Cerebus - Yards Brewing Co.

Cerebus

Pennsylvania, United States

American IPA |  ABV ?

Beer added by: koopa on 11-26-2011

4.32/5  rDev n/a

Had this one served from a firkin at the Drafting Room in Exton PA today. Not really sure why they waited nearly 2 months to have a fresh hop ale event, but this one was still very tasty despite the age.

Appearance: Pours a fairly clear goldfish orange with a 2 finger white crown that shows good retention and lace. Not a bad looking beer, but not much character either.

Smell: Mainly getting some peach, grapefruit, and faint pineapple notes here. Makes sense considering they blended 3 different fresh hop pale ales to make this one - Amarillo, Chinook, and Citra respectively. I would have scored it a 4.25 if I could, but considering it is this nice at this age I'll default to 4.5 for this review.

Taste: Same as the nose. A hint of residual sweetness is nice and a fairly bready malt lets the hops take center stage. I would have scored it a 4.25 if I could, but considering it is this nice at this age I'll default to 4.5 for this review.

Mouthfeel: Thick side of medium bodied with good carbonation. Probably mashed around 154F but that is just a guess of course.

Overall: A pleasant beer to drink and one I wish I would have had the chance to drink in early October.

Not sure why they call it an IPA considering its a blend of 3 pale ales, but the label image clearly stages a triple wet hopped ipa so that is the style I listed it under. (1,354 characters)

Cerebus from Yards Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.