Old Style - Pabst Brewing Company

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.72% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 09-11-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 577 | Reviews: 186

Old style beer is a Chicago staple and basic lager. The price for 6 pack of pounders is 4.50. For inexpensive lager a 5 !

Appearance: light yellow with small carbonation.

Smell : like a American style like corn and grains.

Taste: old style has a taste of light grains with some small malt to it.The end of the taste you get a small bit at the end. Nice crisp dry finish makes you want to drank more . For the price is a great beer !

Mouthfeel: light to medium mouthfeel

Overall : Old style is good lager with more taste then 85 percent of lagers on market. Old style beats out High life, modello , Bud ice, Busch , Natural Ice and all of light beers on the market.

Yep the best beer to me is Old Style beer. I keep it in the family, my grandfather on my moms side use to drink Old Style when I was growing up.My uncles to.Then as I got old enough to drink beer I've always new I would be drinking this great beer. It's funny when I started hanging out with new friends when I moved to my grandparents neighborhood, those friends were drinking Old Style to.Reach for The best beer old style beer, I was mainly brewed in La Cross, Wisconsin and then Semi loads to Chicago and the Suburbs outside Chicago. Old Style every where back then! And now I live in Southern Illinois right outside of St . Louis, Missouri and it's very hard to find it anywhere. And then when you do find it, your paying an arm an a leg,, crazyly high price! Is there any where in the St. Louis area I can by it cheapter then Dierbergs grocery store in Edwardsville, Illinois? So damn high there for a 12 pack of bottle's. They higherd the 12 pack price 3x this year??

4.75/5  rDev +71.5%

4.75/5  rDev +71.5%

4.62/5  rDev +66.8%

This was my grandpa's favorite beer and now it's my favorite beer.

Poured into a mug, it has a pale, yellow, straw color. Light carbonation, mostly natural carbonation. A short head, that appears for about 15 seconds.

Not a lot of smell, but has a grainy smell and a little bit metallic. The alcohol kind of burns your nose, which I love.

You can taste grains, hops and some malt. A nice bitterness at the end.

Light Carbonation, one of the heavier American Adjunct Lagers in my opinion.

Very drinkable and it's my favorite. Tastes great and there's a lot of history behind this beer. I am definately bias when it comes to where the beer is made, because all the best beer is made in Wisconsin. "Think local. Drink local."

4.48/5  rDev +61.7%

What a great beer for the price! Old Style pours a straw yellow and is bursting with flavor. There is the long standing competition between PBR and Old Style and my vote is to always side with O.S. This beer has taken me on many wild nights and crazy adventures through the college years. Plenty of Old Style scars. I have even written a song about Old Style, as I have been so inspired by this great golden lager.

Also a great fishing beer. Summer or winter, it doesn't matter.

4.33/5  rDev +56.3%

Color: Golden Yellow

Smell: Nice and clean, Light Citrus

Taste: Nice Smooth taste, Nice Balance of sweet and smooth.

Bought a 12 pack of bottles in Chicago for $5.99, it's more expensive here in Ohio. Here a 6 pack of 16 OZ cans is 7 Bucks.

This is one of my favorite beers. Wish we could get bottles in Ohio. But next trip Chicago I am stocking up.

4.22/5  rDev +52.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I was very surprised with this beer. I did not excpet such a sweat beer. the appearance was good the smell was sweat and got me salavaiting. the taste was a very wheaty taste with sweetness all the way down. not to much of a mouth feel nice and crisp great drink ability. a great beer to have one or two of after work.

4.05/5  rDev +46.2%

This was "dad's Beer" when I was growing up. I tried it in 08 I think, and Preferred Blatz it was crap. I recently started watching the show "Shameless" on Showtime where the family Drinks Old Style and researched it. Apparently Pabst is now "Krausening" the beer so I wanted to try it again.

I picked up a 6 pack of 12 oz. cans for $3.59 the first drink I knew this was something different. I am a Budweiser drinker and this instantly reminded me of Bud. it has great mouthfeel and no nasty aftertaste like the old cheap beer did. the cost has increased (18 pack was $7.99 in 08 and now it's $10) but still a good price for a good beer!

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Old Style from Pabst Brewing Company