Post Road Light Dinner Ale - Brooklyn Brewery

pDev: n/a
Brooklyn Brewery visit their website
New York, United States

English Brown Ale |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 11-26-2003)
Reviews by BeerFan:
3.5/5  rDev n/a

On tap at the brewery. Finally decided to sample it after numerous trips to the brewery. On the board, it says Brooklyn Light, so I guess they dropped "Dinner".
Pours a deep golden color with a very light tan head, which disappears quickly. Minimal lacing. Not much smell or aroma, but a subtle, clean hop presence with a slight lemony aftertaste. Decent balance w/ the malts. I would not classify this as a brown ale, but rather a pale ale; albeit a light one. Although a very easy drinking beer that would make a good cross-over beer for macro drinkers, I doubt I would ever order this again at the brewery.

3.88/5  rDev n/a

On draught at the Brooklyn Brewery. This isn't a brown ale. Was a deep golden color with a sweet, malty aroma. I took me a little while to pinpoint the flavor of this beer, but then I figured it out. It's a maltier Magic hat #9. Apricot flavor is unmistakable. Sweet maltiness in the middle, with a nice but very subtle hop pucker at the end. A simple brew, but I was rather impressed with it. I would like to see how it pairs with "dinner."

Post Road Light Dinner Ale from Brooklyn Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.