Old Style - Pabst Brewing Company

poor

good

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  4.72% ABV

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 09-11-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Old Style Alström Bros

Old style beer is a Chicago staple and basic lager. The price for 6 pack of pounders is 4.50. For inexpensive lager a 5 !

Appearance: light yellow with small carbonation.

Smell : like a American style like corn and grains.

Taste: old style has a taste of light grains with some small malt to it.The end of the taste you get a small bit at the end. Nice crisp dry finish makes you want to drank more . For the price is a great beer !

Mouthfeel: light to medium mouthfeel

Overall : Old style is good lager with more taste then 85 percent of lagers on market. Old style beats out High life, modello , Bud ice, Busch , Natural Ice and all of light beers on the market.

bbluemzbeer, Aug 02, 2014

ironstein, Aug 16, 2012

Cubsfan1087, Mar 25, 2014

Yep the best beer to me is Old Style beer. I keep it in the family, my grandfather on my moms side use to drink Old Style when I was growing up.My uncles to.Then as I got old enough to drink beer I've always new I would be drinking this great beer. It's funny when I started hanging out with new friends when I moved to my grandparents neighborhood, those friends were drinking Old Style to.Reach for The best beer old style beer, I was mainly brewed in La Cross, Wisconsin and then Semi loads to Chicago and the Suburbs outside Chicago. Old Style every where back then! And now I live in Southern Illinois right outside of St . Louis, Missouri and it's very hard to find it anywhere. And then when you do find it, your paying an arm an a leg,, crazyly high price! Is there any where in the St. Louis area I can by it cheapter then Dierbergs grocery store in Edwardsville, Illinois? So damn high there for a 12 pack of bottle's. They higherd the 12 pack price 3x this year??

Blahster, Dec 02, 2013

I'm giving it a 5 because this is my all time favorite beer! Heileman's Old Style! I Love this beer! Wrigley Field staple for over 65 years. I drink nothing but (well, with exception of one other) when I'm in Chicago. I wish it was sold in more states than just the Upper Midwest. Out of all the "retro" adjunct lager beers in the Pabst Portfolio, this one is still the best!

302BeerGuy, Jun 21, 2014

BigKrall, Jul 30, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +69.6%

BeerGuy1991, Feb 20, 2013
4.68/5  rDev +67.1%

This was my grandpa's favorite beer and now it's my favorite beer.

Poured into a mug, it has a pale, yellow, straw color. Light carbonation, mostly natural carbonation. A short head, that appears for about 15 seconds.

Not a lot of smell, but has a grainy smell and a little bit metallic. The alcohol kind of burns your nose, which I love.

You can taste grains, hops and some malt. A nice bitterness at the end.

Light Carbonation, one of the heavier American Adjunct Lagers in my opinion.

Very drinkable and it's my favorite. Tastes great and there's a lot of history behind this beer. I am definately bias when it comes to where the beer is made, because all the best beer is made in Wisconsin. "Think local. Drink local."

MikeAAL, Feb 08, 2013
4.55/5  rDev +62.5%

What a great beer for the price! Old Style pours a straw yellow and is bursting with flavor. There is the long standing competition between PBR and Old Style and my vote is to always side with O.S. This beer has taken me on many wild nights and crazy adventures through the college years. Plenty of Old Style scars. I have even written a song about Old Style, as I have been so inspired by this great golden lager.

Also a great fishing beer. Summer or winter, it doesn't matter.

Flippindiscs, Feb 21, 2006

rtrasr, Mar 05, 2014

CarolinaKev, Jun 18, 2012

khargro2, Jan 11, 2012

Nofear048, Dec 19, 2011

eux, Aug 31, 2012
4.35/5  rDev +55.4%

Color: Golden Yellow

Smell: Nice and clean, Light Citrus

Taste: Nice Smooth taste, Nice Balance of sweet and smooth.

Bought a 12 pack of bottles in Chicago for $5.99, it's more expensive here in Ohio. Here a 6 pack of 16 OZ cans is 7 Bucks.

This is one of my favorite beers. Wish we could get bottles in Ohio. But next trip Chicago I am stocking up.

LWG1970, Jun 30, 2011

Dba1125, Aug 05, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +51.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I was very surprised with this beer. I did not excpet such a sweat beer. the appearance was good the smell was sweat and got me salavaiting. the taste was a very wheaty taste with sweetness all the way down. not to much of a mouth feel nice and crisp great drink ability. a great beer to have one or two of after work.

Jamesplarson, Sep 23, 2008

wrigleybob, May 13, 2013

Mister_Falcon, Aug 25, 2013
4.13/5  rDev +47.5%

This was "dad's Beer" when I was growing up. I tried it in 08 I think, and Preferred Blatz it was crap. I recently started watching the show "Shameless" on Showtime where the family Drinks Old Style and researched it. Apparently Pabst is now "Krausening" the beer so I wanted to try it again.

I picked up a 6 pack of 12 oz. cans for $3.59 the first drink I knew this was something different. I am a Budweiser drinker and this instantly reminded me of Bud. it has great mouthfeel and no nasty aftertaste like the old cheap beer did. the cost has increased (18 pack was $7.99 in 08 and now it's $10) but still a good price for a good beer!

michiganminer, Nov 22, 2012