Lone Star Beer - Pabst Brewing Company

poor

awful

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.65% ABV

- Lone Star Beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest with hearty grains from the Central and Northern Plains. Malted barley and corn extract combine to provide Lone Star with nature's finest ingredients for brewing. Lone Star's ingredients give this beer its full natural flavor. The choicest hops lend complexity and aroma to this beer, and its proprietary mashing regimen creates the perfect balance of alcohol, body, and character.
- ABV% 4.65
- Calories 136

(Beer added by: pezoids on 10-19-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lone Star Beer Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +92.3%

Served in a can. Consumed from said can.

I was being grilled by a couple of company men, and I decided to at least get a beer run out of it. Finally, the sixer of tall boys was placed in front of me. These brews are best enjoyed in dreams that happen in a locked box inside of your head.

Lone Star may also be enjoyed alongside one Reginald Ledoux, on your porch in Carcosa, or in pursuit of the King in Yellow.

Be warned - at the end of every sixer, there's a monster.

4.5/5  rDev +82.2%

4.25/5  rDev +72.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Punk Rock Girls & Lone Star Beer!
I like this beer. It was never really available for me when I was younger since I was not living near Texas, at all. But I have grown to drink and love it. It's cheap which is so awesome. It's refreshing which is so awesome, again. It's great to drink all night and all day which is the best awesome. I get it when I can find it. I enjoy it when I get it. Lone Star is a Super Star beer!

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

3.85/5  rDev +55.9%

The national beer of texas, the slogan of this beer give honour its name appearance and taste is good , smell low in the average, but easy drinkability and special for bbq and buddies meeting, in sunday, or soccer game with any snacks; very recommendable.

3.8/5  rDev +53.8%

Appearance: medium head, medium carbonation, clear, light yellow

Smell: lime, wheat, malt

Taste: lime, wheat, malt

Mouthfeel: smooth but crisp--due to carbonation which is highly present,sweet

Drinkability: For the style I think this is highly drinkable--certainly better that Coors/ Miller..There is a bit of sweetness which made this stand out. On my own scale, I would give this a D+/C-. It is however, an above average adjunct lager. I could certainly drink six or more if I was in a macro drinking mood.

3.78/5  rDev +53%

I'm not going to break this beer down and review it piece by piece, it's just a simple beer that's meant to be an easy drinker. There aren't any notable hop or malt flavors in it, but it's smooth and refreshing, the type of beer you want at midnight in Texas when it's 82 degrees outside. It's cheaper than the more popular domestic light beers and it tastes better.
Lone Star is my favorite session beer and that's all that I expect from it, it isn't a bad beer at all.

3.75/5  rDev +51.8%

ALmost the same than Schafer, I do not know, but I think they are now belog to SABMiller, maybe they are still being free at some range. It was good, for a BBQ party, but since we do not got them in Mexico, it was booring, and annoying at the end. And I would have a lot to say about the can, but I prefeer not.

3.73/5  rDev +51%

Consumed straight from the bottle with an assist from my Twang beer salt and the John prine coozy.

A--It sure is yellow. Not much of a head (I've poured this before). Pretty basic.

S--Grits and sugar. Not complex, but it's not supposed to be.

T--I love this lager. For its style (which i think is highly misunderstood and maligned), it's got a great, corny taste with a hint of sugar and a nice level of carbonation. I've had pretty much every AAL on the market, and this is one of the better ones.

M--Average.

D-- I just nailed 3 of these during the USC game, and was quite satisfied. Low ABV, plus great food and beer salt, make this very drinkable. I'll be done with the sixer before the 4th.

3.73/5  rDev +51%

Lone Star has a thick, white head, and a very clear, highly carbonated golden appearance. Aroma is faint to nil, but a very slight grain smell can be detected. Taste is mild and light, yet pleasant. It has a stereotypical American-style lager flavor, not unlike Busch. Mouth-feel is light and watery. Overall, this is a satisfying beer, but not particularly unusual. Drinkability is very good; a lawnmowing or cookout beer. I like it. NOTE: I bought this in Texas- it is not sold in Louisiana. I drank this in a beer glass poured from a 16 oz. can.

RJT