The Black 14 - Brasserie De Bouillon / Le Marché De Nathalie

to view more.
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
Reviews by roblowther:
1.49/5  rDev n/a

I had high hopes for this as it is part of a shipment from Belgium I got of beers that I can't get (and mostly don't know) here in Texas, where the unofficial state motto is "Our beer laws were written by failed prohibitionists and are perpetuated by religious zealots and a conglomerate of corporations who understand nothing about beer and everything about money". It pours pitch black and with no carbonation. I mean NO carbonation. Like shake the bottle all you like, it ain't happening. The smell is licorice and maple sugar. This part, at least, holds some promise. The taste is wood, sugar, and a slightly metallic finish. Promise broken, feeble though it was. The mouthfeel is apalling. Its watery thin but at least its horribly flat. Overall, this is a terrible, terrible beer. It's not the worst I've had. At least it will get you drunk. If you can stand it. I mean, if its this or mouth herpes, take this. Probably. Well, your call, really.

to view more.
The Black 14 from Brasserie De Bouillon / Le Marché De Nathalie
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.