Brooklyn Brett Ops - Brooklyn Brewery

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by renegadeburger:
2.83/5  rDev n/a

got to sample this one on cask oh goodie always nice to have a rare treat

poured out jet black very little head on it at all saw a couple of floaties in there

smelled not so good had a deep vinegar smell also a sweaty gym sock aroma kind of funky for sure looking for the nice tartness

taste was a bi better some vanilla and sour cherry in there and some deep molasses

light mouthfeel very lightly carbonated surprising not the big heavy oil i thought was coming

overall an average offering for me i don't think the flavors fused as well

4.38/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Brooklyn Brett Ops?! Absolutely maniacal. 2008 brewing of the Black Ops, not aged in barrels, but given to Brett for a feeding frenzy. The resultant beer is a decadent display of wonder. Comes off the hand pump beautifully, standing tall in its mug, the blackness seeming to envelop the entire bar in the midst of the afternoon.
Lifting the mug haughtily, I indulge my olfactories. Caramel, chocolate, a light funk, vanilla, dates. It is delightful.
It drinks smoothly, the funky sourness coming as support and not an overwhelming and dominant feature of the beer. With little roast in it, the pairing of stout and brett resembles a wonderful flapper dance. Chocolate, vanilla, dates, a touch of sweet sour. Sooo smooth. It is a delightful creature. I find myself wanting to cry over its brevity of life in my glass. The evanescence of it all.
I find myself without pants, weeping at the bar. Someone is kind enough to take me home. Safely inside, I reminisce at beauty gone by.

to view more.
Brooklyn Brett Ops from Brooklyn Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.