Brooklyn High Line Elevated Wheat - Brooklyn Brewery

pDev: n/a
Brooklyn Brewery visit their website
New York, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: JerzDevl2000 on 09-11-2011)
4/5  rDev n/a

4/5  rDev n/a

3.73/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

On-tap at Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, NY

A: The beer is cloudy yellow in color and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a finger high white head that has good retention properties.
S: There are aromas of bananas, bubble gum and wheat in the nose.
T: The taste is similar to the smell and has lots of wheat flavors along with notes of bananas and cloves along with hints of citrus.
M: It feels light-bodied on the palate with a high amount of carbonation.
O: The beer is quite refreshing and goes down very easily.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

5/5  rDev n/a

5/5  rDev n/a

3.65/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

An exclusive beer for the Highline Brewed by Brooklyn Brewery with all ingredients coming from New York state. Definitely a solid and unique wheat beer with a strong citrus flavor. I prefer my wheat beers a little simpler than this rather complex offering but I have enjoyed the occasional excursion to the NY Highline just for a pint of this sudsy libation.

4.28/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I turned 35 yesterday so since it was a nice night out and I had off from work, I finally worked my way down to the Lot on Tap beer garden on 10 Ave & 30 St, paid $7 for my drink ticket, and ordered one of these. I had heard a lot about this and with the new section of the park opening, I thought it was great the Brooklyn brewed the beer that would be exclusive to this site. Sure enough, they did a bang-up job with this and this was worth the hike over to the Far West Side of Manhattan!

This had the pour that would expect from a beer like this - cloudy, golden, and just a bit foamy. Even though this was served in a plastic cup, the lacing still clung to the sides as I worked my way down, watching the skaters go by and the crowd imbibe in food and drink. What really made this beer stood out was the flavor - not dull like some other wheat beers, but very bright. There was lots of honey in this, with some orange, grass, and straw notes in the mouthfeel, which never felt dry or heavy. The aftertaste was quite "wet", as if I had just had an orange minus the citric acid. The carbonation could be the reason for this, as it was present and kept this beer light throughout my drinking session.

Speaking of session, this is a perfect session beer - good on alcohol and enough to enjoy by itself. I'm not sure how long this will be on tap for, but with the new section of the park open and the last warm days of the season upon us, anyone thinking of giving this a go owes it to him or herself to walk the High Line and savor the scene with this in hand. This beer was a perfect accompaniment to the night and to the wild grass on the park itself!

Brooklyn High Line Elevated Wheat from Brooklyn Brewery
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.