Pabst Blue Ribbon Light - Pabst Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.
poor

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

Light Lager |  4.19% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001)
Reviews by KC9LDB:
KC9LDB

I put 5 for everything, I'm sorry I can't afford constantly drinking craft or micro brews and I don't like drinking regular (non light) beers all the time in place of the better stuff. PBR light takes the cake, I normally drank Busch Keystone or Coors light but this one takes the cake for a nice easy cheap as hell light beer. I'm not a yuppie, I'm not a hillbilly and I'm sure as hell not a hipster, I'm a mid-westerner that likes a good cheap easy drinking beer with my brat. So I suggest you try this one when you need something for the party, fishing, the game or just hanging by the fire with friends.

11-12-2013 19:55:06 | More by KC9LDB

09-12-2012 20:35:05 | More by wattoclone
WVbeergeek

West Virginia

1.8/5  rDev -29.7%

Throw back brews, trendy hipster canned PBR does well. But why do they have to make every varietal of the same beer? Fizzy yellow beer, pale pissy golden or apple juice if you wanna be PG about it. Minimal specks of lacing left after the bright egg shell white head fades, oh so quickly. Aroma has cooked veggies and cereal notes going down efficiently enough to be classified as an industrial lager. No reason to go for this brew but for 5.99 a 12 pack of cans I had to grab it. Now I have something in my fridge to offer the folks who couldn't give a shit about my beloved micros. Don't get me wrong I still try to convert but this is a better alternative then them clearing out my DBF. Flavor is pretty much a watered down slightly metallic cooked veggies in this case corn and rice show up hard core. No real hop flow but I wasn't expecting one, I still can enjoy a PBR with the best of 'em but this one leaves much to be desired. Mouthfeel is carbonated water, carbonation levels a bit much will bring the Barney belches in no time. Drinkability overall could be pretty wreckless, but I'm not in the mood for a White Trash Wednesday party like I would have been back in college.

07-17-2009 07:01:34 | More by WVbeergeek
Sublimer79

4.47/5  rDev +74.6%

I Love My Pabst Blue Ribbon Light. This Beer is in my option better than any of your so called "Brand Name" beers in taste and feel in the 10 dollar Range for a 12 Pack.
Unfortunately In This area canton, Ohio Pabst Light Beer is very hard to find without special ordering it, which isn't hard to do, just ask for it a place with good customer service will be willing to order it for you.

I Must Add This beer taste best from the can directly, I never had it in a Bottle.

I work at Acme Whipple And they now sell it per my request though only in a 30 Pack. So this is where I get my Pabst Light Fix. :)

Good Luck.

11-28-2011 02:34:11 | More by Sublimer79
MJ63

Ontario (Canada)

10-26-2013 00:49:45 | More by MJ63
IntriqKen

3.05/5  rDev +19.1%

Pours a very, very pale crystal clear yellow with a small white head that disappears to nothing very fast.
Aroma is slightly sweet and fruity and definately 'American Macro"...possibly because of the adjuncts or because of a common yeast.
Taste is actually more flavorful than most light counterparts...sweet malt, a little corn....
Aftertaste is a little cloying on the tongue but still drying.
A decent effort by Pabst at a poor style

06-17-2006 18:25:25 | More by IntriqKen
Guardian

3.8/5  rDev +48.4%

A- Light yellow appearance. Nice head.

S- Not a fan...but I'm not a huge fan of standard PBR smell. Even with low alcohol it seems to have a strong alcohol scent.

T- Not too far off from standard PBR...quite good for a light beer. A bit more of a tinny aftertaste.

M- Lots of carbonation. Can definitely tell it's a PBR.

D- Goes down VERY easily.

07-10-2010 21:34:58 | More by Guardian
Badger28

Colorado

3.43/5  rDev +34%

Too keep it short : For an American Light Lager pretty rich tasting, well not as good as Sam Adams Light but by far better than the more expensive light beers like Bud Light,Miller Lite,Coors Light etc.Got an 30 can pack for under 13 Dollar, well anytime again.

12-30-2005 23:27:21 | More by Badger28
secondtooth

Indiana

2.66/5  rDev +3.9%

Pours a pale straw gold, with lots of quickly-subsiding white foam. There's actually some attractive and detailed lacing here on my glass, too, believe it or not.

Aroma is adjunct corn and grainy malts. Nothing more, nothing less. Standard.

Taste is light, as expected, and even watery. The overall notes I get are rice and corn malts, though there seems to be a slight (ever-so-slight) touch of citrus hops near the finish.

Solid enough for the style, and this is one I can knock back easily. Don't go in expecting a world-class craft beer, and PBR Light works just fine.

10-27-2013 19:41:44 | More by secondtooth
Mpenders

07-01-2014 00:05:47 | More by Mpenders
bewareOFpenguin

Usual light beer characteristics: light colored, not overly hopped, faint hint of malt, too much carbonation. Not worth drinking, or peeing. Stick to the full bodied Pabst. This is just a watered down version.

10-24-2002 12:25:22 | More by bewareOFpenguin
bditty187

Nebraska

2.55/5  rDev -0.4%

It is okay. I hated the metallic smell that creped out of my glass. The metal did cover up the corn (and unfortunately the subtle hops and malt smell as well). The taste is simple, there is some “beer” flavor, and it didn’t taste half-bad. As Light beer goes it is drinkable without losing much. Maybe the fact it is heavily carbonated hides some of the flavor flaws.

Better than the more popular light beers. You know which ones I’m talking about…

09-23-2002 14:24:03 | More by bditty187
brjr508

3.98/5  rDev +55.5%

I tried this because of the recommendation of BA and because the girlfriend is recommending I lose weight. However, this was pretty surprising. It's a shame that Miller gets so much focus in the Chicago/Milwaukee area and Pabst is nearly forgotten.

The appearance was typical macro clear, but for a light lager PBR Light loooks more like a real beer.

Smell was typical Heileman's can. A little bit of skunk, some adjuncts, but surprisingly the beer was quite fragrant, which is more than can be said for most light beers.

The taste was where I was most surprised. PBR Light tastes very similar to PBR Not-light. While some people would argue that this is not very impressive, I would also respond that this is a light beer that has characteristics of full-bodied beers.

Mouthfeel was rather full. The carbonation present made this feel like a real beer, and that feeling diminished only slightly when I allowed the carbonation to run its course in my mouth. Quite impressive given the style.

Since this is a light beer I would have to rate the drinkability as very high. It would be easy to sit down and drink this if one did not want to end up weighing upwards of 400 pounds after completing a session, but I also think that there are better beers if one wants to drink for taste instead of practicality.

04-13-2007 02:05:33 | More by brjr508
BoitSansSoif

France

2.78/5  rDev +8.6%

A-Poured yellow with mild cloudiness and a thick head that quickly faded. Carbonation was strong initially, but also slackened off rapidly. No lacing.

S-Grainy sweet malt and polenta, hint lemon rind at beginning that quickly faded.

T-Slightly sweet grain and corn flour, and finish hints at hops, mealy apple, and cornbread.

M-Mouthfeel is crisp and clean, and one of the aspects of this beer that renders it palatable. Carbonation is pretty good for style.

D-This stuff is nothing special of course, but for its price, it's a far better value than most of the stuff out there. It's a fair drink, it's better than most other light beers, and it goes down smoothly. This is my go-to cheap stuff.

02-01-2008 06:14:34 | More by BoitSansSoif

2.5/5  rDev -2.3%

07-08-2012 01:56:52 | More by heganhound
whit

3.1/5  rDev +21.1%

Pale straw with a thick bubbly head that dissipates quickly. Typical American macro aroma. I'll be kind and call the flavors "subtle" and "well balanced". Actually this is a good beer, which is suprising since this beer is not advertised during the football games. I'll continue to drink Bud Light since large breasted women will be attracted to me if I consume that product.

09-17-2002 05:05:12 | More by whit
michiganminer

3.01/5  rDev +17.6%

I find PBR Light is an OK generic tasting light. it doesn't taste like a light version of PBR just a light forgettable beer. Only one store near me stocks it and I thought I could save money by getting my bud light drinking wife to switch (I'm a PBR drinker) she didn;t and I found myself drinking more PBR light than I do PBR so i'm not really getting less cals or carbs (Not that I care anyways) It's OK no more, no less.

11-28-2013 05:17:42 | More by michiganminer
MinorThreat

Nebraska

1.5/5  rDev -41.4%

08-17-2013 19:57:49 | More by MinorThreat
JayS2629

Alabama

2.9/5  rDev +13.3%

Nothing impressive. Watered down version of the original. Slight bit of grainy taste with a touch of faint citrus. There are some metallic, mineral flavors. The nose has all the same things. Corn, water, grain, grass, citrus. Pretty plain jane. A pale yellow beer with a white head that fades fast but leaves ok lace. Taste is pretty plain but better than macro. Watery, refreshing, crisp. Easy to drink, jus boring.

02-27-2011 02:11:21 | More by JayS2629
grimey68

2.75/5  rDev +7.4%

01-12-2014 22:00:17 | More by grimey68
TheManiacalOne

Rhode Island

2.2/5  rDev -14.1%

Poured from a 12oz. can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a very light gold color with a large white head that fades quickly and leaves a decent lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light malts, adjuncts and a faint touch of hops.

T: The taste is bready, watery and a little sweet with the flavors of adjuncts, grain and barley. There's a very mild hops presence that brings a little balance. The after-taste is faint but slightly sweet.

M: Smooth and crisp, very light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean finish.

D: Not very flavorful, goes down easily because there isn't much to it, not filling at all, mild kick, this is your stereo-typical light beer, it's very poundable but only because there's so little substance.

02-01-2009 00:11:04 | More by TheManiacalOne