Lone Star Beer - Pabst Brewing Company

awful

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.65% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 10-19-2001

- Lone Star Beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest with hearty grains from the Central and Northern Plains. Malted barley and corn extract combine to provide Lone Star with nature's finest ingredients for brewing. Lone Star's ingredients give this beer its full natural flavor. The choicest hops lend complexity and aroma to this beer, and its proprietary mashing regimen creates the perfect balance of alcohol, body, and character.
- ABV% 4.65
- Calories 136
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lone Star Beer Alström Bros
Ratings: 671 | Reviews: 218

Great session beer...reminds me of PBR. Two bottles with lunch at the Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah!

3.4/5  rDev +37.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Wait, wait, not that bad....

1.49/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This was my first texas beer it took me back to the steal beer from the parents fridge and poor college days. Just a turr ible beer.

3.5/5  rDev +41.7%

Exactly what I expected From this beer

2.77/5  rDev +12.1%

Say what you want. It's exactly what it claims. A decent honest adjunct beer. I drink lonestar far more than i would like to admit. It's cheap, tasty when cold, and gets the job done in the killer Texas sun. Next to a well crafted beer of just about any style, yes, it falls short. But I almost religiously take a 6er of tall boys with me anytime I play disc golf, fish, hunt, or do anything outside. Its been my go to cheap beer for years and you will be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

Enjoyed it for being a Texas only beer

3.5/5  rDev +41.7%

A bargain beer, if that's all you are looking for. Constant good taste, mid- ABV. But thjere are certainly better tasting beers at higher prices.

3.31/5  rDev +34%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A surprisingly drinkable beer from the Lone Star State. One could easily knock down a six-pack in a sitting without batting an eye. All my exes are from Texas.

3.25/5  rDev +31.6%

I didn't think it was awful. A decent beer sitting out on patio in Texas.

2.53/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from 12 oz bottle into pilsner glass.

Appearance: pours a thick foamy white head that drops slowly with some mild lacing. Color is pale straw with abundant streaming carbonation.
Aroma: mild aroma of corn and a bit of lightly toasted malt.
Mouthfeel: light, crisp with a refreshing dry finish.
Flavor: corn sweetness dominates with the barley sweetness taking a back seat and just a hint of hop presence.
Overall: pedestrian but not offensive. A good lawnmower beer.

2.14/5  rDev -13.4%

Gave it a 2.5 based on nostalgia only. Probably a 2.0 beer. Nothing at all stands out. Kinda musty, almost spoiled tasting. It's like buying Ocean Pacific brand at Walmart. Not real. You are paying for the label only.

2.75/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pretty typical adjunct lager. Drink it fast because the off flavors show when it warms.

same crap different can, okay when free.

1.7/5  rDev -31.2%

Piss beer. Texan PBR trash.

1.8/5  rDev -27.1%

Lets not kid anybody. This isn't very good beer. It used to be back in the early 70's but a lot of things have changed since then. When I can find it, and that's not very often, I drink it because of the nostalgia effect. I put on some Jerry Jeff , close my eyes and imagine myself 40 years younger driving my 56 Chevy Sedan Delivery around Texas listening to AM radio and going into Austin on occasion to hear some good music at the Armadillo. For that alone its worth the price and the hangover.

1.72/5  rDev -30.4%

Lone Star, its name and also its rating

1.69/5  rDev -31.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Watery, corn flavor and aroma. Zero head, flat mouthfeel. Pretty bad.

3.13/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

The national beer if Texas, a sweet lager with a grassy finish.

1.37/5  rDev -44.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Piss beer, I had to try just because. PBR bottled with a different label. This is the kind of beer my grandpa might have liked In boot camp back in the 40s. That being said, it's easy drinking for guys that don't require much out of their brew.

4.92/5  rDev +99.2%

For a basic, go-to American-style lager, Lone Star stands alone at the top of the list. Easily drinkable with a good taste and mouthfeel that pairs perfectly with brisket, steak, hunting, tailgating, etc. Lone Star won't be found at the top of most beer snobs' lists, but it remains an excellent American-style lager and holds a proud place as a staple of this Texan's fridge.

3.08/5  rDev +24.7%

My friend brought this up from Texas for me. It was a very average beer. I'd rather drink it than Bud Light any day.

1.57/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

OK, first this is supposed to be the state beer of Texas but it's made in California? My first sip and I seriously thought this was diluted with water. Very weak. Take your average beer and then mix it 50/50 with water and there you have it: Lone Star beer. I could not even finish 1/4 of the bottle and not wanting the waitress to get offended, I poured most of it on my 12 dozen finished oyster shells and leftover bread to look like I at least drank most of it. Would I drink this if there was nothing else? Sure, but this stuff is not really good at all.

3.05/5  rDev +23.5%

Out of all the readily available adjucts out there, I find this one to be the least offensive to the senses. I'm rating this on style, not personal preference. But actually, I wouldn't turn one down if offered. If I go to Lonestar steakhouse for dinner, that's usually what I order. Even though I'm a beer snob, I still have a soft spot for an easy drinking american lager. This one fits the bill perfectly. Way underrated. And millions of Texans can't be wrong.

4.25/5  rDev +72.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Punk Rock Girls & Lone Star Beer!
I like this beer. It was never really available for me when I was younger since I was not living near Texas, at all. But I have grown to drink and love it. It's cheap which is so awesome. It's refreshing which is so awesome, again. It's great to drink all night and all day which is the best awesome. I get it when I can find it. I enjoy it when I get it. Lone Star is a Super Star beer!

2.12/5  rDev -14.2%

Appearance: Red, white, and gold aluminum can.

Smell: Musty and beige. No interesting olfactory notes.

Taste: I finally figured out what that sweet Lone Star aftertaste reminded me of- those awful orange marshmallow "peanuts" we ate as kids. It also leaves an unpleasant stale residue in your mouth after a couple of cans.

Mouthfeel: Loose, watery, elevated CO2.

Overall: On the positive side, it is cheap and no worse than other mass produced beers. The excessive sweetness can amplify the hangover. If you're visiting in Texas go for a Shiner instead.

Lone Star Beer from Pabst Brewing Company