Lone Star Beer - Pabst Brewing Company

awful

awful

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.72% ABV

(Beer added by: pezoids on 10-19-2001)
View: Beers (58) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lone Star Beer Alström Bros
dcevans

Neilgibeaut

07-23-2014 03:17:17 | More by Neilgibeaut
nfatoots

4.75/5  rDev +93.1%

Served in a can. Consumed from said can.

I was being grilled by a couple of company men, and I decided to at least get a beer run out of it. Finally, the sixer of tall boys was placed in front of me. These brews are best enjoyed in dreams that happen in a locked box inside of your head.

Lone Star may also be enjoyed alongside one Reginald Ledoux, on your porch in Carcosa, or in pursuit of the King in Yellow.

Be warned - at the end of every sixer, there's a monster.

02-21-2014 22:06:52 | More by nfatoots
JordanHageman

Missouri

4.5/5  rDev +82.9%

07-01-2013 02:28:53 | More by JordanHageman
Pigs

Georgia

4.25/5  rDev +72.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Punk Rock Girls & Lone Star Beer!
I like this beer. It was never really available for me when I was younger since I was not living near Texas, at all. But I have grown to drink and love it. It's cheap which is so awesome. It's refreshing which is so awesome, again. It's great to drink all night and all day which is the best awesome. I get it when I can find it. I enjoy it when I get it. Lone Star is a Super Star beer!

06-14-2014 19:18:38 | More by Pigs

08-02-2012 01:59:45 | More by gata
awesomedude

12-01-2011 16:26:04 | More by awesomedude
Photo of

You rated this beer. Consider writing a review.

09-15-2012 02:57:15 | More by
tesguino

Mexico

3.85/5  rDev +56.5%

The national beer of texas, the slogan of this beer give honour its name appearance and taste is good , smell low in the average, but easy drinkability and special for bbq and buddies meeting, in sunday, or soccer game with any snacks; very recommendable.

10-11-2005 14:42:44 | More by tesguino
tigg924

3.8/5  rDev +54.5%

Appearance: medium head, medium carbonation, clear, light yellow

Smell: lime, wheat, malt

Taste: lime, wheat, malt

Mouthfeel: smooth but crisp--due to carbonation which is highly present,sweet

Drinkability: For the style I think this is highly drinkable--certainly better that Coors/ Miller..There is a bit of sweetness which made this stand out. On my own scale, I would give this a D+/C-. It is however, an above average adjunct lager. I could certainly drink six or more if I was in a macro drinking mood.

04-06-2009 14:36:42 | More by tigg924
sayerofthelaw

3.78/5  rDev +53.7%

I'm not going to break this beer down and review it piece by piece, it's just a simple beer that's meant to be an easy drinker. There aren't any notable hop or malt flavors in it, but it's smooth and refreshing, the type of beer you want at midnight in Texas when it's 82 degrees outside. It's cheaper than the more popular domestic light beers and it tastes better.
Lone Star is my favorite session beer and that's all that I expect from it, it isn't a bad beer at all.

03-20-2010 07:01:45 | More by sayerofthelaw
cmbeddoe7997

06-23-2014 17:48:13 | More by cmbeddoe7997
nekronos

Mexico

3.75/5  rDev +52.4%

ALmost the same than Schafer, I do not know, but I think they are now belog to SABMiller, maybe they are still being free at some range. It was good, for a BBQ party, but since we do not got them in Mexico, it was booring, and annoying at the end. And I would have a lot to say about the can, but I prefeer not.

10-24-2005 14:40:58 | More by nekronos

precella

04-13-2012 23:14:28 | More by precella
Spiderhouse

3.73/5  rDev +51.6%

Consumed straight from the bottle with an assist from my Twang beer salt and the John prine coozy.

A--It sure is yellow. Not much of a head (I've poured this before). Pretty basic.

S--Grits and sugar. Not complex, but it's not supposed to be.

T--I love this lager. For its style (which i think is highly misunderstood and maligned), it's got a great, corny taste with a hint of sugar and a nice level of carbonation. I've had pretty much every AAL on the market, and this is one of the better ones.

M--Average.

D-- I just nailed 3 of these during the USC game, and was quite satisfied. Low ABV, plus great food and beer salt, make this very drinkable. I'll be done with the sixer before the 4th.

09-13-2009 01:55:42 | More by Spiderhouse
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

3.73/5  rDev +51.6%

Lone Star has a thick, white head, and a very clear, highly carbonated golden appearance. Aroma is faint to nil, but a very slight grain smell can be detected. Taste is mild and light, yet pleasant. It has a stereotypical American-style lager flavor, not unlike Busch. Mouth-feel is light and watery. Overall, this is a satisfying beer, but not particularly unusual. Drinkability is very good; a lawnmowing or cookout beer. I like it. NOTE: I bought this in Texas- it is not sold in Louisiana. I drank this in a beer glass poured from a 16 oz. can.

RJT

04-19-2010 01:28:50 | More by RonaldTheriot
bastardface

3.73/5  rDev +51.6%

Lone Dtar beer is another favorite of mine. Besides the little puzzles on the bottom of each bottle cap the beer isn't that bad. I was surprised that it is made by Pabst brewing. Lone Star has to be the best beer from this brewery, atleast by what I've had. The smell is not impressive but it is easily drinkabe. You can have quit a few without being annoyed by it. At has a little bitter bite toward the end of a drink. It tastes slightly hoppy and grainy. It is a step above bud light and Coors Light. Pretty good dud sud.

11-30-2010 03:52:18 | More by bastardface
greggwllms

3.63/5  rDev +47.6%

Although his beer may not be a Belgian delight, it deserves its place in all of beerdom. As a native Texan I have drank this beer for years. As it has been brewed in many places it has changed over the years, but I like the latest reincarnation the best.

Mouthfeel is watery but crisp. color is light brassy. taste is befitting the style with no outstanding characteristics.

whether you love it or hate it, this one always has a home in my fridge to help through the hot Texas summers

02-19-2008 04:32:32 | More by greggwllms
Dajtai007

3.63/5  rDev +47.6%

Being a avid craft beer drinker, you need to have a beer that you just have everyday. This is my beer just for that purpose. I've probably had every top notch beer made in the world, but this always sits in my fridge. Its a good cheap beer that does its job well, quenching my thirst after a long day of work. Then I will dig deeper into the fridge and pull out something else to sip on. Its good for what its worth.

09-26-2012 06:59:37 | More by Dajtai007
MadTown1000

3.63/5  rDev +47.6%

Bought it specifically out of wonderment that Lone Star Beer actually exists - I thought it was made up. Very light gold color - looks like Miller Lite, which probably isn't too surprising. Poured from bottle into a glass, it foams up to about a 2 inch head, which fizzes down to a thin white foam over about a minute. Not much smell to speak of. Tastes like you'd expect from a standard American lager but it has a slightly hoppy aftertaste on the back of the tongue that makes it stand out a little bit from the crowd. Not spectacular, but pretty good for the style. Certainly inoffensive. I could potentially buy it again as a barbecue beer.

Edited to increase drinkability score. This stuff does go down like water.

05-11-2009 23:11:23 | More by MadTown1000