Colt 45 Double Malt Liquor - Pabst Brewing Company

Colt 45 Double Malt LiquorColt 45 Double Malt Liquor

poor

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Malt Liquor |  5.61% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 07-31-2002)
2.75/5  rDev +2.6%

pep, Aug 24, 2014

JoeD77, Aug 10, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -34.7%

mrmike3655, Jul 31, 2014
2.76/5  rDev +3%

I picked up this fine malt liquor at my local 7-11. I was short on cash and it was cheap.

Appearance: It had a color that reminded me of any other 40oz I've drank. A kind of golden yellow.

Smell: The aromas definitely brought me back to being 16 and getting whatever beer the homeless man bought us.

Taste: Like the aromas it made me feel slightly nostalgic, tasted like crap but went down really fast.

Mouthfeel: Smooth like bubbly water.

Drinkability: It's a very smooth drinkable beer if you like to drink as much as you can as cheap as you can.

Serving type: 40oz bottle

Well its better than natty daddy, and it only got better once I added some oj.

Crumpetsnbeer, Jun 24, 2014

warpig372, Jun 19, 2014

JakeBarnett, Jun 13, 2014

bigpoppa67, May 15, 2014

ZOSO2192, Mar 30, 2014
3.55/5  rDev +32.5%

From what i take out of colt 45 double malt, it pours a nice soapy head in my mug. good 2 finger head that goes down pretty quick.. The smell is kinda appealing, like a adjunct lager smell or hell a regular colt 45. the taste/mouthfeel is bold, easy drinking and very carbonated... I think it has a rich full body feel and very easy drinkable for a malt liquor.

MarkSmith86, Mar 10, 2014
2.14/5  rDev -20.1%

Im not going to be one of "those guys" that try to get a laugh out of reviewing a malt liquor. I like malt liquors. This one was very disappointing. I actually find it WORSE than the regular Colt 45.

I dunno, I always say having these 40's in a clear bottle is ruining many aspects and worsening an already bad reputation Malt Liquor gets. Especially since I buy the 4O's at a decently stocked liquor store that allows the "poor sections" florescent lights to easily eat away at the characteristics.

The beer smells like pee. Honestly. With a hint of staleness and saltiness. But tasting it is ok. Its a bland mouthfeel with bland carbonation that could honestly be heaver. I expected a sweeter taste than reg. Colt 45 due to it's double name. I expected a sweet malt corn flavor, instead just got the usual corn with a heavy alcohol taste.

ChiChi, Feb 23, 2014

1.75/5  rDev -34.7%

MinorThreat, Aug 17, 2013

dsnyder61, Jun 04, 2013
3.8/5  rDev +41.8%

This all seems curious to me as the below review is for a bottle and alludes to a CANQuest (TM) review, but that review does not seem to exist. No review? No problem! That is one of The CANQuest (TM)'s many mottoes.

24 ounces, that's a lot! The Crack & Glug were textbook and I had a finger-and-a-half of rocky, bone-white head with decent retention when I finished. As it fell, it began to look like meringue atop a lemon pie. Color was sunshine-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose reminded me of apple cider plus a metallic twang to offset the fruitiness. Mouthfeel was kind of fizzy, more like pop than beer and the taste was very much like apples. How odd. Not bad, really, just mighty strange. Finish was very dry as tends to be the case with this style. The yeast must work overtime to get all of the fermentable sugars converted. I am going to leave my original numbers as there was not much deviation between CAN and bottle, apparently.

The below is my existing Bottle review from 12-19-2010 with scores of 4; 3.5; 4; 4 and 3.5

The Bros have only themselves to thank for any flags on this one. My CAN review is a gem, but thanks to their recent moratorium on acronyms, I have no choice.

I will NEVER forget my first overseas liberty port, that of Barcelona, Spain in early 1985. We were in The Gut, the worst area of the city, reserved for sailors and my buddies found "a gamer", what we would call a "crack whore", one willing to do anything for money. For those who may know what "Double Penetration" refers to, I would have typed "DP" except for the moratorium. We accomplished more than a "Double", but the details may need to wait. Call this a "DM", oops, Double Malt. Like we're at friggin' Pops' Choklit Shoppe in "Archie". Man, I was playing "Barguments" yesterday and I'da done Betty in one of those scenarios. A double-up with Veronica? Hell, yeah!

Okay I'll buy a day of swill beforehand, but I like this beer! I got a finger of rocky, bone-white head with decent retention off of my pour. Color was liquid sunshine in a glass. Nose was full of adjuncts, but as the Grateful Dead sang (sort of), "Scent's all empty, but I don't care." Am I allowed to cop to my first sexual experience with a DeadHead cougar in 1983? I still dig the unshaven, Euro-style cuties. Finish was smoooth. Yum. Of all of the b**ls**t (no acronyms) this afternoon, this was decent.

woodychandler, Apr 14, 2013