Brooklyn Lager - Brooklyn Brewery

Brooklyn Brewery visit their website
New York, United States

American Amber / Red Lager |  5.20% ABV

Beer added by: UncleJimbo on 02-11-1998

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Brooklyn Lager Alström Bros

Not great

1.68/5  rDev -55%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer pours a clear, pale gold with no head or lace. It's aroma is of fruit, bread, and caramel. The flavor is fruity with sweet malt notes followed by a hop bitterness that lasts from start to finish. The flavor is more reminiscent of an APA than a lager and leaves a lasting, dry, bitter, aftertaste. The mouthfeel is light. Brooklyn Lager is a mediochre beer, not recommended.

Appearance - This was a light yellow in color with a modest head.

Smell - The aroma here is overly grainy and rough. It smelled more like an adjunct macro than a quality beer from BB.

Taste - Very disappointing. The grain was cheap and just wouldn't quit. From beginning to end this beer left a foul, graining taste in my mouth.

Mouthfeel - This was light-bodied and watery with a fizzy carbonation that made me think I was drinking a wine cooler.

Sinkability - Well I couldn't really pour this in the sink because I was at the pub, but I was drinking it so slow that the barmaid came over while I still had half a pint left and asked me if I wanted something else. I have had so many good beers from this brewery it's hard to believe that this came from the same place.

I have had this beer before. I have actually had this beer in New York City. Never been to the brewery before… but I wouldn't mind going. I love to travel, I love New York, and I LOVE beer! (Don't get excited… the beer is just okay.)

The beer smells like a lager. Makes sense… this beer is a lager. It has a weak carbonation on top, and sits like a pale in the glass. This beer does get better the warmer it gets. But the beer is an easy find, cheap, and not one that you want to sit around and get warm. At least close to room temperature. You get a hint of that carbonation on the palate, just as the flavor leaves. It's quick, slides down easy, and is a drinkable beer. Its a lager… nothing fancy about it.

I wouldn't buy this beer again, unless it was on sale. I mean, it's a typical boring lager. Brooklyn makes a LOT better beers than this. It's just okay…

2.08/5  rDev -44.2%