well. As is the case with many citrus-hopped ales, it's a bit hard to determine what fruitiness is coming from where. In all, I find apple, pear, a bit of orange marmalade, subtle melon or papaya, and a light touch of grape as well as the usual pineapple, grapefruit, pine, mint, and spiciness... there's even some black pepper. Are there actually 70 IBUs as listed on the label? Absolutely. A bold bitterness centers it. It's fruity and floral at the front of the mouth, immediately followed by the wide maltiness, and then it finishes dry and lingering with a bit of grassiness, leafiness, spiciness, and dusty oak. They've really gone all out on this. It's full flavored, rich, and surprisingly well-balanced.

In the mouth it's decidedly medium bodies, and creamy across the palate with a fine-bubbled, median carbonation that softens as you go.

The big brewers have been making some very good beers for a long time now, but with the exception of some smaller or limited releases, I don't think they've really reached this plateau.

NeroFiddled, Oct 30, 2014
3.73/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a bright golden brown color, with a large foamy off-white head that fades slowly and leaves a thick lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is faint but contains caramelized malts, floral hops and some citrus.

T: The taste starts out sweet with flavors of caramel and citrus. Then a decently strong, earthy hops bitterness comes in. The malt character is hearty and brings a good balance. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and smooth, medium body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: Tasty, goes down easily, not too filling, decent kick, good representation of style, this is a solid IPA to drink for a while.

TheManiacalOne, Oct 30, 2014
4.28/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a shaker pint.
Beautiful golden amber body with a cloud like fluffy white head that left tons of chunky lacing in the glass.
Plenty of pine and a tangerine-citrus aroma.
Very balanced in flavor; pine and bitter hop flavor followed with a sweet maltiness on the end.
Nice amount of carbonation and hops to coat the tongue and leave you wanting to drink more and more.
Overall a great beer! If this is the original recipe, then they sure did have a great beer on their hands back then, and we are lucky to have it now as well!

jhartley, Oct 28, 2014
3.75/5  rDev -3.1%

Pours a dark orange color with a 1/2" head. Some lace develops. The aroma is floral and fruity. Caramel, citrus, and a decent bitterness is most notable in flavor profile. Crisp throughout and nicely refreshing. A suprisingly decent beer.

Gavage, Oct 26, 2014

Notes from 10/13/14

A - 3 fingers of bubbly off-white head. Dissipates into a rolling head with great retention and lacing. Hazy marmalade colored body.

S - Mild citrus and pine notes. Sweet orange-like maltiness.

T - Citrus notes (sweet orange slices and tart lemon with the rind). Slight bready malt and candied fruit. Finishes with some pine and citrus bitterness.

M - Pretty smooth to start, but the middle is highly carbonated. Nice bitter finish that isn't overwhelming.

O - Really enjoyed this one. Could be an everyday IPA for me.

AirBob, Oct 19, 2014
4.43/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

10/16/2014, 12oz bottle purchased at Whole Foods on Houston Street, NYC. Hard pour into my St-Ambroise imperial pint reveals four (insane!) fingers of light tan foam, with the cap turning rocky as I sip. Aroma is hoppy with faint malt highlights. Medium copper color, gorgeous to behold. Taste is hop-forward with a bitterness unlike any beer I've had before; this is not a piney or grapefruity West Coast IPA, rather, its an English IPA (on steroids, perhaps), with firm malt dancing in the shadows. Medium mouthfeel. Heavy lacing down the glass; this is a superb beer. Glad I have the rest of the sixer to kick back with over the weekend. So Pabst, what else do you have up your sleeve?

matthiasbrau, Oct 17, 2014