Maibock - Weeping Radish Bavarian Restaurant

Maibock
No picture uploaded.

Weeping Radish Bavarian Restaurant visit their website
North Carolina, United States

Maibock / Helles Bock |  ABV ?

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-19-2002)
Reviews by Loki:
Loki

4.45/5  rDev +9.9%

What a wonderful Miabock, with a floral, citrus nose with hints of malt and hops. Very crisp, very clean. Beautiful light, clear, golden color continued the promise of the nose. The head was hard to judge due to the fact I tasted out of a 2.5 oz shot glass. Where the nose and the color began the promise the taste delivered completely. Wonderful combination of citrus, malt, hops and a clean crispness that makes you want to order another before you've finished your first. This Maibock continues the line of great German style beers that Weeping Radish has created. I can't wait for more!

This could turn Spring into my favorite season!

04-17-2003 05:58:36 | More by Loki
billybearcat

4.08/5  rDev +0.7%

I traveled to the Outer Banks recently for vacation and found this place while just driving around. What a find. Brought several bottles back the beach house and this one was very special.

The color is medium brown and was not that impressive. The head was non-existent. There were lots of little bubbles and it appeared to be well carbonated.

Smell was fruity but not to much. Slight scent of hops.

The taste was the high point of the beer. Smooth, but not overly complex flavor. Hops were easy and not overly present. Very well done.

The feel was balanced with healthy carbonation.

7% but does not taste like it. I had 2 bottles and I am glad I bought the second one. This was an excellent brew.

Also the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Excellent little business!

08-01-2007 20:58:48 | More by billybearcat
CWiggins

3.85/5  rDev -4.9%

I rarely pass up the opportunity to try a brewery's Maibock, and when I stopped at The Weeping Radish Bavarian Restaurant this week it was one I certainly had to sample. When I asked for it, the waitress informed me in a very pleasant manner she wasn't sure if any was left. Luckily, there was a small amount, at least enough to fill the rather large glass mug she brought to my table! This example of Maibock is dark amber with gold highlights. An off-white, one-finger head rose just above the top of the mug, and a long, indulgent smell revealed lighter malts and a bit of citrus. The flavor begins with a sweet front edge, followed by a sweet-and-spicy fruits; apricot certainly stands out. There isn't much of a hops presence, even in the finish. Speaking of the finish, I loved the bready/biscuity taste and feel here. Great beer; it's a shame one has to travel such a great distance to try it!

06-26-2007 15:34:05 | More by CWiggins
veech

Tennessee

4.33/5  rDev +6.9%

I just sampled this at the Hickory Hops festival in Hickory N.C. and man do I wish I could get Weeping Radish locally. This is one of the best beers I've tasted in months.
A: Medium copperish in color with ample cream colored head
S: Malted overtones with grassy hops hints at the end. A citrus tint throughout.
T: Light and crisp while preserving a nice malty character. Hops were well balanced and complimentary to the maltiness. Excellent
M: Light to med feel with perfect body for warmer weather.
D: This is an excellent spring beer that I would love to revisit regularly. Just a superlative beer all the way around.

04-23-2007 19:13:17 | More by veech
shertz

4.18/5  rDev +3.2%

Poured from 1 Pint .9 Fl Oz bottle into a chalice. The bottle is undated.

A- Apple cider in color with little head that thins to nothing quickly. Lots of very small bubble rising to top. Lacing throughout during drinking.

S-Sweet smell of apricots and plums.

T- Very smooth beginning, finishing with some sweet, pleasant hops. The aftertaste is wonderful and just refreshing with taste of plums/apricots. I very much enjoy this one.

M- Pretty carbonated and well-balanced.

D- On a hot day, this is just awesome. I know it says 7.1%, but I just can't seem to find the alcohol on this one which could be quite scary. This is how a Maibock should taste. I can't wait to try the other Weeping Radish brews I picked up in the Outer Banks. If they are like this one, I'll be quite lucky!!

Cheers,
Scott

07-01-2007 01:20:22 | More by shertz
Georgiabeer

Georgia

3.73/5  rDev -7.9%

Pours a medium golden with a thin head. The smell is sweet malt and cereal grain as well as some floral aromas. The taste is creamy and floral with honeysuckle and grain and quite the malty finish. Substantial mouthfeel and slightly sweet, but not cloying. I'd drink this again.

07-06-2007 21:52:33 | More by Georgiabeer
goindownsouth

3.73/5  rDev -7.9%

A really good bock by this bunch at the Weeping Radish. It is crisp and has a real snap on the nose and palate. It is a clean brew that goes very well with most anything on their menu - German food of course! Prost!

10-19-2002 04:25:33 | More by goindownsouth
Maibock from Weeping Radish Bavarian Restaurant
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.