Pabst Blue Ribbon Ice - Pabst Brewing Company

Pabst Blue Ribbon IcePabst Blue Ribbon Ice

poor

Pabst Brewing Company visit their website

American Adjunct Lager |  6.00% ABV

(Beer added by: JISurfer on 03-28-2004)
View: Beers (58) |  Events

Spotupfor3

06-19-2012 00:43:12 | More by Spotupfor3
woodychandler

1.75/5  rDev -6.4%

The CANQuest (TM) has been on an extended hiatus this summer as I attempt to reduce some of the ridiculous backlog of bottled beer in my cellar. That said, my local trader, tone77, dropped off a box of beers last night that included this surprise. I was going to hold off on it until I saw tonight's LNBA thread and was inspired. It has been so long since my last CAN that I am *almost* giddy about opening one, even an AAL. Hey, it's a hot as balls night and this beer is ICE!

Man, I just love the auditory aspect of the Crack & Glug! This is more of what I like to refer to as "Greg Koch beer" - fizzy and yellow and if that makes me a sissy, so be it. I initially had two fingers' worth of bone-white head, but it fizzed its way out of existence pretty quickly. Speaking of pretty, the color was a sunshine yellow with NE-quality clarity and lots of tight, tiny CO2 bubbles in evidence. I got plenty of sunshine today as it was, but in the winter, this might be a day brightener. At least until I put my nose to it. 8=( It had a combination of metal, corn and cereal adjuncts to the point that I could not discern anything else. Mouthfeel was on the thin side, despite all of that carbonation and the taste was metallic corn. Have the Cybermen left Minhas? The CAN mentions a PO Box in MKE, so maybe they have taken over WI. That deeply saddens me as I really want to attend UW-Madison to get my PhD in ENGLIT. S&^t! I hear the clanking of metallic boots on the other side of my fence again. They are so fast when they find out that I am onto them! Finish was cold and dry, which was about the last meritorious thing I CAN say about this beer. I will put it in my cooler only when ordered to do so by the Cyberleader.

07-21-2011 02:26:08 | More by woodychandler
tone77

2.88/5  rDev +54%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of grains, some corn. Taste is the same, some corn and grain, not much in the way of flavor. Feels light in the mouth and while it is nothing offensive, it just your ordinary adjunct lager.

07-09-2011 15:13:39 | More by tone77
TLove

District of Columbia

1.35/5  rDev -27.8%

Sorry. I didnt get into craft beer and invest in drinking and reviewing hundreds of beers to buy the "hey, it gets you drunk" beer or, worse, the "who cares, its cheap" beer. So why did I buy this? Mix adjunct/light lager taste test. This was the second worse of 6, the lowest being Natty Ice.

Preposterous excuse for a beer. Despite its relatively high ABV for a light lager, the appearance, smell, and taste are just awful. Grainy, metallic, corn-laden, and thin are all applicable here. The finish and mouthfeel are somewhat smooth, but balance is king in this category and this beer finishes as dry as Death Valley after locust season.

11-13-2009 05:51:51 | More by TLove
Stinkypuss

2.03/5  rDev +8.6%

A. 12 oz can, poured into a glass. Urine yellow in appearance with a decent head that sticks around for a while.

S. Light grains, alcohol..

T. Follows the nose, light beer with a bite. Grain and corn linger on the palate with a bit of alcohal sting.

M. A bit abrasive to the palate.

D. Hey, it gets you drunk. For beer pong beer, this is solid. Drinking it for any other reason seems foolish to me. I'd stick to Pabst Blue Ribbon over this.

05-16-2009 17:28:13 | More by Stinkypuss
Frozensoul327

2.4/5  rDev +28.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I had never seen this brew before, so i thought it would be worth a try. Turns out to be a straight foward ice version of regular blue ribbon. Smooth, medium carbonation with strong flavors of alcohol, and hops. Not a great beer by any strech, but for 10 dollars a 30 pack, it will do the job on a hot summer day.

04-25-2004 22:44:49 | More by Frozensoul327
BrewMan82

Washington

My brother got a deal on this beer - closeout cases for $5 a pop. He paid WAY too much. Foams immediately out of the top right after cracking the can - after the pour it still foams over for minutes upon minutes. The beer had been in storage for a while so it was not unduly agitated or anything. What the hell? Smells very sour and distinctly of aluminum and stale water. Stale aluminum taste overwhelms everything except for an alcohol aftertaste. Very carbonated. Feels thin and soda-like on the tongue. I have never seen this beer in any store and hope I never do, as I would not wish its' consumption upon anyone (even my worst enemy). At least it was 6.0% so I could quickly get past the taste...

03-28-2004 07:46:59 | More by BrewMan82