Old Milwaukee Non Alcoholic - Pabst Brewing Company

Old Milwaukee Non AlcoholicOld Milwaukee Non Alcoholic

poor

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.40% ABV

(Beer added by: EagleTalon on 08-27-2002)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

I tried this as I've been drinking regular Old Milwaukee lately as think it's fine and I wanted something for my weekly alcohol-free day. This near-beer is very poor in comparison. Very watery and a bit nasty with acres of foam. Throwing out the rest of the case.

JonathanDP81, Jul 22, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -25.5%

wrightst, Jul 12, 2014

vwbus7, Jun 26, 2014

Bandi, Mar 30, 2014
2.31/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

A: The beer is clear straw yellow in color and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a finger high bright white head that died down but generally left a thin layer of bubbles covering the surface and some lacing down the sides of the glass.
S: Moderate aromas of cooked corn are present in the nose.
T: The taste is similar to the smell, but has less in the way of vegetal flavors and more in the way of bland mineral water. No sweetness or malts are really perceptible because of a slight amount of hop bitterness.
M: It feels light-bodied and a bit watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer seemed a little more drinkable compared to some of the other non-alcoholic beers that I've tried because it didn't have any astringent chemical-like aromas or flavors.

metter98, Mar 30, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +6.4%

Lane_in_ID, Feb 16, 2014
3.05/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Served chilled from a can and poured into a Perfect Pint and let warm up to about 40º.

A=I was initially put off by the very light, pale straw color, but after a few minutes, it looked a bit darker. The white foam lasted around a minute...but it dissipated sporadically--in other words, there were small spots of foam left near the middle.

S=Surprisingly decent aroma--malt, bread, and honey smells.

T=The typical NA skunk flavor was there, along with a light bread flavor...perhaps a hint of clover?

M=Body was light and carbonation rather low...despite feeling flat, it was rather drinkable.

O=It has been years since I drank a lot of NA beers, and my recollection was that the German beers were far superior to the domestic offerings...still, I recall O'Doul's being undrinkable, and this is a bit superior...I still have half the 12-pack left, which will be reserved for snakebites and mixing with the On Tap additives to see if I can find a better flavor. I won't buy this one again.

dhannes, Sep 13, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -25.5%

MinorThreat, Aug 17, 2013
3.38/5  rDev +43.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Nice looking red can pours pale gold into a pint shaker glass. One finger of white head and a fair amount of lacings.
Smell is malty grains. Maybe a touch of hay.
Taste is malts, some barley, a tiny bitterness on the back end.
Mouthfeel is quite good for the style, plenty of carbonation.
Overall much better than I expected. Tastes a lot like Schlitz only much lighter.
Date on bottom of the can Dec 0213.

Spikester, Jul 20, 2013
2.25/5  rDev -4.3%

rgille2, Jun 29, 2013

From the 12 fl. oz. can stamped on the bottom with NOV1913-B07061928. Sampled on June 26, 2013.

For my 1,250th review I figured I would do something I do not routinely drink. It pours a pale yellow that looks almost as clear as water with an extraordinary foamy head.

It has the typical biscuit and barley malt nose of an L/A-N/A but no alcohol or hops for that matter.

Thin to nearly watery body.

Grainy and biscuit malts in the taste but no lingering anything. It is only 58 calories so that is a good thing.

puboflyons, Jun 26, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

spycow, Jan 17, 2013
2.2/5  rDev -6.4%

Served in an Ohio State shaker pint glass.

Funny, something tells me the whole Spelunky drinking challenge isn't gonna work all that well with a non-alcoholic offering... Oh well. This stuff pours a clear sallow topped by a finger of lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises malted barley (fresh from the sack, baby) and lightly-funky water. The taste mostly resembles water, though a twinge of funky, stale "beer" tossed in for appearances' sake. Honestly, I have no other way to describe this stuff. The body is quite light, with a moderate carbonation and a very watery feel. Overall, I find it difficult to refer to this as beer, even a non-alcoholic one. It seems more like beer-flavored water than anything. I can't imagine why anyone would ever drink this stuff purposely.

TMoney2591, Dec 27, 2012
2.4/5  rDev +2.1%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head, very highly carbonated. Smell is mild, some corn and grains. Taste is very mild, some light hints of corn, a touch of grain, lacking in flavor. Feels light in the mouth and overall left me wanting a beer.

tone77, Feb 08, 2012
1.7/5  rDev -27.7%

This is the stuff legends are made of. 12 oz can best before Jan 2012.

It pours a clear gold with lots of carbonation bubbles and a non-receding bright white head. Typical industrial macro lager look.

It smells like squash, bread, sugar, and hop "extract".

The flavor is pale malt extract and metal. Simple, not extremely offensive. The mouthfeel is thin.

It is what it is.

crossovert, Oct 27, 2011

Spotted at a local dive bar I was inclined to try something shitty...I thought it was the red label but it was the NA. Here it goes pours a pale fizzy yellow golden color with a bright white head quickly dwindling away. Aroma has a pale malt sweetness with no real hop or spice to it just simply cooked vegetables at the basic meaning. Flavor is horrid cooked corn basically the worst tasting anyting creamed corn related in liquid form I will never go NA when it comes to beer I would rather cut out alcohol than go NA. This is horrible tasting liquid, horrible rancid finish high uncomfortable carbonation light bodied fizzy beer. Sorry I usually try to enjoy these types of reviews this one just isn't enjoyable in any sense.

WVbeergeek, Oct 23, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +22.6%

I was D.D. tonight so I tried this NA.

It pours a clear, palest shade of yellow, with overly foamy, detergent-like head. Head lasts a surprisingly long time. It also laces the glass beautifuly. The scent at first was wet hay or grass, then rice. The problem here is it's nearly tasteless! That is, it doesn't offend, it's crisp but not "beery" no hops, no barley malt, perhaps just fermented Rice Krispies! No lingering aftertaste. Best point, you can drink all you can stand to drink!

CaptJackHarkness, Oct 19, 2011
1.35/5  rDev -42.6%

There are not many N.A. beers in a CAN remaining for me to try, if you CAN believe it. O'Doul's Amber and Old Style L.A. are the only two that I am still aware of that have not been part of The CANQuest (TM).

My pour produced two fingers' worth of rocky, bone-white head with moderate retention. Color was a pale straw-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Nose had a foul rankness, like rotting vegetable matter. No kidding, it would have gagged a maggot! Ooof. The mouthfeel was thin, kind of watery and the taste remninded me of Wheaties, albeit fermented. Not a pleasant taste. The underside of the CAN read "SEP 27 2010" so freshness was not a factor in this gag-a-thon. Finish left me with buyer's/drinker's remorse and not much beyond that. I believe that this was my seventh or eighth N.A. beer on The CANQuest (TM) and it was hands-down the worst!

woodychandler, Aug 06, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -40.4%

Quite possibly the worst "beer" I've had ever. Drank straight from a 12 oz can.

Appearance - Your basic American lager, yellow and fizzy.

Smell - Had an odd bread like scent, no detectable hops.

Taste - Awful, absolutely awful. It was the taste you get when your eating Wonder Bread and it gets stuck to the roof of your mouth.

Mouthfeel - Very watery

Drinkability - You have to be kidding me, why would anyone even finish this one?

RichieS2, Apr 25, 2010
1.83/5  rDev -22.1%

A: Yellow urine color, excessive carbonation, bubbles never leave the bottom of the glass, the foamy head is poor and handicapped;

S: Very sweet, corn syrup;

T: Corn with little malt;

M: Watery, fizzy and sweet, no body;

D: Very good only if you have to drive cars.

roddwolff, Jan 15, 2010
2.98/5  rDev +26.8%

Poured from a can into a pint glass. Pours a deep straw/light golden in color with a half inch of head. Brief retention given the large bubbles but does offer some regeneration if needed.

Smell is odd, mostly of condensed cooked vegetables and grains and with a metallic shallowness.

Fights its way back in the flavor department. Touch of cereal texture and with a light sweetness that isn't nearly as overpowering as some of the style. Feel and drinkability are good as well, more akin to a Bud Light than an N/A.

Aside from the smell, this brew drinks OK. Just leave it in the can.

HalfFull, Aug 13, 2009
2.2/5  rDev -6.4%

Appearance: Pours up a clear, light yellow body with a thin, fizzy, white head.

Smell: Whew! This is about as faint as you can get in terms of sweetish malts, friends. And that's all she wrote on the nose.

Taste: Just a mere hint of light pale malts with maybe, say, maybe a whisper of premeditated sweetness. Extremely fleeting hop character and almost nil bitterness. Very empty, very quick finish. Where some beers ride out layers upon layers of flavors on the palette, this "beer" is up and out in mere milliseconds.

Mouthfeel: Exceedingly thin-bodied. Medium carbonation. Watery mouthfeel.

Drinkability: Hard to adequately critique as there was hardly anything there. Sure, there's almost no alcohol, but there's almost no resemblance to actual beer, so I don't really understand the appeal.

ChainGangGuy, Aug 13, 2009
2.6/5  rDev +10.6%

Again, another review of a non-alcoholic beer.

Pours a light golden color with a one-finger head into my glass. Seems normal.

Aroma is sweet and full of corn/grain. Not much to write home about so far.

Taste is light and smooth with a good amount of sweetness and graininess to it. Taste in the middle is surprisingly inoffensive and has a dab of bitterness.

Mouthfeel is grainy, sweet and the bitterness even sticks around a bit.

Not bad. Actually drinkable. Inoffensive. Kind of like Old Milwaukee, but with less alcohol.

Brad007, Apr 23, 2009
2.4/5  rDev +2.1%

My best friends girlfriend is pregnant, and she wanted a beer. So, I went to the store and bought a 12er of OM NA for about $8. I figured since I was buying, I would sample one.

A: Very clear yellow. Looks like a regular beer

S: Non-existent. I can smell pretty much only water, and the very faintest hint of malt

T: Water with, once again, a small hint of malt. This beer is kind of funny, though, it seems like the more I drink, the thirstier I become, and the more I salivate. I wonder why?

M: Like water

D: Very high. Since it tastes like water, its like drinking water, and water is always refreshing.

This is the only NA I've ever had. It's not bad, but I'll stick to regular beer

1099, Jun 24, 2008
3.68/5  rDev +56.6%

With a big old "OM" on the side of the can, I'm already whisked off into a trance. How could I pass this up?

This one is a washed-out gold with a brown tint to it. There is a furious torrent of bubbles streaming up from an imperfection in the bottom of my pint that sustains a frothy eggshell head. This leaves clumps of thin lace up and down my glass. Looks rather nice actually.

Smells of fresh wort, much like grape nuts, with a pasty white flower to boot. There's a slight floral character that helps hide a faint raw sugar sweetness.

Tastes quite similar with the raw grains, but now there's a crisp snap to it consisting of celery and birch bark that suggests a pilsner, but most of this dryness seems to taste more like CO2 than an actual hop variety. Either way, this makes me feel like I'm drinking a soda and not a beer.

Feels very light and exceptionally clean with a rough explosion of soapy bubbles that rise and fall instantaneously.

Not a bad beer for when you want a beer, but don't want the alcohol. A really easy drinker. I look forward to my other 5 cans.

DarkerTheBetter, Feb 22, 2008