Arcadia Hop Rocket - Arcadia Brewing Company

Arcadia Hop RocketArcadia Hop Rocket

Arcadia Brewing Company visit their website

(Beer added by: bashiba on 12-28-2007)
Another6Pack

11-22-2011 02:15:00 | More by Another6Pack
BrewtalHonesty

03-20-2014 11:25:50 | More by BrewtalHonesty
Cmcshane

This is as close to hopslam as you can get. Awesome! Hop rocket is an incredible double ipa. It drinks like 15 percent. Once again another great hoppy beer from Michigan! The beer is smooth compared to the hoppy counter parts. I compared to double trouble, hopsickle, hop stoopid, and hop wollop from victory and it hands down was the best beer tonight. Arcadia moves up in my book tonight.

05-11-2011 02:34:34 | More by Cmcshane

TwelveOunces

Kentucky

4.97/5  rDev +32.5%

12 Oz Bottle poured into a tulip

No visible bottle date. But this is the first time I have seen this, ever, so I am assuming its fresh.

A- Rather clear orange with a one finger white head, nice legs on the glass and nice bubbles. A beaut.
S- Holy Pinecones! This is one piney beer, More so then anything I have ever come by. Lots of lemon as well as mango and orange as well as every other good smelling tropical fruit ever. This is the second beer I have ever given a 5 in smell, the other is Arctic Panzer Wolf. (Guess she's freshly bottled)
T- A nice but not overwhelming bitterness up front. Hop characteristics are Very, very citrus based. Lots of lemon and mango and pine. This is so piney, I can literally imagine tasting pine sap right out of a tree, Malts are there, Barely, but this is as hop forward as they come. Amazing stuff.
M- Goes down dangerously easy but is quite warming. Bitter aftertaste, but I love it, this baby will definitely obliterate you palate and that's alright by me.
O- I saw this, thought it looked cool and bought it. I was a bit alarmed when I rang it up at 15$ a 4 pack! (I think it was at least). Then I read some reviews prior to trying and I am blown away by the amount of negative reviews and became skeptical of my decision. Some people may have come by some old batches or something because Holy crap, this is a DIPA if I ever have seen one. What are you hopheads waiting for? This beer is all about the Hop and for that I say amen.

02-04-2012 10:26:42 | More by TwelveOunces
Oldscramch

4.85/5  rDev +29.3%

I've had Arcadia's Hop Mouth, which I think is fairly tasty, but I had an opportunity to try this at the Michigan Brewer's Guild Summer Beer Fest this past weekend in Ypsilanti. I bought the Hop Mouth at my local market on a whim but now I realize I should I have bough the Hop Rocket. In any case, my next IPA purchase will be this beer.

Note: I tasted this in a small sample cup, your mileage may vary.

A: Orange with a small to medium white head.

S: Citruses, bold, hoppy. Like Grapefruits.

T: VERY citrusy. Just as hoppy as it smells, and more grapefruity. Only light aftertaste that makes you want another drink!

M: Clean, crisp.

D: I could drink these all day, and would if I didn't have anywhere to be later in that day.

07-27-2009 02:10:46 | More by Oldscramch
BMoney575

4.8/5  rDev +28%

Sampled on 1-14-08
Bottled on G5

Pours a crystal clear, syrupy-looking amber color, with a thin head that leaves rings of white lacing.

Smell is huge, sweet, bitter hops, with a huge sweet malt to back it up. Thick, overpowering and outstanding.

Taste is scary good. A slightly bready malt gives way to an alcohol, fruity hops extravaganza. The super thick hop flavors linger forever, and keep tickling your tongue with their awesomeness.

Mouthfeel is perfect...it's like hop maple syrup.

Drinkability is fantastic, considering the moderate alcohol which I'm guessing is there.

Overall, by far the second-best double IPA I've ever had. This beer just slapped Mr. Hopslam across the face. It gives me chills.

01-15-2008 01:24:01 | More by BMoney575
williamherbert

4.75/5  rDev +26.7%

Pours a cloudy, glowing orange color. Huge puffy head. Glows bright from the inside like primordial amber.

The aroma is a big, bold flowery hop. Notes of spicy orange peel and tangerine. (It uses Summit hops, which is one of the few beers I've had that uses them.) Has a rich, rye-like base in the aroma. It's sweet and estery and magnificent. Unreal.

The taste is sweet tangerine and orange with a hint of grapefruit. It's like a rich, bready base with a kind of citrusy (Five Alive?) flavor on top. But the malt is dark like a bitter rye bread. Just this side of perfect.

The feel is creamy and yet oily like an Imperial Stout or a barleywine. It's substantial and doesn't let you forget it's there. This is a goddamn fantastic beer. A masterpiece.

03-08-2009 16:57:49 | More by williamherbert
avalonct

03-02-2013 22:21:19 | More by avalonct
DreaminBeer

06-26-2012 17:13:33 | More by DreaminBeer
CraftAle

4.72/5  rDev +25.9%

Absolutely unique mix of hops that I have not tasted before---and I loved it! Intense pine/herbal more than typical fruit. However, there was some fruit in aroma. Some floaties in amber colored, medium bodied brew. Main reason to buy is a intense hop mix that is DIFFERENT!

01-02-2008 21:55:22 | More by CraftAle
sliverX

S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

4.6/5  rDev +22.7%

poured a deep cloudy copper orange with a cream colored head that was very thick then faded to a film that laced well
smell was a very citrusy hops somewhat balanced out by a good amount of caramel malt
taste very bitter citrus and pine hops throughout
mouthfeel was somewhat thick and actually kind of creamy
drinkability this is the perfect hop bomb to me

06-03-2009 04:14:11 | More by sliverX
AylwinForbes

4.58/5  rDev +22.1%

Pale amber in the glass with a modest head. Superb aroma of intense pine and resin which one could wallow in for ages. Compared to other imperial IPAs we thought this was notable. It is very much a hop beer as the name implies. The aroma transfers to the palate with dry citrus (not the fruity overtones of say Dreadnaught). On tap, very smooth and drinkable - dangerously so. Definitely in our top ten so far.

01-28-2008 22:23:12 | More by AylwinForbes
bashiba

Iowa

4.55/5  rDev +21.3%

Poured a nice orange amber color with a fluffy white head.

Smell is all grapefruity hop goodness. And I mean fresh grapefruit, like I just cut one open.

Flavor is suprisingly balanced with a big toasted malt goodness and nice light grapefruity finish, but not at all bitter.

Mouthfeel is oily and viscous with decent carbonation.

Easy to drink and tasty, a clear winner! Its almost like and imperial English IPA.

12-28-2007 00:20:54 | More by bashiba
david131

4.55/5  rDev +21.3%

A- An completely clear orange colored liquid with some good streams of rising carbonation. The head is massive and super creamy and leaves wonderful lacing.

S- Lots and lots of grapefruit with a little pine. The caramel malt backing is great. So close to the brother DIPA down the road (Hopslam), but not quite as glorious.

T- Sweet with a great fruity hop profile. Not super bitter, just very flavorful- just the way I like it. The alcohol is slightly apparent, but not offensive in any way.

M- Very crisp and dry. Not quite as sticky and thick as I like. The flavor does linger for quite awhile.

D- I am really impressed. For a spur the moment purchase (mostly because of the label), this was fantastic. One of the better DIPA's out there. Get some.

01-15-2008 03:24:12 | More by david131
gratefulbeerhead

Indiana

01-11-2012 23:31:33 | More by gratefulbeerhead
redbert

01-05-2012 03:07:31 | More by redbert
tapman

4.5/5  rDev +20%

Looks like a DIPA to me. One thing hard about doing these kinds of beers is that they all look the same. I guess for this one the head could have been better, but it is very clear. Though, some bottle conditioning would have been nice for this beer, yeah? Is it filtered? How would it age with no/few yeast in the bottle?

Sweet raisin malt/dark crystal aroma with beefy, earthy, resinous hops. Smells like your hands after dividing up a lb. of fresh Magnum hops. Alcohol is very faint, which is a plus for me, and it only really shows at all when a little warmer. Could this brew use some grass or citrus? Would that hurt it or help, I can't decide.

Alcohol much bigger in the taste than the nose. Hop flavor is mellow, but buttery in the back and crisply bitter in the front. Bitterness is balanced by the higher gravity. Both hop bitterness and flavor retain nice, round, warm characters in the finish.

MFeel is heavy not syrupy, with a tinge of effervesc unfermentables ence. A pretty smooth drink for the amount of alcohol and. I wonder what the finishing gravity is on this brew...?

A solid beer, though I must confess that my knowledge of such high gravity beers is limited. I'm not a huge fan of barley wines and DIPAs, but I heard good things about this one. The fact that I like it says something to me, but I have yet o attempt a high gravity homebrew and look forward to potentialy updating my review for better or worse.

01-30-2010 23:35:56 | More by tapman

03-26-2012 16:14:02 | More by IPx
Dansting

Kansas

4.5/5  rDev +20%

Bottle. Pours a slightly cloudy orange color with a medium white head. Excellent aroma of hops and citrus, especially grapefruit. Mouthfeel isn't that great, as it feels heavily carbonated. Flavor is very nice. Strong alcohol presence, with grapefruit as the dominant citrus flavor to it. Another really good offering from Arcadia.

02-06-2008 03:29:07 | More by Dansting
Ricochet

4.5/5  rDev +20%

Don't know why but the Hop House in Pitt, PA had this listed as "Hop Mouth", but I'm sure it was this. It was a double IPA with the same ABV and from Arcadia, so here goes:

A: Cloudy, dark orange with no head and no lace with some light coming through. Beer soup.

S: Sweet. Very fruity. It's liquid hops. Not candy like. A hop head's dream.

M: Yep. Bitter. Actually, it was a bitter wash but smooth in the swallow and a creamy, fruity aftertaste. Balanced.

T: Carrot sticks, raisin, slightly citrus leaning to grapefruit but not defining. Candy note on top. Smooth flowing profile that mixed perfectly with nothing too extreme or sticking out. Wow. Even the alcohol was muted. Perfect.

D: Tricky. So good and smooth, I wanted another but the ABV meant this was the last beer of the night.

Overall, wow. One of the best I've tried.

05-30-2008 04:04:54 | More by Ricochet